Why aren't you using Windows 10 Redstone aka The Anniversary Update right now?

Why aren't you using Windows 10 Redstone aka The Anniversary Update right now?
It's officially out on VLSC you know.

Memes aside, update took around 30 minutes on HDD and it didn't touch privacy or any other settings. Feels a lost snappier than previous build. Even defender now asks if it can sent samples to M$ or you can turn it off completely (default is OFF)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/
groovypost.com/howto/turn-off-windows-10-start-menu-suggested-apps-ads/
download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/crup/2016/08/windows10.0-kb3176929-x86_cf3f361027798193039075137ce5f78a10759c50.msu
download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/crup/2016/08/windows10.0-kb3176929-x64_239f7e8c5075df555b2898b4efc734d7d7dded49.msu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

10 rupoors have been deposited, keep up the good work.

go away mad freetard

I don't need that "upgrade"
in fact, nobody exept 12yo gaymer kids do.

:^)

Why? It's already August 2nd

It will be forced down our throats any minute.

ugly af spoiler this shit

It doesn't come out till tomorrow retard.

kys

Do you think you can get me the link to Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB anniversary edition?

I know for a fact that it has to be out since the official release for Windows Server 2016 (RTM) is already out there too.

>two clocks

:^)

Do you like my new Linux distro? I call it Sup ForumsNU+Linux

When does it come out for people who use digital entitlement?

why isn't it on FUCKING MSDN yet

Today

do you feel any increase in gaming performance?

if it stays the same i dont give a shit about this update lol

lol

Nothing yet.

Check harder

It will be rolled out in waves I suppose.
But surely soon enough.

My household has 5 Windows 10 PCs so our internet connection will be dead for the day...

Might as well download the .iso and upgrade from that.
I really can't wait, I need the official non-regedit dark theme now.

from the looks of things you can still turn the adware off, you just can't do it via the GPE.

I already have it on my laptop. It's pretty good.
Just look for official ISO's or just wait a few more hours...

I guess, I'll try to leave my computer on. I'm going to sleep, It's almost 8AM here.

Other than the whole lockscreen thing I'm pretty happy with it. As you said, it does feel snapper especially the universal apps.

Taking away settings from pro users is pretty shitty though, especially because its not like I'm going to be able to get an enterprise version anyways to get settings back.
ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT

Because I'm not a retard who can't use Linux

Im probably going to sleep too. 2AM here.

Also, RIP sleep cycle..

they're not taking the setting away, you can still do this:
groovypost.com/howto/turn-off-windows-10-start-menu-suggested-apps-ads/

you just can't do it via the GPE any more.

But there are settings they are taking away. For example it's not possible to turn off the lock screen anymore on the Pro version.

Granted its a minor annoyance but why the hell do I need to do an extra button press to dismiss the lock screen before logging in every single time on a laptop and desktop?

i just fired up the media creation tool, upgrade my system, and it is downloading files dated on 7/26
it might be the thing

Hey babe.

Wanna hook it up with links to the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N Anniversary edition?

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ISO?

just download for 1 pc then share through the lan feature...

>gray columns now are white

jesus christ

>Memes aside
I don't consider my bank, social media, and various online service accounts being compromised to be a meme. I take my security seriously and the only people using windows 10 unironically are gaymer kids from Sup Forums and tech illiterate middle aged sad sacks browsing Sup Forums. Fuck off shill. Nobody in their right mind wants your NSA backdoors, even if they're free (as has been shown in the past by microshaft forcing their wangblows on people).

Any reason why my Enterprise version is still 1511? I didn't check "Defer upgrades"

>social media
You provide your data directly to the NSA already, what issues can you possibly have with W10?

>implying I'm talking about twatter and facebutt
There is non-botnet social media. It's just hard to come by.

No build upgrades for Enterprise, mate. Repair via latest ISO or do a clean install.

you can change color or use edgy black theme
btw it just downloaded final build update

>using the smiley with a carat nose
>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

How similar are the group policy settings in Pro, basically could I turn off the botnet stuff the same as in Enterprise there?

Sounds like I'd better off installing Pro, repairing/re-installing Enterprise every time a new build comes out sounds like too much trouble but I bet the improvements will finally add some stability.

In this new version? I read they removed some options from the group policy settings and left them only on Enterprise.

>using green text

I've been using the preview for about a week, I really like it, but why the fuck did they have to remove messaging everywhere? What the fuck is the point of installing a messaging app that does nothing?

literally no one uses it

To those that have it already, how is the performance in comparison to 1511?

You want me to run 3d mark or tell you how it feels?

Oh Lord.

So it's yearly reinstall vs letting MS decide what I am allowed and not allowed to have on my pc. M-maybe Redstone will be actually mature and I won't need to upgrade again ... if I only didn't jew out with AMD cpu, I could've just switch to homOSeX

Both :^)

>M-maybe Redstone will be actually mature and I won't need to upgrade again
No chance. Redstone 2 is due April 2017.

well it feels faster but maybe it's placebo. UI, control panel is better and so is start menu but that subjective. maybe scrolling animation is what makes it feel smooth as fuck. it's like there is the same amount of bloat but it's more optimized

brb running 3d mark

probably the most reddit thing ever seen in Sup Forums
nice trips.

I noticed the same, most UI stuff does feel snappier to some extent but universal apps like settings, mail, weather, feedback hub, etc. feel MUCH quicker. OneNote probably opens in 1/3 the time it did before.

Also the terrible font rendering in universal apps has been improved significantly. Still not great but no longer complete bleeding eye cancer now.

Early birds
download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/crup/2016/08/windows10.0-kb3176929-x86_cf3f361027798193039075137ce5f78a10759c50.msu

x64
download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/crup/2016/08/windows10.0-kb3176929-x64_239f7e8c5075df555b2898b4efc734d7d7dded49.msu

well at least it's not slower
I need to reinstall it to get a proper system info probably

7 is better.

way ahead of you but thanks

What does the update change exactly?

Well, as long Redstone 1 is stable I won't care too much. Don't give a fuck about new "features" or whatever, just want to have less crashes.

From the look of it Redstone 2 is a smaller update than the name suggests with features that didn't make it into 1. Unless they fuck up something with RS1 ... they will fuck something up, won't they?

Lol.

LOl..

Anybody got the links to the enterprise N LTSB anniversary update?

>using the smiley with a carat nose

LOL...

LOL!

LUL

L0L

LoL

LOL LUL LMAO ROFL ROFLMAO ROFLMACOPTER HAHA HEHEH HAAAAA

Do i understand correctly that now all the candy crush and similar malware will be installed and showed in your start menu without you having a chance to turn it off?

k dude

nope

I haven't gotten a chance to update my windows 10 laptop yet.

I've been busy with my new mini mac I got this weekend. So far it's been super nice and I'm kinda wondering why I never got one earlier.

Honestly, if I hadn't gotten the laptop for free (doing friends favors pays off) and the Win10 for free, I don't think I'd ever even bother trying it. This Mac does everything I want and does it well. Everything I want to do is laid out so intuitively that I haven't even had to figure how to do anything I've wanted to do yet. It's just works naturally.

And for my main desktop I'm running Gobo Linux, and I have tweaked every aspect of it to my hearts content. I love tinkering on the system and getting into the nuts and bolts of the OS.

For mobile I have a custom Android, and for hobbies I've got a couple Raspberry Pi laying around. I don't really see what my Windows 10 computer is even good for. Everything I could do with it, I have something that works better. I tried selling on Craigslist the laptop not long after I upgraded to 10, but nobody seemed to want it.

subscribed

it will install candy crush, skype and other bullshit without asking. and it will be back 10 minutes after you deinstalled it.

No it won't

Can you run bash in rxvt?

are you imbecilic? or just lonely and feel like shitposting for (You)s?
because I'm using it for 5 hours now and didn't have any of memes you mentioned. if anything it was respectful in terms of privacy and asked whether I want to sent data or not first time I ran an app

look for it bro.

You might have to use a torrent because its kinda hard to find the LTSB iso otherwise.

>you can change color or use edgy black theme
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Because there is nothing on it that can't wait till tomorrow.

Does it come with bash? I remember Microsoft saying there would be bash on the anniversary update.

yesiir

Isn't it still in beta? It's functional but I'd wait for the first stable release just in case.

not sure if it works with all explorer windows but if I remember correctly there is a registry setting to make everything look like that. not a fan of it personally

Didn't work for me

>Lightning
My fucking nigga

it's a patch not a download link to windows itself

How long till windows gets good 4k scaling?

literally pinnacle of female character design imo

That pure black dark theme looks disgusting, they should have put some dark grey instead

funny because it was patched almost last day, it was grey but amoled users were crying about it not being #000000

I already have Windows 10, I tried running it but it said the update didn't apply to me ???

>requiring scaling
stop buying shitty 24" 4k monitors

just watch a movie of fap or whatever you do. for me it downloaded from windows update a few hours ago, it's really small patch