Adobe Softwares are the only things that keeps me using Windows

Why there is no good and professional, Linux compatible graphism and video editing softwares?

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion/features
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hollywood uses expensive closed source software on Linux.

>that layering
>lynda.com

There are good Linux video&photo editing programs, just because you don't hear about them doesn't mean they don't exist. Stuff like Krita, lwks and to some extent kdenlive are actually good. Not as good as stuff like sketch, adobe programs or Vegas though.

A lot of people disregard them however due to them not behaving similar to adobe suite programs, which is pretty stupid reasoning.

For photography I have everything I need (Gimp, RawTherapee...) - it's a hobby for me.
But I need real professional softwares since I work in that field (CMYK support, cutting machines plug-in, fast workflow, compatibility with industry and customer's standard...).

Inkscape ain't that bad, you can replace Illustrator with it - just gotta get used to its snapping options and more basic clipping tools.

Does it have CMYK and Spot Color support?

>CMYK support, cutting machines plug-in, fast workflow, compatibility
You can have all of these. All you have to do is research.
>industry and customer's standard
This however is a mayor issue, and there's nothing around that. Libreoffice might be able to manage docx easily, but the professional landscape is on a completely different level.

Adobe's creative suite works well and is widely accepted and used in the professional world. So of course they're always the best option. Open source alternatives have improved, but they'll never be as good as Adobe's.

Same, and videogames mostly
>b-but wine!
Wine has its own issues I don't want to deal with.

No spot colors. CMYK is supported.

Can people stop pretending like GIMP has even 10% of the functionality of Adobe products? GIMP is more like a paint.net analog.

Why wont adobe port it to linux? 3d rendering programs I use all support linux now, I want to dump windows due to windows 10 but photoshop and zbrush are difficult to replace.

I would even pay for their stupid subscription crap if they actually offered it on linux instead of adding features I don't need.

Why has no one made an open PS clone yet? All anyone needs is the same basic features duplicated with the same UI and format+plugin support. It's been a long time since they added anything important to PS.

Games and adobe suite are good reasons to stay on windows but couldn't you just use those products on a VM and linux as a main driver?

Because desktop Linux is a mess.

inb4 it werks for me

Well, you're a neckbeard and 99% of people aren't neckbeards. You tell them to use CLI and they'll freak out.

I have seen someone running photoshop in wine. Apparently it runs surprisingly well.

>Why has no one made an open PS clone yet? All anyone needs is the same basic features duplicated with the same UI and format+plugin support.

So, basically, take Adobe's code, and make it free to the public?

CLI applications really aren't scary at all, just learn the basics of the command line and remember to open the manual when you don't know something. And they do help a lot in certain cases.

I hate gimp with a passion, such a shit program.

what is black magic design fusion 8?

>tell them to use the CLI and they'll freak out.
How do you rationalize that people would be freaked out if they have to type stuff, but when apple introduced a "personal assistant", everyone managed to figure out how to talk to their phone.

It is the damn same thing.

Gets the simple job done. The interface is kinda ugly, though. Just don't pretend it's anywhere near as good as PS and you'll see it's not even a bad image editor.

I honestly don't like any of the free options for digital photography as much as Lightroom. I keep trying, since using trials is tedious, but I can't. I've tried Darkroom and RawTherapee so far, any other suggestions?

>Why has no one made an open PS clone yet? All

That would violate copyright that I'm sure Adobe will defend fiercefully.

Did you mean paint.exe?
Gimp is crapware that need to be trow away and rewritten from scratch.

For us luck we have krita.

such a shame linux already has an industry- grade video editing software

That's -NOT- a high grade video editor. And you have to get a licensed copy to have access to the Linux version. Resolve Lite is only available to Windows and Mac OS.

That's the problem, I work with Adobe everyday.
When you are used to Adobe, everything else is shit. Especially Gimp.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
its black magic design fusion 8 and its used fore creating many hollywood blockbuster movies

for example: mad max : fury road
the martian
ant man
avengers : age of ultron and more

Did you even look at what you posted?

but there is a linux version....

yes i did

here you go champ,it seems like you are retarded

blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion/features

I wish more software would work on Linux, and I wish all games would work on Linux. I seriously dislike using windows, but I don't have a a choice if I want to keep using the software that I want to use.

I need spot color, that's h
And Inskape

Games are voluntary.
Use windows for work and use linux for everything else.

/bread

sage