Firefox DRM "features"

What the fuck is this shit, I loved Mozilla Firefox til now, this Firefox update 48.0 is bullshit, even in about:config and setting add on signing to be disabled it 100% blocks unsigned add-ons, fuck this worthless company and their shitty DRM, once I learn C I might as well make my own browser, all the others suck, Chrome is the worst browser in existance, Opera is a chink proprietary botnet, Firefox does this autism, don't even think about Edge, I'm not a Windows user and I absolutely hate using shitty forks of Firefox, rather use a real actual good browser which Firefox was before this fuckery. Mozilla is going downhill farther and farther and I hate it, is Midori any good? What is the official Sup Forums web browser? Google Chrome is NOT that, summerfags will say it is but it is not.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.thewindowsclub.com/firefox-48-released-disables-unsigned-addons-supports-safe-downloads-85231/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I doubt you'll ever be able to make your own web browser when you can't even bypass the extension signing.

in the recent update it was entirely blocked out, in 47.0.1 it wasn't forced down your throat, you could change it and it would work, but doing all known options like i could in 47.0.1 it blocks out all add ons that are unverified, it won't run, it's a "feature" in the new update, check for yourself
news.thewindowsclub.com/firefox-48-released-disables-unsigned-addons-supports-safe-downloads-85231/

if you're malware-botnet addon can't get signed, get the FUCK off of my Sup Forums

it's a self compiled add-on and ublock, fuck off cuck

Download EME-free or unbranded version. The former has no DRM anti-features in addition to not having restrictions like this.

Also, don't be a dickhead and respect Mozilla's reasoning behind this change. Only one in thousands of users actually uses unsigned extensions consciously, most of them just got literal malware.

Im using the EME-Free version, always have, still blocks this shit out, try for yourself

also I respect the reasoning but holy shit they straight up block the option to disable it even though it's in the about:config which btw no normie ever goes into about:config or knows of it's existance so this is literally Mozilla being restrictive, it's tyranny.

I'll quote Mozilla. Perhaps not perfectly accurate, but enough to get the point.

TL;DR: this is for your safety, you can still disable it if you're willing to take the responsibility.

"... nothing stops the malicious software from changing the corresponding about:config value and claiming they're innocent because the user didn't untick a tiny gray checkbox on page 38 of their EULA. By hard-coding the value, we make it so that such applications would have to do the blatant malware step of replacing the Firefox executable."

Servo

>you're

are amerifats this retarded?

Boohoo, cry me a river.

Most of us are.

Pale Meme is always looking for contributors.

>disable about:config
alright guess I'm finally uninstalling

Switch to one of the dozen channels that allow unsigned extensions then faggot.
>ESR
>Unbranded Stable
>Unbranded Beta
>Developer Edition (Aurora)
>Nightly

It's not that fucking hard.

You realize this change would be pointless if they kept the about:config toggle right?
The malware would just flip its value along with installing the botnet extension.
It HAD to be done this way unfortunately.

Try out Chromium!

Good goyium.

there are stuff I have to change in about:config every damn time I install firefox that I have to do to use the browser

taking that away pretty much makes the browser useless to me

That's absolutely stupid. Like always.

I'm using the old pocket extension.
This made it actually usable.
Faggots stopped developing it and integrated it into firefox.
Web interface sucks balls.
Old extension was still usable although unsigned.
After this it won't be useable.
Good extensions like Downthemall wont be useable when they change the extension mechanisms.

Wtf, Mozilla!?

See There are plenty of solutions for people who must use unsigned extensions.
But for regular users, the only way of preventing malicious extensions is to remove the about:config as well.

Otherwise it's just like locking your door but leaving the key in.

about:config still works dumbfuck, just that setting is hardcoded

We still love you
Pls don't bomb us

Holy shit, you are a complete fucking idiot. They removed the toggle, not about:config.

you really should be embracing the chink botnet by now. taking the yellow pill was the best thing i have done. i have 20+ xiaomi products in my house all communicating wirelessly and sending information back to the homeland. feels good.