Cyber Security

Hi Is there a good place to start learning cyber security ? I'm fairly well versed in C,VB,python,c++ but have learnt nothing about cyber security where can I look where does one start?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Netsec_general
youtube.com/channel/UC9Qa_gXarSmObPX3ooIQZrg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just wear your hood up and google how to hack facebook

worked for me

go read a book about cyber security faggot

why is this so hard to figure out?

>Alexa, define Cyber Security
>Alexa, how do I hack you to fall in love with me?

Why reply things like that I'm not looking to hack.Please avoid ruining Sup Forums with stupid reply's thanks

tfw learned soldering in kindergarten
tfw used a 486 since i was 6

op, why don't you fuck off and stop letting hollywood memes define you

how abou taking up the ' i want to be gay because i can't get a gf' meme, faggot

fuck off

Cyber Security from a book is not what I'm looking for maybe I should be more specific anything technology based in a book is normally useless and outdated.

lmao maybe you should stick to watching mr robot gaylord

Thanks for yet again a comment on the image its unrelated I just used something related somewhat but yet again silly replies I'm not looking for cyber security for derps thanks It was a genuine question for some possible source of interesting information to sink my teeth into in future ill be more specific thanks for the troll replies.

Install Gentoo

>anything technology based in a book is usually useless and outdated

Holy fuck

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Netsec_general

*teleports behind you*
*slips a note into your pocket*
"Enjoy" I whisper, sticking my tongue into your ear before teleporting away again

The note reads "Cybrary.it" written along the shaft of a very poorly drawn penis

you start with the key concepts
mysql architecture, authentication and so on
it is not super amazing and like in the hackers movie, instead it's boring and tedious

>boring and tedious
Maybe for you

Please its nothing to do with this series thanks :) but much better answers thank you.

maybe its the actual reality, you little kid-haxor-wannabe

I sadly enjoy lots of lines of what others deem dull code :) I think it depends on what you enjoy/motivate towards.

I think reading already created code and editing is more fun that actually creating your own though

What the fuck? If you're interested in binary exploitation etc 'Hacking: The Art of Exploitation' is a good introductory book that doesnt assume prior knowledge.

>well versed in C
>knows nothing about cyber security
Kek. You're not well versed in C m8

Thank you I shall take a look but al ot of books I have checked most of the time are normally not worth the read you seem to get more juice on resources site or so forth but thank you for the recommendation and I will be sure to look for it.

Thank you for lacking to add anything to the post and just commenting crap. Cyber security is one branch of many and one Im yet to know much about.

Books can be good. Keep in mind hacking techniques haven't changed very much since 2002. You want to be well versed in computer architecture, software, and networking. Having some sort of social engineering skillset will also prove useful. You also want to have a hacker mindset, and I don't just mean the freetard version of it, I mean you want to look at a system or application and immediately try to conceive of a way of getting unrestricted access or having the system or application behave in a way that's unintended

There. I made an addition for you

Thank you.

Try to train for Cissp,osce and this kind of certifications

>Cyber
Is it the 1990s again?

>I'm fairly well versed in C,VB,python,c++
Learn networking, networking hardware (Most common brands is usually enough) then learn what goes into making a website run.
After that try to figure out ways to stop the website from running.

>Cyber
That is THE most promising/growing field of cs. (With mobile and shitty web apps , make your choice)

>tells OP to read a book
>doesn't give any suggestions on what to read
Summer is worst.

Bruh

Guys, I'm not OP but can I please have some honesty on this : is it possible to make Windows as safe as Linux?
Do some hackers/security guys use Windows?

Please rec.

Also since we're in the year 2016, I assume there must be some good videos tutorial too, if anyone can share.
(in after huuuur books are sacred, yeah, but I just learn better through audio and visuals that's it)

an introductory book to cyber security has somewhere between 200 to 500 pages of plain text.
Do you really want to spend the time it takes to read that out loud or do you want the damn book and read them faster than that idiot on youtube can read them out loud while he huffs into his shitty gaming headset?

Haha...yeah but some youtubers are actually really good teachers and use the medium pretty well, without juste recitating an audiobook
But maybe there's none in this domain yeah idk..
(ps : sorry for my bad english)

>Keep in mind hacking techniques haven't changed very much since 2002.

I very much disagree. Ignore books from before 2012.

Check out Hacking: Art of Exploitation.
Pretty good read. Extremely hands on.

Then maybe check the defcon vids on youtube, but it requires some knowledge of computer. You'll get an idea of what real cyber security looks like anf that there is no magic involved but only hard work and methodology. Blackhat con vids are even better but waaay harder to understand.

i'm very slow at reading books

m8 if you cant sit down to read a book on a subject youre interested in, what makes you think you have the drive and patience to actually learn it? Sounds like youre wasting your time.

>stupid reply's
>reply's
Oh dear

stfu curry

Install whatever linux distro you want with Gnome and lurk on Sup Forums.

Could be a light weight gui like Lxde or Xfce with Gnome's icons...

>Anemia
sasuga, esmail senpai

>Cybrary
Legend

Just play Uplink bruv, will teach you everything

fourth episode this season was pretty liberating. Felt kinda positive.

man that part with the not4chan.org window was golden, all those threads on the frontpage
>thread on Sup Forums which had nothing to do with movies/television
>thread on the weapons board talking about tacticool gun mods
>a furry board

Bump

You could never trust a black box like a closed source system.
Read what Stalman wrote about it.

Hack this pen.

unless you reverse engineer or outright remove every bit of code in your system that accesses the network or accesses things that access the network (et cetera), there might be a backdoor or security hole hidden somewhere in those binary blobs.
of course it's possible to do that, but nobody with the time, knowledge and resources to do so has done that when there's always the more comfortable alternative to use a free system such as GNU or BSD.

look at ec council

learning to make a 'perfectly' secure firewall for your VPS web server with iptables and fwbuilder and monitoring the firewall events for a month is a good place to start. Make sure you register a domain name so every russian and chinese bot in the world probes your shit 24/7

you'll learn all the services, packet types, sources of problems and other danger out there. For me it all started when I noticed people were trying 2000 different username and password combinations for my SSH every day, and from there it led to port knocking, pub-priv key pairs and DROP with log for 99.999% of events making nice fat 100mb log files every week

What a tremendous faggot.

Why are any of you helping this dip?

i want to post things which I think are true about cyber security and if nobody calls me a moron I assume it to be true.
it's called a peer reviewed study

Thanks guys.
I see...I was just asking because I'm currently dual booting and can't get rid of Windows 10 because I play some games regularly that I can't play on Linux. So I wanted to try securing Windows as much as I can (is there something I can do besides VPN, multiple passwords, and encrypting hd?)
Well..Let's just hope Steam library grows on Nux.

Also keep an encrypted backup of everything, and if at all possible, for the love of god, downgrade to Windows 7.
10 is cancer.

Otherwise unless you've got government files or CP or something on your machine that's as secure as you will ever need.

this

For everyone looking for books to read, here you go.
In this order:
>Red Team Field Manuel
>The Hacker Playbook
^^^you're now a skiddie
now it's time to put some big boy pants on
>Black Hat Python
>The Shellcoder's Handbook
>Grey Hat Python
Some of the examples in these books are outdated, but it honestly helped me understand what it is because I had to research new ways of recreating the program.

Also Metasploitation is a good youtube channel for illiterate anons
>youtube.com/channel/UC9Qa_gXarSmObPX3ooIQZrg

Holy shit this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen on Sup Forums. I'm screenshotting this shit

>this entire post

>downgrade to Windows 7.
>10 is cancer.
Ultra noob question, but will I lose something if I downgrade to 7? Isn't there something related to games that tend to work only/better with the latest Win versions?

I know english is not my first language but I think I was pretty clear for a simple problem? Unless you consider all video games in general to be absolute kiddy bullshit, then I don't see your point.

Try thinking for yourself

Fuck off pajeet