>year of the linux desktop

ahahahahahahaha why the fuck would this ever happen?

You just wait until Windows becomes a monthly payment service

Daily reminder

Let's get pastas coming

This was right below your post nigga:

>Microshit having to get Linux on just because their system is shit

>using an OS
>not booting to BIOS
fucking casuals

BTFO

of course windows has the most known vulnerabilities, nobody but sad virgins uses linux so nobody cares enough to find them

>of course windows has the most known vulnerabilities
AYY enjoy your malware OS, windumdum

This is not possible since they get 90% of their purchases through windows being preinstalled on computers made by other manufacturers (who buy the licenses en masse) and manufacturers will never pay for a plan.
>people who have sex more are more likely to have stds
wow what a stunning realization!

>People who have sex with sluts get STD
Stunning damage control

I am going to waste my life responding to this. (responding in terms of windows 10)
>devastating rot
windows 10 can run on any machine with modern hardware so this is irrelevant. And most of that "rot" is things like backwards comparability, support for strange hardware and bugfixes for strange edge cases (not that linux users would understand lol).
>no enforced system hierachy
who cares? when I press uninstall the program uninstalls in all the ways that matter. If a few bytes accidentally stay in the registry that is no big deal, as most computers these days have more than 1 mb of memory
>svchost.exe
works fine for me
>user as system administrator
this is optional
>users don't understand UAC
users don't understand linux either though so I guess it evens out lol
>no system wide update system
so what? all my software updates fine
>no good packaging mechanism
i spend maybe 0.1% of my average time using windows installing software so I really could not care less about this one small aspect.
>can't find drivers
how will switching to linux help?
>windows hard to debug (eg can't find out why boot is slow)
if you can't figure out why your boot is slow on windows, then it is very unlikely that you will be ever able to fix a linux bug
>windows updates are slow
I haven't seen an update screen for three years now as they all run overnight so I have no idea how long they take. either way it does not affect me whatsoever
>windows updates waste disk space
I have never seen any OS take up more than 30gb of space. literally pennies if you think about it in terms of dollars / gb

I'm not going to waste my time continuing. This list is a great example why linux will never be a desktop OS. Instead of focusing on features that end users actually care about (eg a hardware support) you faggots instead think that some average joe will be willing to give up all of his software and spare time just because windows sometimes leaves a few bytes in the registry?

Wait forever, gentooman. This will never happen.

>>users don't understand UAC
>users don't understand linux either though so I guess it evens out lol
Do you actually know what he was talking about? Be honest

All of these are basically proof that you're the exact type of person who shouldn't be posting on Sup Forums. Yes, many of these problems are not of concern to Average Joe. These are make or break for somebody who needs a reliable and transparent system that needs to run with minimal downtime.

How is it shit exactly?

complaining about IE7 is a little outdated, no?

>The same shit that happened with literally every windows version ever

>no but this time...

why would you expect someone who can't even understand a popup from UAC to be able to operate a console interface on linux?
Well the average joe is who decides when it will be the year of the linux desktop.
>reliable and transparent system that needs to run with minimal downtime
>reliable
windows is reliable (has recieved 1000x more hours of testing than linux)
>transparent
what does this mean? how does this affect daily usage of a computer
>minimal downtime
this isn't the 90s anymore. Pretty much any OS can run all day (or until whenever you turn it off) without crashing. If you are talking about servers than this is a different discussion that is not relevant to the topic at hand.

Unfortunately most of the concerns are misplaced too. Packaging for example is sort of pointless in the age of SaaS delivery channels like Steam. And for anything else there's even nugget. I have no idea why Windows not having an apt clone can be considered a bad thing...

m$ engineers chatting about it

pic related the answer to this shitty pasta

>Windows 8 received 1,240,000,000 hours of testing whereas new kernel releases get, I guess, under 10,000 hours of testing
>new kernel releases get, i guess, under 10,000 hours
>i guess

Why take anything this guy says seriously if he doesn't have any actual evidence to back it up?