Be me

>be me
>notice ageing mid-range pic is acting sluggish
>turns out there is svchost process taking 25% cpu and using between 1-2gb ram seemingly at random for hours at a time
>run virus scans etc detect nothing
>spend some time googling, seems to be a problem with Windows Update
>follow advice, problem seems to have gone
>haven't updated Win7 Ultimate in ages, 200 or so recommended updates overdue
>decide to install only the security updates, 100 or so about 500mb worth
>updates download, I restart to install, go to bed
>wake up 4 hours later and find pic related
>ok don't panic I'll be patient and let it revert shit
>after 3.5 hours it finally changes to shutting down phew.jpg
>Windows boots again to pic related

How fucked am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>download windows 10 iso
>install
>it just werks
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You're fine mate. Those updates are just complicated as fuck. Let your shit do it's job.

Why would I though? Win7 just werks too.

Thanks senpaialam I'll calm down. Would it be common to need several passes at reverting updates if I installed about 100 at once?

Clearly fucking not retard

let it unfuck itself and then don't touch windows update ever again

use wsus offline updater instead, it's also faster.

My MacBook Pro with Retina display doesn't have this problem

Yeah but your bank account does

>winblows
Mein danke

Better get that preperation H for that burn

This means "My thanks" in German you retard

Fick du

First off you're a retard for not installing those updates in batches of 25 at a time. 100 all at once? Fuuuuuuuck.

Second off, you must be running off a HDD with a slow as shit CPU and RAM. Just get a new PC.

It's "Fick dich" you tard. You don't deserve the re- in front of it anymore.

Gogle something about it. You will find what update of winblows you need to get to svhost run correctly and I am no kidding, it's known problem with fresh installed windows 7

Matt from yesterday's thread. My CPU has died and laptop is shutting off randomly.

Fuck all the people who were laughing at me thinking I was paranoid.

All your personal files are safe on your Hard Dive / SSD.
Buy a new Hard Drive or SSD install windows onto it. Mount your other files and copy them to your new hard drive.

Bonus: use your old hard drive as backup.

Good. Maybe now you can go outside and smash the mind control robots.

>implying I believe in mind control conspiracies
>implying I'm crazy
Oh, shut the fuck up, seriously. I know you're probably trolling but you have to be retarded to believe this.

It's an i5-2500k clocked at about 3.8GHz and the ram is 16GB of low latency DDR3-1600. Not slow in any way

so fucking rekt

Ok this sounds like good advice. Still stuck on that screen about 2 hours later hopefully it does get unfucked and I'll try this.

Protip: when people tell you "it just works", it never fucking does.

Windows in general is fucked as fuck. Installing all those updates at the same time even if it's just security updates, they still depend on changes other updates provide. You either go full windows update or just install them in increments at a time to avoid this problem of yours.

All you can do is wait for windows to slowly unfuck it self. Reverting it's changes is way harder then applying these changes. Fuck I had this problem, I ended up doing as said and did a clean new install. Pretty sure that doing it this way will be faster then waiting for Windows to unfuck itself.

Also you have some damage to your windows, otherwise svchost wouldn't hog up windows resources like that and probably wouldn't have fucked up Windows updater. Resolving the nature of this problem isn't worth the time, I recommend that you reinstall windows.

Slow-ass HDD will still drag you down.

Mostly not. You can delete the Windows Update cache and be good.

I've got a Memory Leak out of nowhere on my Windows 10 Update. SFC fixes nothing. Updates fix nothing. I don't want to re-install because my boot-sector is on another drive I don't want to wipe it, and I don't want to deal with it.

Welp everything is back up and running 11 hours after initial reboot. Pretty sure I was blessed by KEK earlier to let me know things would be ok.

Thanks for support and advice nerds.

Don't fall for the SSD memers; they're the "I'm a fembot" memer equivalent of Sup Forums. Update your shit, defeat hard drive, run a respectable virus scan, and manage your run-at-boot programs.

Defrag*, sorry.