Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-8-Core-Black-Edition/FX-8350-with-Wraith-cooler/141
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The lies. Oh the lies.

it it wasn't for the power draw and watt usage it'd be alright. Communities and such way overhyped it.

$399 US Dollars

Not cheap enough compared to the 1060 and the power draw fiasco. Might be worth buying over the 1060 in a few years, maybe. Depends on how the API wars shape up.

8gb of vram on a budget 1080p card is redundant but idiots will buy anything

the 4gb model is perfect though

but muh future proof budget card

Fuck off shill

1 4 n m
n
m

The chip came way overclocked which annihilated its efficiency. They should've kept to a 1-1.1GHz clock rate and pushed voltages way lower and advertised it as the 380's successor, which realistically it is. It's still selling like crazy which is good but it would have vastly more demand if they pushed it nearer to where they're positioning the 470, which by the way is going to sell as many if not more cards than they've already managed with the 480 simply because of its positioning and performance.

Too much hype, if amd release rx470 or 490 nvidia gonna cockblocked it with 1050 or price drop from 1070/1080.

Nvidia Gimpworks

in 3 years time when all GTX 9xx cards MYSTEROUSLY fail, we'll look back and laugh

*380's ultra-power-efficient successor

>Up to™

>having the same card for more than 2 years
what's it like being poor my man

man, it even beats the 380x

Double-double-quads confirm. Goyworks will abandon the 9xx line just like they did with everything (except the 750 ti for some bizzare reason)

That's a fine lifetime for a GPU.

it fucking sucks

Goddamn Ncucks are brainwashed as fuck.

You're right, I'm such a consumerist whore.

you can still play modern games on 4870s

Why don't you practice what you preach?

At 4:3 sub 20 fps you sure can.

my GTS 8800 is still working fine in my machine desu

The only GPU that I felt that way about was the 5970. It works pretty well even today.

It's AMD.

guys r9 390 for 200€ or rx 480 for 270€ ?
well theres also the 4Gb 480 for 250€ but that doesnt seems like a good deal

Nothing. It's a great card that's selling really well, and I'm delighted that this upsets you. :^)

if you are even considering buying a rx480 the 4gb is the only option you should be looking at.

high expectations for a card literally half the price of the "competition" and only using 6 power pins because AMD was fucking retarded

Working fine but unable to be used for the needs of today. My 4 year old 560ti still works perfectly too, but it can't play Dark Souls 3 above 30 fps at the lowest settings at 720p and it can't play Witcher 3 or any other demanding game now. It's not a useful gpu anymore even though it works fine.

RX 480
prices are lowest on OverclockersUK iirc

>Cant afford a ~300-400 gpu every 2 year
>Let alone 200-400 for a good processor thatll do anything you need for 5 years
how does it feel to live on foodstamps, AMDrones?

Memes aside, as someone who was actually going to buy one, the 6 pin shit broke me.

Or a cheap GTX 1060, which will outperform it
...lol

Not low enough Senpai. I want DAT $199 RX 480. I'll buy it instantly.

That makes 4 years 11 months. Not bad.

>Non reference cards are still not available for anything but pre-order
>1060 carss available which are equal in price/ cheaper than the non-ref 480

AMD dun fucked up

tfw thinking about getting the cute mini EVGA 1060.

b-but muh vram!

really i just want the best price/performance card under 300€

this

you do realise the only difference between 6pin and 8pin is 2 ground cables ?

move to America

we actually include taxes in our prices in Euroland

cancelling my 480 pre-order and getting a 1060 mini

There's an ITX build thread here:

Any reviews on the mini's? I can't seem to find any and they're quite cheap in the UK.

I wanna buy a 480, but how necessary is to buy the 8gb model if i'm planning an upgrade on 4 years? I'm going to play on 1080p and I'll do anything to get to the 60fps. I'm on a 5850, so the upgrade is gonna be huge for me.

>muh vr & 4k performance
>muh driver improvements
>muh 8GB vram
>muh space heater

Cheap?
wut?

£240 in comparison to the others.

So it's either that driverless, inefficient poorfag card or the 1060 poorfag card that'll be shit in 3 years time...

Good job, /g. Good job

$249
$259 for the OC one

pretty cheap

These threads are entertaining, every time.

>AMD lies about the performance of their card
>OH MY GOD ITS THE SECOND COMING
>It comes out and everyone discusses it based on its merits
>NVIDIOTS AND KEKS ALL OF YOU

Never stop being amazing Sup Forums

750 Ti is Maxwell, that's why.

please help

Why is the 750 Ti such a popular meme card? I hear of it every day.

I got one and nope you can't.

Supply.
480s sold out instantly. AMD still can't keep up with demand. Nothing went wrong as it's selling like hotcakes but that doesn't mean you can order one and get it right away which detracts buyers and pushes sales over to the 1060.
With the shit supply the custom cards are delayed to hell too. The coveted Sapphire Nitro is God knows where.

If AMD actually kept up with supply the 1060 would be selling a lot slower, their stock and profits would be higher, and Nvidia shills would be even more upset.

I hope AMD is mass fabbing Zen as we speak so when it is released we don't have this shit all over again - because you know the moment it comes out and supply dries up Intel is going to take their comparable processor and cut the price to about $50 more than zen to soak up consumer sales.

Doesn't OC at all.

Runs hot.

Insane hype.

It's efficient as fuck.

amd cards only seemingly defeat their rivals because of cpu driver overhead. with each generation of new cpu and new games being benched, minor improvements are seen on nvidia while larged improvements are seen on amd thus surpassing their rival and the amd ages like wine meme was born.

>b-but muh async! muh DX12! muh vulkan!

>don't like muh card
>shills
fuck off

Now, now. You cannot expect AMDrones to be sensible. Anyone who doesn't agree with them and doesn't toot AMD's horn is an Nvidiot shill.

>Now that the dust has settled

nothing

>not practising what you profess

Isn't the Zotac mini smaller?

It's cheap, runs at a piddling 60w so even the shittiest PSU can support it, and is still capable of playing almost anything at 1080p 60 fps low/medium detail.

Here is a problem. It's selling to the wrong people. The 480 is selling like hotcakes to coin miners. Which means gamers are shit out of luck or have to buy nvidia. Guess what, nvidia is gonna show up in stats having 80% GPU market share and everyone will try to optimize for nvidia while not bothering with AMD.

>The 480 is selling like hotcakes to coin miners.
>coin miners
what fucking year do you think this is

2016. They are literally still at it.

I got a 4890 and it plays armored warfare , wot , warthunder and the occasional mmo just fine in 1080p. Sure you have to go with low settings but it can still run them. Haven't had time to install gta v though and fallout 4 doesn't run on dx10 cards so no luck there.

No they arent, coin mining with gpus died after the bitcoin crash

You wish.

No one is bitcoin mining with gpus, stop being a retard

I am not talking about bitcoins, fucktard. There is like a billion different coins and some of them are specifically only mineable on GPUs.

no one is mining anything with gpus retard stop memeing now

Yea, too bad you're wrong.

So what Pascal is 14nm

Pascal is 16nm

Yea, too bad you're retarded.

>What went wrong
You can find none of these on fucking sale more than a month after launch.

Absolutely nothing. It's amazing for $200 just as the 1060 is amazing for $250. I believe the former will age better, but they're fine choices. Now fuck off back to .

Yea okay, I'm sure denial will make you able to buy one.

my hd7570 fails right at 2 years when the warranty ran out.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its 16nm you ding dong

>MOAR cores!
>i7 annihilates the FX 8350 on 4 cores

>MOAR vram!
>GTX 970 annihilates the rx480 on 3.5gb vram

>MOAR clockspeed!
>AMD cards end up being housefires because AMD has to bin the shit out of them to match Nvidia

>i7 annihilates the FX 8350 on 4 cores
the 8350 is a quad core retard

>GTX 970 annihilates the rx480
what ever you say buddy

>MOAR clockspeed!
AMD cards are lower clockspeed than nvidia cards since maxwell

0/10 try harder next time

>the 8350 is a quad core
user, it might fake them, but it is an 8 core CPU.

>the 8350 is a quad core retard
Sure it is friend, not like AMD's moar cores plan isnt what almost put them out of business so I'm sure it just didnt happen.

>What ever you say my buddy
It took AMD 2 years to catch up to Nvidia with the RX480. It's basically their (shittier) version of a 970, which is the most popular pc gaming card right now.

Also, there are more games than Ashes of Singularity and Nvidia wipes out AMD in all of them.

>AMD cards are lower clockspeed than Nvidia since maxwell
Doesn't mean they don't bin them just to get up to par with Nvidia. Just look at what happened with the Fury X.

Actually, the 8350 has 8 physical cores.

>moar cores
>b-but AotS doesnt count
Can you not spew memes every 5 words?

>8350 is 8 core
why is it that nvidiots believe every marketing catchphrase possible, its 4 cores you stupid niggers

There's a difference between running a game and playing it.

call of duty and doom perform much better on amd hardware with vulkan and that other api I don't know because I'm a regular person who just uses directX. I wonder if nvidia's next architecture will be able to do asynchronous compute as well as amd can, as many more games will be using directX 12 in two years or so. I also wonder how vega will do against the inevitable 1080ti

It has 4 modules, 8 cores.

products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-8-Core-Black-Edition/FX-8350-with-Wraith-cooler/141

How many cores does it say, 8? That's right, it has 8 cores, dumbass.

>its x because y says it is
Is the 970 also 4gb?

Yes, the the 970 has 4GB of memory in 8 512MB chips on 8 memory channels across 4 memory controllers controllers. One of which has half of its L2 cache disabled.

What's it like being only able to speak in memes without even basic understanding of technology?

8350 is an 8 core CPU.

>Yes, the the 970 has 4GB
Opinion disregarded
the 970 has 3.5 and the FX 8350 is a quad core