What is a good video editing software for basic editing?

What is a good video editing software for basic editing?

Blender or Davinchi, but Davinchi needs like 8gb of ram if you want to run it.

ffmpeg

kdenlive

What the fuck is that thing?

Something illegal

And don't forget Photoshop either. Fucking disgusting.

Why does this turn me on?

Ffmpeg

Sony Vegas

>ffmpeg

seems like a converter to me

>kdenlive

Linux only? im not a nerd

>Blender

modeling software?

>Davinchi

I can only find pics of some crazy old guy

Since you didn't define "basic." I'll say Windows Movie Maker for Windows. iMovie for OSX. Openshot for Linux.
Openshot is simple to learn, but buggy as shit for anything beyond basic trimming and pasting together.

hueheuehuehuehue

ffmpeg

Define "basic".
I use avidemux and ffmpeg to crop bits out of videos to make webms that I post here.

There's a program called Openshot in the app manager, I haven't tried it yet. Should I give it a go?

if you can install it, then sure

paintbrush

Since we're here,
What's a good video editing software where I wont have to re-encode the clip? I just need to cut the end off of it

checking those quad dubs

where time is the length of the clip in seconds, without the part at the end

ffmpeg -i 'video.file' -codec copy -t time 'trimmed_video.file'

see Openshot is ok if you're just doing simple edits, but don't need to be critical about precision. ie, you're setting it to music and want to cut on a beat ... precise cuts come by way of opening the clip properties and telling it to end at the #.## second mark. Then praying it remembers that when you make some other change like moving it around the timeline.

Recently I was trying to make a fucksimple video ... take a 20 second clip from a minute long video. Display some text at the start, then fade out at the end. I don't know how I managed to edit some larger projects with Openshot in the past, but this time around I wrestled with it for a half hour and it kept fucking up. The title editor kept doing doing something wrong; I wound up making an image in GIMP, then crossfading from that into the video. And it never completed the fadeout when I did the final render.

Is this cp?

>I can only find pics of some crazy old guy
Kek

Search for DaVinci Resolve, you'll find it.
But just as the other guy said, it's a little too big for what you want, and a little overkill too.

Blender is primarily a modeling program, but from what I understand, has a pretty competent video editor built in.

Honest to God truth, iMovie is the best beginning video editor. I know you don't believe me, but I tried them all.

The next step is Premier Pro which is amazing.

Open source and linux video editing sucks ass, sorry to say.

he's a boy.

Does boys not count, sorry I'm not a pedo :/

no because male nipples aren't sexy.

You've spent too long here, user.
Why don't you have a seat?

Wanna bet

Lightworks is a step above iMovie, and you can add as many tracks as you like and it has much better control over what you're trying to do.
It was really easy for me to get into it and make some sweet vids.

Nuke studio

kdenlive is trash brah. crashes all the time and missing basic features in the UI.

blender.

but if you want a little beyond basic, stick with premiere. there's literally nothing else out there.

head looks too young for that body