Tribler

This is the future of torrenting:

tribler.org

github.com/Tribler/tribler

>Work on Tribler has been supported by multiple Internet research European grants. In total we received 3,538,609 Euro in funding for our open source self-organising systems research.
>we received 3,538,609 Euro
>3,538,609 Euro
>for something that is already on page 4

bumpinup

Aaand?

it was muslims

Wat

It's old, dogshit, insecure, botnet, etc.

>open source self-organising systems research

This has many other applications than P2P file sharing so government funding doesn't make it a honeypot.

BUMP Bumping

Imply pubic trackers are better

Don't even think you can say we should all enjoy your privates

Home Internet connections are fast enough to torrent through tor so shit like this is irrelevant.

Prove me wrong.

No really, torrent through tor. Try it. It works fine.

a.) that's wrong, especially the more people do it. Tor is like a busy urban freeway - it's never that far from a really huge traffic jam if there's a surge of traffic, it's just not wide enough to accommodate anything you throw at it.
b.) even if that weren't the case, it's still a bad idea, because torrenting announces your real clearnet IP. That's how the protocol works.

The logo looks like pedophilia

>torrenting through tor
Tor is not a big truck that you can just dump something on, it's a series of tubes

lmao now I can't unsee that

It reminded me of japanese, so basically the same I guess

>b.) even if that weren't the case, it's still a bad idea, because torrenting announces your real clearnet IP. That's how the protocol works.
Could someone explain why a VPN conceals your real IP when torrenting but Tor doesn't?

sounds like your own baggage m8 :^)

>torrenting announces your real clearnet IP. That's how the protocol works

Ok I got a question. If you've locked down your computer so that only tor connections will be possible, won't your real IP be obscured? Or will tor just not work at all?

>Tribler does not protect you against spooks and government agencies.
So it's fucking useless then

>That's how the protocol works.
No actually it doesn't.
>clearnet
Fucking retard.

A VPN creates an encrypted tunnel between your machine and the VPN server. To an outside observer, they're talking to the server. They don't know that the server is relaying messages to and from someone else to determine what it says. Crucially, the VPN client on your machine sets up your network so that as far as all your applications are concerned, you're located at the VPN server's IP. When your bittorrent client tells the tracker "I'm 1.2.3.4 and I have such-and-such a torrent", the bittorrent client thinks you're at the VPN server's address.

The torrent client sends out a message to the tracker and the swarm saying "this is my IP, connect to me for this file" is the problem. Even if you successfully tunnel everything through Tor (just setting a proxy server in your torrent client may not do this...), you're still broadcasting "This is where I am!". That you broadcast it through an encrypted and anonymized channel doesn't help if the message says where you're located.

>>Fucking retard.
says the tripfag

It doesn't protect you against enemies with NSA-like capabilities. Neither does casual Tor use.

Sounds interesting. Upvote.