How do I disable the keylogger? It's supposedly disabled in the settings but I know that it's really not...

How do I disable the keylogger? It's supposedly disabled in the settings but I know that it's really not. I've also got Spybot Anti-Beacon running blocking everything.

Windows apparently will also communicate with vortex-win.data.microsoft.com and settings-win.data.microsoft.com, which are 64.4.54.254 and 64.4.54.253, respectively. I've blocked those IPs with Windows Firewall, but they may have coded it so that outbound rules to those IP addresses are canceled. Those IP addresses are semi-confirmed with a handful of IP tracker websites that show that they're owned by the Microsoft Corporation in bumfuck nowhere, Wyoming.

What else can I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking
techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_features_new_to_Windows_Vista
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_I/O_technologies
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

give in

No.

Build a tinfoil hat

Do you know how much tinfoil I would need to cover my entire PC?

I'm not made of money, nor tinfoil.

You can only use nor when it is preceeded by neither, otherwise use or

>but I know that it's really not.

How do you know that?

Why on earth are you using windows 10 for anything that you'd be concerned about key logging for?

>How do I disable the keylogger?

if you need to ask this question for the OS you installed, you're probably fucking retarded

muh passwords

yeah, unretard me please

>How do you know that?

Answer the question.

Simple, use Spybot Anti-Beacon and immunize/block everything. Then install peerblock and download the Microsoft Lists.

Can I do this on Anniversary?

Depends on which branch you have, Home, Pro, Enterprise?

>Spybot Anti-Beacon

This gets shilled a lot here. I don't know if I can trust it.

Pro 64 bit

Should I just wait until this shit gets updated for Anniversary to be safe?

i prefer ShutUp.

Works fine on my anniversary edition.

Spybot Search and Destroy has been around since 2000. Their Anti-Beacon program is unique in that it directly targets the operating system, instead of downloaded spyware and malware.

>Spybot Search and Destroy has been around since 2000.

So what? Large companies that have been around a long time can't be morally dubious? Why are we having this thread in the first place, do you think?

k

I just did Shutup10 and Spybot Anti-Beacon and I'm good.

Specs
Anniversary 64-bit update
i7 6700K
Nvidia 1080GTX Superclocked
240GB SSD

>Pro
it doesn't matter, you can only turn off Telemetry in Enterprise/Server editions. Bing search "microsoft removes windows 10 policies"

If you block all MS servers though it doesn't matter. Telemetry can't phone home.

>I'm good.
No. You're not.

That's the thing these programs only block KNOWN servers, with this new update there's no knowing what new implementations and ways to call home has been done. Personally I'm waiting for Blackbird to get updated, check it out some time.

use a different OS and dual boot windows for your games or whatever

Any server that is contacted by Windows is immediately known. You can't send data to an unknown location.

You're so wrong I feel sorry for you and your data.

>installing an OS that spies on you

just install win7 and turn off updates

Should only be worried if you have something to hide.

>and I'm good.

Your stupidity is colossal! Please leave this place and start educating yourself on basic networking!

HAHAHAHAHA you fucking cuck.

Just install spybot anti-beacon and install only critical updates. Also net is full of scripts that remove and hide any offending updates.

I'm qualified in CompTIA Cert I & Cert II in Networking actually so come at me kid.

>tfw tried to boot into bios so I could try Lubuntu from a live usb
>can't get into bios for some reason
>no option from the advanced start shit

wut

You acutally think installing linux will stop spying?

Nope but my hardware firewall with custom rules and blacklists can.

HAHAHAHAHA you fucking cuck

>Supercucked

OK, explain how a packet can be sent without knowing the IP address.

You install Gentoo.

How about: Don't use Windows 10. Have you ever thought of that?

Why are you even using an operating system with known keylogging abilities? And why are you even updating Windows at all? It's not like you can see the change logs of so called security updates, so, why even bother? All games still work fine on Windows 7 btw.

I was talking about 7

This works pretty well for me and it's open source.

github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking

The same can be said about Windows 7. After a clean install, turn off auto updates, install some games and boot it when you want to play something.

No, no. I meant it's safe to install priority updates on 7. No spyware crap that gets installed doesn't send anything unless join that CEIP-thing. Services and scheduled tasks are there and most of them are off and the ones that do anything state that they do collect info but don't do anything unless you agree to it.

>installing 3rd party software and trusting it to block anything, without spying on you
>every windows update resets these anyway

>No spyware crap that gets installed doesn't send anything unless join that CEIP-thing
Fuck me. Caffeine high and out of eyedrops. You get the gist

>do collect info but don't do anything unless you agree to it.
Don't SEND anything.

> Caffeine high

Retard.

Are these your ''priority'' security updates?
techne.alaya.net/?p=12499

Well, yeah. Just block those.

Why even bother installing any updates at all if it is known that they're literal malware?

I'm out

Wintards never cease to amaze me.

Good riddance. Keep trusting Microsoft.

>Any server that is contacted by Windows is immediately known. You can't send data to an unknown location.
I'm pretty sure that the problem he's referring to is that the makers of that software doesn't necessarily know the IPs that Windows is phoning home to after the update, which assumes that the list is hardcoded...not that there's no known recipient address to anyone/anything involved.

CompTIA Networking I & II are literal shit!

>Any server that is contacted by Windows is immediately known.
>You can't send data to an unknown location.
>You're so wrong I feel sorry for you and your data.
Could you elaborate how the fuck could the previous user be wrong?
Please, do enlighten us!

>I want to spend my life slowly growing a whitelist instead of using my computer because I'm too retarded to use an OS that isn't going behind my back in the first place.
Neo/g/ is worst Sup Forums

When will this awful summer end

chances are you're running windows later than 8 and secure boot is enabled.

My little user can't possibly be this dumb.

Use peerblock it updates the list every day. I set it up once and I'll never have to do it again on this drive.

Again
>Using an OS you have to fight against if you don't want to be spied on.

So five minutes of effort is worse than the hours I'd spend fighting software/shit driver support?

>Still living in 2002

You're wrong. It just follows a negative, which is how he used it with "not."

You don't have to use Gentoo. Try Antergos or Ubuntu and then form your opinion.

hello fa/g/gots, I just received a second hand rig for use as a media centre. unfortunately, win10 is pre installed, so my question is, what OS would you choose from here?

Where are the vidya games? Where are the SpeedTree/Adobe suites? Where is the music production software? The Nvidia/AMD drivers that don't suck shit?

And don't say wine because I'll reach through my monitor and smack the shit out of you.

For a media center? Install Ubuntu server and Plex.

I have used Ubuntu/Mint and I do too much that can't be done through Linux natively.

>Drivers
Maybe that was a problem in 1999. It's 2016. Get a new meme.
>Games
Get off Sup Forums

Protip: You can't

>Implying that five minutes of effort will do anything in order to stop the OS that was designed to spy on it's users

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

OK then. Just choose the best of both worlds. Use Linux for everything rather then video editing, audio production and gaming.

Linux has 25% of windows' library. 41% of the top 1000 steam games support Linux. 25% is already more than both current gen consoles combined. And that's just since 2012. Before that Linux didn't have a steam client, just super tux kart.

Also obligatory

>use dark theme
>explorer is still white

Why you do this MS?

Thats sone quality thread contribution kiddo

I am not simply disabling Cortana. I am blocking every single connection going out to unrecognized servers.

Why? What benefit do I get out of that? That just leaves web browsing and Edge is currently benchmarking better than every browser on the market. I switched over from Pale Moon and I love it.

None of the games I play. Trust me, I really like Linux and I'll jump ship when things get better but I'm not going to artificially make things more difficult for myself when it fits none of my needs.

It's sad isn't it. Fucking sheep mentality having to use the latest version, they give in their freedom and privacy for it.

Install gentoo

>not using the objectively best version of Windows
It performs better. has more features and aesthetically looks way better than W7/8

It astounds me how people will buy new hardware to get better performance but skimp out on the software driving it all.

Take 10 minutes, remove the telemetry shit, call it a fucking day.

>None of the games I play
For me there's only one game I can't play in Linux. I'm okay giving that up and not buying windows games if it boosts Linux. Linux is caught in a catch 22 situation, somebody has to go first. Fortunately it seems like it's working. Linux desktop usage is climbing for the first time I can remember.

this

>Objectively better
>Nothing to back it up but one graph for one game.

when linux gets support for Warcraft 3 + w3arena and Netease clients give me a call and I'll head right on over

The biggest change since xp was vista/7, there are pages of core improvements on wikipedia for it, eg:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_features_new_to_Windows_Vista

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_I/O_technologies

Where are the massive changes documented for 10 I wonder?

I'm not going to link a thousand benchmarks. If you really care, look it up. Tons of optimizations and SSD performance is insane.

Wow, such acts of desperation. You didn't even answer the question, you colossal idiot...

N O
O

Windows 10

The Blue Pill

What the flying fuck are you dipnodes worried about?!

You seriously think M$ is gonna get your data, and send the Gestapo to your house for arrest?

If anyone got arrested for info M$ received via its telemetry, that would be the absolute end of M$, since EVERYONE would immediately abandon their OS.

This
Fucjing useless idiots those macrsoblows morons are

>If anyone got arrested for info M$ received via its telemetry, that would be the absolute end of M$
Unfortunately no, user. It's been revealed that Microsoft has agreed to collect data for the PRISM program. Most of M$ data is sent to government facilities. There, it doesn't matter if it came from Microshit or Applel or Wahoo or whatever...

If they want to get you, they will, no doubt about it.

And they won't get you in the traditional way, but they'll perform an XXI Century Character Assassination and fuck your public image completely. Your friends and family will not want to be near you.

Do you really think you can disable telemetry? Let's see what Microsoft says about that:
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

>I've blocked those IPs with Windows Firewall
nigger what the fuck are you doing? Do you really think you can disable the botnet using Windows' own tools?
Are you really that delusional?
I always knew that the Windows 10 folk were some special kind of fucktards but this is just too much.

>Let's see what Microsoft says about that
This is merely for the casual users. You won't be able to turn it off using the Windows-given settings panel. That way you cannot turn it off.

Otherwise, there is a way of monitoring the machine using 3rd party tools and block off the addresses on your machine or on a local router.
That, along with the Group Policy Options and Registry modifications, one can cut off the telemetry.

If doubtful, stop shitposting and start checking yourself