Best E-Mail Service?

What's the Sup Forums-recommended email provider?

Other urls found in this thread:

gmail.googleblog.com/2013/12/images-now-showing.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_email_clients
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/encrypt-for-outside-users/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your own.

Gmail

the one you don't use

Cockli

I use Outlook, also still have active hotmail accounts.

Protonmail

>Auto-loads tracking images.

>[email protected] is taken
>i have to go with [email protected]

>He broadcasts all his emails to the NSA

i honestly don't see what they would get from that

the shit i buy on amazon? those fags probably already tell them

>Protonmail
Looks promising
>auto-loads tracking images
?
Please explain

Protonmail is proxied through internet binat, an israeli ixp that also provides services to the mossad.

get a raspberry and set up your own, or move to a communications method from this century.

Lots of services use images hosted on their servers in their emails. If the images are loaded automatically, they can see you opened the email when you request the images from their server. Some even take action based on this. I went to a clinic once that used tracking images in their emails, and eventually started sending emails with stuff like "why aren't you opening our emails". I used Thunderbird at the time which by default blocks images. But when I was away from home and loaded it up in Gmail I was shocked to see that Gmail loaded those images right up and I immediately started getting doubled down on by the clinic when they saw I had opened one.

cock.li or your own server

sdf.org
Is what i use though i have to pay something like 38 dollars a lifetime and 38 a year annual

I'll cock your il you dumb fucking tripfag now fuck off and fuck my dildo running gentoo.

muh own server fags

Enjoy getting your email marked as spam by all major email providers.

hushmail
safe-mail.net
ghostmail

My University's.

Google loads them through their proxy dumbfuck
gmail.googleblog.com/2013/12/images-now-showing.html

NSA knows you buy dragon dildos.

Google is good but you can no longer register without phone number. So next on the list is icloud. Of course it should be used with gpg.
Gud as trash mailbox
You cant use gpg with protonmail and tutanota and their shitty javascript encryption cant be trusted.

You tard. That just prevents them from getting your IP. They still see that you loaded the file furdvkot58hkv.png that they sent to you and only you. Other people get other randomly named pictures.

Gmail or Fastmail. All the other responses seem to take it as granted that you'll use the web interface. Don't.

What should I use instead of the default interace?

That Mozilla bird thing? I don't like Firefox so I have my doubts about that one

Thunderbird, Nylas N1, Mutt, whatever you want to use.

Are there other options? I have no experience with email clients that aren't the web interface

I don't trust Mozilla to be competent, the Nylas website says "free trial" and loads real slow and Mutt looks like it's from the 80s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_email_clients
Have fun.

Besides Nylas is Open Source, you won't have to end up paying for it. At least I don't think so.

Mutt, Gnus, Alpine

tutanota

What happens when the trial ends then?

protonmail

cock.li

Autistici

Top Tier
>Your Own
>Protonmail

Mid Tier
>cock.li
>Zoho
>Yandex

Botnet Tier
>Gmail

startmail.com

On-prem exchange w/ DKIM, TLS and RM just for shits and giggles...

This one is the closest thing to an answer. If you're too stupid to google "how 2 make email server?" then you're too stupid to have mild privacy.

If you're not fucking retarded though, you won't be using something as fundamentally flawed as email.

I like having a funny domain that uses some obscure TLD sometimes, but it really isn't worth it.

I'm interested in Protonmail, but can't find any tech related details on their website. How does a non-protonmail user get the email unencrypted?

Citation needed.

I'm not an expert but I just searched 'How does a non-protonmail user get the email unencrypted?' and found this.
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/encrypt-for-outside-users/
It probably answers your question.

If you're sending it to an outside user it's not end to end encrypted. The traffic is encrypted ofc but it'll sit unencrypted on the other side. Only if both users use protonmail will it be absolutely 100% end to end encrypted.

Citation needed.

Posteo is pretty good.

>Google is good but you can no longer register without phone number. So next on the list is icloud. Of course it should be used with gpg.
Apple fags once again showing how retarded they are. Google allows you to connect your phone, but doesn't mandate it. It also allows you to connect a past email in the same way.

I just use Google, but with my own domain.
Integrates well with my Android agenda.

yandex

I think yahoo is actually the only provider that requires a phone #

Soon it will require a Verizon phone number.

Any love for mail.ru?
I use Yandex. It marks everything in my (non-commie) language as spam and it is ugly.

Sooo office 365?

Experience needed. Not him btw

test

Nope, it's all onsite. I used to use O365, but got tired of paying for it, when I already have the software, hardware, and connection at home.

Nice

So this is what they mean when they say "Ignorance is bliss"

Good to know.

All dildos sold in the USA are lowjacked.

How is it not "worth" it? It's free

Time is more valuable than money to most people.

That technique is older than coal. Most of the time they don't even bother making the (apparent) filename your unique ID; putting it in a query string appended to img src (eg. logo.jpg?id=a19d83ef4) works just as well.

I run a small private school so I get Gmail education service for free. It's basic Gmail with your domain in it. It works just out of the box, don't need to mess with any funny stuff on the MC records.

I used Yandex before. It's pretty cool and free for everyone but somewhat slow. I'm not in Russia so maybe that's why. It took a while to upload attachments.

I meant MX records.

For example on Yandex and zoho you have to add a txt record in order to not be flagged as spam. Microsoft will still flag anything from zoho as spam though

It's really not

ProtonMail

This