4K TV looking like shit?

I just upgraded my TV from an old 1080p Samsung to a new 4K Sony Bravia, and it's doing my head in!

I have a HTPC hooked up to it via HDMI, and I do not use the 'TV Features' at all.

My PC's resolution is set to 4K, and the TV is displaying 4K...

However, THE RESOLUTION LOOKS AWFUL. It's like the TV is down-scaling it from 4K to 1080p, then up-scaling from 1080p to 4K.

Text is full of artifacts and not smooth at all, and everything else follows suit.

I took a screenshot on the HTPC, and viewed it on my other PC's monitor, and it looks crystal clear.

The TVs menu's all display in crystal clear 4K as well, so it's not a defective unit or anything.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help. I've googled for hours and have no idea what's wrong, or what to do.

Pic unrelated, but the right half shows how bad shit looks.

>My PC's resolution is set to 4K, and the TV is displaying 4K...
Are you sure your ``PC'' is capable of producing that resolution without ``scanning & panning''?

Probably the TV doing post processing to your HDMI signal.

It's a high end PC build for VR. If this PC can't handle it, no PC can.

Any way to disable this?

Do you have any actual 4k content available?

use a different hdmi cable, or preferably different cable type
check display settings of TV and display settings of GPU

>he fell for the 4k meme

I've tried 2 different HDMI cables and a DVI to HDMI cable.

All have the same issue.

AMD or nVidia? You have to do some tweaking to get the right image settings. I have a Vizio P and I had to tweak a few things to get it to look right.

What tv model? Im working in sony, tv dept. Software evaluation. Try changing to hdmi2

>fell for the 4k meme
ayy lmao want to buy this snake oil kid?

are you aware about hdmi versions? older types can't handle 4k at 60fps, so they either limit fps or resolution, or go interlaced.

RTFM, it probably has something about it. Also, remember that television sets' firmware is inferior to that of proper PC-tier monitors, it likes to do stupid shit like this without warnings and sometimes without a way to disable that.

only dual link dvi handles 4k
inb4 you have 1.3 hdmi cable or gpu and single link adapter cable

ALL FIXED.

The TV was set to 'Standard' picture mode, which apparently has over the top Sharpness.

I know Sony TV's do upscaling so check your TV settings to see if you can disable it.

Ayyy.

Also, don't play games in anything but game mode.

not all HDMI versions support 4K, depends on your GPU's ports and the cable.

Yeah, I have mates over to play Street Fighter a fair bit. I'll be sure to do this.

I got a Vizio P65-C1, while 4k does look really good I have to turn settings down to get a locked 60.

The great thing about the Vizio P65-C1 is it supports 1080p@120. That's the mode I game on the most. With my GTX 1080 I can hit 120 on most games with ultra settings. 120 looks so much more smooth next to 60.

Check if it has gaymen mode.
That will turn off all the post processing.
If nor turn it off manually.
Reduce sharpening filter to minimum.
Reduce contrast. Do not use dynamic whatever.

Congrats, you bought a cheap shit 4K tv and without 4:4:4 chroma.

Congrats, you shitposted. If you had even done a quick skim of the thread before replying, you'd have seen that OP fixed his problem already.