/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/leather-nato-straps/products/pvd-premium-leather-nato-strap-smooth-black-18mm-20mm-22mm
lmgtfy.com/?q="seiko" "56xx" "quickset"
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this known to happen often, or is it just a few cases?
I do love the look of the KS, but I'd much rather pay more for a watch with a movement that won't just kill itself sometime or another.

Tell me, /wt/, why are most watch designs eye-torture? What more do you need than a black dial, small, white numbers, small arms, second-arm, and a date counter? I don't get flashy watches. They look goofy and gaudy.

I also don't get watch snobbery. My $40 takes time pretty much exactly as well as your snoody hoity-toity mememaster or whatever. This is a weird waste of money. Watch makers don't have to put that much more effort into it than what's standard, because standard is completely fine. At least with cars there's a big difference in performance. Same with houses or boats or computers. A watch just tells time, and not much better even if you pay ten thousand times what a normal watch would cost.

In short, watch threads are dumb, and so are watch enthusiasts.

Only watch bros will recognize and be impressed by a Nomos. Watch bros also happen to be the only ones that recognize fakes.
Getting a fake Nomos is retarded.

Just get a Rodina ST17.
Nomos watches aren't even interesting to look at.

Your 40 dollar watch represents exactly what you are. Low class with no understanding of the world around you. Put on a trip like the op so I can filter you

>Tell me, /wt/, why are most watch designs eye-torture? What more do you need than a black dial, small, white numbers, small arms, second-arm, and a date counter? I don't get flashy watches. They look goofy and gaudy.
I agree much though I would prefer more improved readability:
- white dial, slightly lumed
- no numbers on dial, just hour markers and a larger for 12 o'clock. Well lumed
- hands with good contrast and tritium.
- windows for year-MM-DD
- window for day. I would also like week number but only a few watches have these.
- windows should be lit by tritium. Changeover at midnight means lume is useless after midnight.
- no flash or bling.

Just got my accutron, the strap is ahotty and I want to buy a new one, how well do nato straps fit with small vintage watches like this one? Also what color should I get to make it a bit less formal. Strap I want to get: cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/leather-nato-straps/products/pvd-premium-leather-nato-strap-smooth-black-18mm-20mm-22mm

Tell me, shitposter, why are you a pleb?

Nice. This is the one NATO I have for my accutron. I usually wear it on either my leather band or my corduroy band. The gold cased one would look nice with a dark leather band. I think this may look nice:

www.ebay.com/itm/351630883659

I have not seen many NATOs with goldtone hardware though.

Also, here is the ostrich strap on another watch of mine.

lmgtfy.com/?q="seiko" "56xx" "quickset"

These are the best watches. You look like a million bucks if you wear one. It's a real head turner

lose those watches look cheap as hell
this one looks waaaay better

>Just get a Rodina ST17.
Tisell is a better option.

>wearing watch in 2016

kek

>being 12 years old in 2016

>using an electronic pocket watch any year
>not being able to look at your wrist for the time

Do you also have wrist TV? Wrist phone? Wrist spoon?

And now it is obvious that you are baiting.

I have a wrist bait, I can't help it.

perlon
e
r
l
o
n

Yeah, I have a wrist TV, why you ask?
Can't stay 10 minutes without my tits.

it's done, i pulled the trigger on this citizen eco-drive all black

very happy

177 EU

i did good , right ?

Enjoy your 20mm thick 50mm diameter watch to fit all that pointless shit in there

sauce on the model name, or actual link? i dig it

new wrist novel arrived yesterday. exceptional quality for $3K.

I thought they came with custom endlinks for the strap

It does. I just have it on an Isofrane.

the name is on the first pic

>black on black
What's the point? Just don't fucking waste material on indices you can't even see in a high res pic.

Man, I like it but they really should drop the middle three lines at 6.
Just have "Tudor Genève" (and even then I'd rather not have "Genève"), and "Pelagos" and the depth rating.

>his chronometer isn't superlative
laughingrolexes.jpg

Should have gotten the non-novel version bro.

Picking up the new watchbox tomorrow. And the Green LM special is still up for grabs.

Royaly fucked up.

pfft. get your eyes checked jerk-face.

I'd rather have the new movement and abide the added dial text than the other way around.

Dark as my soul: the watch

>What's the point?
fashion, i'm a NEET who don't care what time is it unlike you busy wagecucks :D

wagecucks on suicide WATCHE

>fashion
If you think that looks good you won't be able to tell good design if it were in front of your face.

Will I get better accuracy with the 6R15 movement?

Agreed. Pic related is the pinnacle of watch making.

>second hand
disgusting

Should have gotten the blue version.

Here's mine.

Nice, seems even better than the 7S26.

I'm eyeing the SARX033 but it's a bit pricey. I can get a Hamilton in the same price range.

Noday.Patek can suck it.

>I can get a Hamilton in the same price range.
And it would be better because?

What was that russian memewatch called?

Urgh, I really hate that deca-second marking in the chapter ring, really ruins the whole aesthetic of the dial.

why's it look so cheap

It's literally the poor man's Rolex.

This. Seiko SARB/SARX would be aesthetically perfect if it weren't for that fucking chapter ring.
That watch still look gorgeous, though. Love the case shape.

Exactly. I don't know why /wt/ has such a hard-on for the Pelagos considering that the MM300 is 50% cheaper and generally the better watch all around, in terms of finish and movement quality.

It looks like garbage, for one.

Nice meme. Pretty sure it's unregulated mate.

but the heritage looks good

now that really looks cheap

already have blue Planet Ocean in Ti. Wanted black diver. Blue Pelagos didn't look as good to me in person; looked a bit cheap.

I had a MM. Sold it. Love Seiko, but the MM Bezel scratches, movement isn't regulated, hardlex scratches easier than sapphire (scratched mine while snorkeling). I happily paid more for the superior dive watches.

>day complication on a dress watch
>date complication for that matter
>literally any complication other than a complete calender(anything from triple date to perpetual), moon phase, or tourbillon in a dress watch

tasteless

Seiko shills never cease to amuse me.

Swiss cred.

First who cares, second Hamilton wasn't even Swiss, it was American.

>was

buying a modern hamilton because it is American is foolish
buying a modern hamilton because it is swiss is equally foolish.

they are fine though, buying one because you like them and want a cheap ETA powered watch is fine.

Weak baits never cease to bore me.

>worn
Do you 2 actually wear your watches 24 hrs. a day? If not, why not log every position change to get an idea of positional differences?
Also, just curious, how often do you manually wind your watch (or shake vigorously in case of the 7s), if ever?

>they are fine though, buying one because you like them and want a cheap ETA powered watch is fine.
Never said the opposite, the guy just made it sound like Hamilton was some top horology brand compared to Seiko.
What post are you referring to, the Marine Master one? That looks like bait.
I only wear my watch when I don't work, doesn't matter whether I'm at home or out. At night I leave it in the box dial up. I leave it like that because my watch is losing time and that position is supposed to make the watch gain some.

Nice try memester

I tried to point out that he was wrong with that assertion, the one about buying hamilton because they were swiss

Hamilton used to be american decades ago. Now however they're just a swatch brand using ETA movements.

Make Hamilton great again.

Secede from swatch

Seikos must wind up really easily on your wrist then (or you do very vigorous... wrist work when you wear yours). My ETAs are all within 1 or 2 sec/day after full handwinding, but falls to ~3-5 sec after. I also need to keep them on the wonder for ~12 hrs a day when not wearing them (at around double the recommended TPD hence only 12 hrs), which keeps them wound at about 1/2 full wind only (since they usually stop after 20 hrs or so if I take them off and leave it).
The funny thing is that my 5246 King Seiko does not stay wound at all when on a winder at any setting, so I must wear or handwind it to keep it from stopping. Must be a quirk with Seikos' winding mechanism.
If resting, my ETA 7750s will gain slightly while crown up, and my 2824 and 2983 lose the least when dial up.

Will Trump buy back all of "our" brands back from the mountain Jews and Japs (and make Australia pay for it)?

Don't forget the Chinese, they have Armitron.

But considering how dogshit trump watches are -- no I don't think he's understated

>understated
Interested.

Or understated, but that's unrelated.

>If resting, my ETA 7750s will gain slightly while crown up
Mmh, should do some testing if that's the case since my 6R15 keeps losing time even when dial up.

Poor lighting. The blue looks brilliant in real life.

I've actually seen it in real life, not held it in my hands, though, and it looked good but kinda cheap as well. Guess it's the design. Too much white and the indices look printed.

What's wrong with supporting our own industry rather than a gook one?

>day complication on a dress watch
12 o'clock full day is acceptable and dressy.

>>literally any complication other than a complete calender(anything from triple date to perpetual), moon phase, or tourbillon in a dress watch
>tourbillon
>complication
pick one

I really like your watch collection, they are jumble and simple. Would you mind posting a pic of your collection soon?

Here are my two humble ones of my collection.

*humble

>our own
I buy whatever it's good, I like and can afford (in that precise order), since I'm not a retard.

I've a collection of thousands of € worth of comic books. I still buy them all at the comic store and not online even though I could save a lot. You know why? It's not because I want to "support my local shop", sure, I have developed a simple yet respectful relationship with the people who work there, but the real reason why I buy my comics there is because I want to check the imperfections and flaws of the copies they have in store and get the less flawed one.

tl;dr
I don't think autistic people like collectors (being it of watches or whatever) give a shit about things like "supporting the industry". Quality is always at the top, then comes all the rest.

Of course not everyone who buys a watch is a collector or has that mindset. Too bad for them.

comfy.

SKX009 here. I usually do it just once a day for about 30 seconds in the morning.

People like you are the reason why Europe is such a shithole now. Really getting tired of bailing you Muslim-infested fuckers at the first signs if trouble.

it's essentially treated as one. a tourbillon isn't something a watchmaker usually hides

Thanks, your watches look nice too.

also 12 of clock full day is fine, as well as a 3 o clock date. but I find that they are very easy to do wrong and ruin the dressy image of a watch.

the rolex/tudor day dates and datejusts are the only examples I've seen where they look nice and remain dressy, but those started out as a sports design

No, it's people like you that keep feeding the jews instead of the worthy whoever they might be that kills the market and holds progress down. If the market were dynamic there would be necessity for innovation and research.
Let's just give the jews more money instead, seems like a good idea to make the market sane again.

Can you post some more pics with this strap pls? Also an accutron need 18mm right?

It's 11/16" really. You could get away with an 18mm strap since it can compress a little bit. An 18mm bracelet might need the slightest amount of filing to fit.

You never replied the three times i asked for a price.
How much do you want for the lm?

Dude. That thing is super duper

Vostok amphibia

He can ask for payment.
I may not be australian but i live here so i will help josef collect a box of poisonous spider and snakes to send as payment

It's not magnets. It uses some type of adhesive that supposedly works in any watch and it leaves no residue.