Free open source source? Never again!

The fuckers haven't even put a disclaimer or anything on their site, as if nothing happened: fosshub.com/

You can't trust freetards.

Background story: news.softpedia.com/news/hacker-compromises-fosshub-to-distribute-mbr-hijacking-malware-506932.shtml

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/first-mac-targeting-ransomware-hits-transmission-users-researchers-say/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just because its foss doesnt mean the hosting website is trustworthy.
thats what you get wincucks. for downloading 3rd party software just to make your shitty is usable, for trusting random executables obtain on random websites. i bet you dont even check the hash, even fucking apt does gpg checks after downloading stuff from OFFICIAL repositories.

stay cucked, wintards.

Do I have to spell for you to understand, cocksucker? It's not a "ranom website". They are not "random executables". They are the OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINKS for those programs.

Freetards who develop qbitorrent and Audacity link directly to Fosshub and tell people to download their programs from there.

no one is retarded enough to install some unsigned binary. you either grab the sourcecode and build it yourself, or install a binary from your distributions official repo

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>fosshub
Who even use this dog shit botnet website ?

>Fosshub
>Random people with no credibility
>no affiliations to anything noteworthy
>hosting non-foss software
>unsigned
>not compiled from source
>for windows
Yeah stay cucked nigger

Reminds me of SourceForge faggotry a while back.

No excuses for blindly trusting an executable, you should have checked the hashes and quickly ran it through virus total. Example, qbittorrent posts the SHA1 checksum on the website. Had attackers posted fake qbittorrent, the hash wouldn't match the one on the official website.

Seems like it's only a problem for Windows Losers

arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/first-mac-targeting-ransomware-hits-transmission-users-researchers-say/ :^)

To be fair I really enjoyed this whole hack.
They could have done much worse than simply overriding the MBR.

And I think the normal userbase of a custom startmenu should know how to restore it (or so I hope...)

This hack truly was magnificent.

>replacing a core windows component with proprietary software

This. Only special snowflakes run foss software on windows.

Everyone using the word freetard in this thread is a microshill or butt mad because they got their computer compromised.

>Overwrites MBR
Doesn't that mean it's harmless if you use a GPT partitioned drive?

>runs Windows
>gets fucked by Windows
>blames open source

You have nothing to blame but yourselves, Wincucks. Feels good being a Linux user.

lmao what a fucking loser

>stickers
>being this much of a filthy weeb

Have fun running your OS for like a week until some shitty python Pacman clone suddenly deletes your entire root directory, retard.

No, it would still overwrite the bootsector I the disk.

No, it converts your disk to MBR then fucks it up.

This was screwing some people, as their 2+ TB drives were getting their data mangled

>fosshub
Pic related.

Literally flagged as potential threat vector. You deserved to be owned user.

It gets even better when you actually load the page.

lel gentoo shipped with backdoored ircd