FX-8350 performs 18.7% worse on benchmarks than an i7 6700k

>FX-8350 performs 18.7% worse on benchmarks than an i7 6700k
>Costs 51% less
Why does Sup Forums shit on AMD so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/money/2011/10/27/141766341/the-price-of-electricity-in-your-state
anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/6
anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1543
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a house fire.

The average Sup Forums user isn't intelligent enough to make those calculations on their own. Also when you spend that amount of money you gotta convince yourself that your decision was right; in that sense buying Intel or Apple is like getting an abortion and becoming a bitter woman.

the average Sup Forums user doesn't buy computers to run cherry picked benchmarks.

single core performance is a joke

Sorry but any i3 performs better than a FX-8350 since the IPC of it is abysmal.

A top of the line Skylake i7 is on a whole different level compared to any AMD has to offer currently.

Don't get me wrong, they're ok chips if you're on a budget and plan to use heavily multi-threading software, but in every other scenario, any i3 would perform the same/better.

I'm using this for transcoding and I currently have a Core 2 Quad Q8400, so it looks pretty sweet.

>Why does Sup Forums shit on AMD so much?

No idea. I've been running an 8350 since late 2013 or so. IIRC it came out in 2012, so it's a four freakin' year old chip and I still have very acceptable performance. I'm currently running two VMs and about a million browser tabs. I've also run several AAA games from 2015 with zero problems.

An 8350 with 32 gigs of RAM and a couple of SSDs is a nice combination.

Because your average Sup Forums user buys computer for Windows gayman.

That's what amazes me the most about it, it's a late 2012 chip with 2011 technology that is still kicking ass.

It uses like 3x as much power under load

Like the 2500k?

>IPC
Buzzword that is entirely dependent on the """""benchmark"""""" you run, typically babby video games.

>FX-8350 performs 18.7% worse on benchmarks than an i7 6700k
Answered your question right there

I bought it the time it came out as well, and ran 5-6 VMs, have 30-40 browser tabs at a time, while listening to music, compiling / transcoding. In that sense, the AMD FX is a steal for its price. Sadly, your average users on Sup Forums only cares how many FPS they can get out of Crysis on ultra settings.

Yes, but you can get a brand new 990fx board easily, unlike sandy bridge where you can only get a P67 board absurdly expensive or used.

True, but then you can get an i3 6100 which offers better performance for anything that doesn't scale perfectly across 8 cores for a similar price.

Another benefit is half the power consumption and ddr4.

>performance
*** in proprietary video games running on non-free operating systems

>half the power consumption and ddr4
That is true, depends on what a user wants really, new tech that's really efficient, or cheaper old tech that still kicks ass but its old.

Because a fucking 5 year old 2500k beats it in performance and power consumption, that's fucking why.

Then you have the typical retards saying: b-but it works fine for me, so it must be good!!
Yeah, and anything past Core 2 Quad will perform even better for you.

>m-muh benchmarks!

So you buy a CPU just to run benchmarks?
If I'm a baby, then you're an autist.

Also, any i5 performs better in benchmarks and any other scenario, except for those heavily threaded bullshit benchmarks which have nothing to do with the real world.

Sup Forums shits on it because
>muh gaems
>muh TDP

By the way, it only uses ~20% more power than a 6700K.

>performance

that's a LOT. Also, I bet AMD is low balling the power consumption.

When all you do is video games, every piece of hardware looks like a video game console.

see
i have an 8120 home server, i burned myself on the rear of the case topside of the io panel, the VRMs were so hot i could feel the heat radiating a couple inches away

msi 970 board, monster

that was with 2 factory fans added 2 more and better now. they have to move a lot of air to help though

I'm sorry that we still haven't found a cure for autism.

Maybe one day user.

>i3

spot the Sup Forumsirigin, anyone with half a brain would get a i5 at a bare minimum.

AMD's TDP is the maximum power draw at stock voltages.
Intel's TDP is the thermal dissipation solution required to cool the chip.
AMD's 125W TDP is not a lowball figure, it's a worst case scenario, as opposed to Intel's average case 91W estimate.

def need i5 for facebook shitposting and word docs doc

>AMD still basically used a 5 year old architecture and chips from 2012
>Intel has stagnated so much that a i5 2500k from 5 years ago can beat Skylake chips when overclocked

Computing is dead and it's all thanks to the web generation who don't care at all and just want their facebook to show up

>The 3 things you can do with a computer is games, Facebook and Word
t. Sup Forums

i know, you really do belong there its sad

Daily reminder that simulation fags can fuck off back to /sci/

and Programmer cucks can fuck off back to /prog/

a-kay

DELETE TH-

Oh wait, nevermind, everyone knows that AMD CPU's are dogshit except for maybe 2 or 3 fanboys in the entire world.

>let me just fuck this up so nobody can see the shameful single core ranking
>let me just compare an overclocked CPU to a stock CPU
Yeah, ok, thanks Pajeet.

Pretty much. I only post so that innocent fools don't fall for the meme.

That's 75'c on an NH-D9L as well, not a D15.

Feels good to trigger Inteldrones

Mine is stock

Look at the cost of a whole system. Nobody just buys a CPU.

>Amd $850 build vs $1000 intel build

>Intel build is over 20% faster and isn't 20% more in total cost.

Here's the result at 4200MHz which is the 8350's stock turbo.

My 6700k is almost 2x faster in IPC (the most important thing nowadays)

Top cuck, what were you thinking AMD.

Hope they get Zen right or they're seriously fucked.

>$850 * 1.2 = 1020

off by a whole $20 on a mystery build with made up numbers

Shit nigger what are you doing? At least lock it at 3900Mhz.

It's about $120 more for an Intel CPU and about $30 more for Mobo. You can ignore the triple energy and heat costs (AC) of the AMD chip if you like.

Unless you want to put a fx8350 in a $80 Mobo and have blown vrm in half a year?

My motherboard is old and flips shit when overclocking now for some reason. Doesn't really bother me too much tho. It'll last until Zen/Kaby which is fine with me.

You didn't put it in a 970 chipset did you?

>You can ignore the triple energy and heat costs (AC) of the AMD chip if you like.

More made up figures.

Also lol @ AC being a result of your computer.

And as for builds go I can easily make a AMD and Intel build at nearly the same costs with just as good hardware that will last years.

I have a GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev 1.1 to be exact.

I've seen enough fx8350 builds to see what kind of heat they put out and how much power they take from the wall. My i5 3570k system at 4.4ghz idles with 52w drawn from the wall. Every fx8350 I've seen idles well over 100w.

8120 doing nothing but keeping time and disk integrity - power1: 114.37 W

Yeah, that's fucking awful. I even have an r9 290 with that 52w idle. I'm sure if I took it out and used it as more of a workstation it would be closer to 35w.

Since DDR3 and DDR4 have equalized, comparing the price of the whole system isn't really fair.
FX8350 + Asus M5A99FX = $285 USD
6700K + Asus Z170-A = $483 USD
The price difference is almost 70% more for the Intel system.

Unlucky. I thought that was a good board. I'm doing surprisingly well on an M5A99X EVO R2.

Nobody buys an i7 when money is an issue, it's stupid. The i5 is $100 cheaper and brings it back down to even lower than the $150 gap I estimated.

That's still 50% on the mainboard+cpu

And it's slower at the end of the day.

Yes, then you add the rest of the system and the intel system is anywhere from 10-60% faster depending on what you're doing, for approx 20% more cost which might be negligible from electricity and heating costs.

>52w
>100w
>triple

>npr.org/sections/money/2011/10/27/141766341/the-price-of-electricity-in-your-state
>$0.12 per kilowatt-hour in my state
>24/7 uptime for a year
>literally a $50 difference after an entire year at idle speeds
>A few hundred dollar difference after an entire year for full power

Wew, it's almost like you welfare whores and min wags fags really think this is a killer

>20% more cost which might be negligible from electricity and heating costs.
Why the hell do intel dudes think the power cost is gonna shoot up when you're using amd? It would take you years and years to cost the amount of money that would make the intel cheaper, and by then both cpus would be old heaps of outdated shit.

That's not what the thread is about. Price-performance is what it's about, and for multithreaded applications, the FX 8 cores are great economical value.

It's also an argument that Sup Forums won't get over until zen is released, and there's not really any point arguing over.
I like my 8320, I'm not buying Intel, and that's all I care about.

Wow so over 3 years you pay just as much and have a slower, louder and hotter system all along. This ignores load electricity which is even more gapped.

What exactly are you even arguing for. You've lost.

My i5 6600k idles at like 5W and with Kaby Lake their i5's are going to be even better since it's a low power efficiency optimization chip this year.

I literally pay nothing in electricity.

Zen is rumored to be super low power too, but I hope not because AMD deserves nothing good.

The 8350 has the best ipc and the longest pipeline out of all cpus desu its pretty damn good dog

>louder

Inteldrones are really grasping for every step now. It's as if they think only Intel chips can have silent heatsinks or liquid coolers

My nigga, and for what it costs, 8350 owners don't need to go on here and defend their purchase like a bunch of fags because it didn't cost much to begin with.

As a 8350 owner, I am happy with the CPU, but performance is much worse than that in actual software and games.

Okay so you've bought a $50 water cooler for your AMD CPU while intel CPUs can overclock silently on a $20-30 cooler.

You're only digging your retardation further.

>Okay so you've bought a $50 water cooler

Nope, keep trying drone.

> intel CPUs can overclock silently on a $20-30 cooler.

So can AMD, it's okay for you to admit you bought a shitter cooler that requires you to never stress it because it'll become a vroom engine.

Nigga I have a scythe mugen 2 rev b. It was $25 and is like 2 hyper212 in one, with a 800-1500 rpm 120mm fan.

I make good purchases. It means I avoid fake cores with no IPC and 3.5gb ram video cards

>100
anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/6

Lol wasn't bulldozer considered one of the biggest disappointments of all time?

I remembrt waiting on OCN for the nda to drop and seeing nothing but salt about how garbage is was.

It was hyped as fuck by amdrones too, just like zen is currently

Well, yeah. An overclocked core 2 quad can also beat sandy bridge, what's your point?

An overclocked core 2 quad can't beat a overclocked i5 2500k.

A overclocked i5 2500k can beat a i5 6600k overclocked and get higher clocks speeds without massive cooling because skylake is shit

8350 can easily get to 4.7GHz on a 212

This, any voltage where you need water cooling is gonna shorten the life of the chip if it isn't a 9590.

Pretty windy today, huh? You can almost see the tumbleweeds rolling in the place that 's argument used to be.

>A overclocked i5 2500k can beat a i5 6600k overclocked and get higher clocks speeds without massive cooling because skylake is shit

No it can't. Stop talking out of your ass.

Skylake is about 20-25% better than Sandy Bridge clock per clock, and literally any 6600k can reach 4.5Ghz with ease.

You would need a 5.5Ghz (or more) Sandy to beat a 4.5Ghz 6600k.

>Zen and Kaby Lake will only be supported on Windows 10 and not 7 or 8

why

>easily
I mean, I have a 8350, and the only stable OC I could get it to was 4.4 (I run 4.3 normally for minimum heat). It could do 4.5, but it kept overheating unless I set the fans watercooling fans to high while playing vidya at which point there would be too much noice. 4.7 would be stretching it.

My 8320 got to 4.5 on the stock cooler..
Did I just win the lottery?

>people complaining about fan noises

I use stock fans that sound like a jet, but barely hear them when I use my good headphones when I game.

>Why does Sup Forums shit on AMD so much?
You mean Sup Forumstards on Sup Forums. FX series worked well for Linux because virtually every demanding program is multithreaded on it

>will only be supported
Supported on Linux

I wear open backed headphones. Silence is a luxury.
The loudest part of my system are the shitty deepcool fans which rattle.
Fuck deepcool.

>linux

Oh look, its another tech illiterate retard shitposting about Passmark scores thread.
Passmark is only used by children crossposting from Sup Forums

anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1543

Low power consumption is awesome.

Linux is great.
VGApassthrough for Windows 7.

Literally 95% of Sup Forums uses Linux

My case fans used to be loud as fuck and then I got a corsair air case or some shit and it's silence. The only thing I can hear now is my cpu fan when under load and at this point there's no reason to buy a better cpu fan for it, but next time I upgrade I plan to. By then I bet my systemw ill be near silent.

how do you see these numbers?

HWiNFO64.

>Linux
No one uses that piece of shit

>I am le troll
>I troll u
>hehe xD
Linux is useful if it's the right tool for what you're doing.
You wouldn't expect a carpenter to use a jackhammer.

nope. I'm also on Sandybridge but Skylake OCs just as well with similar or less power. Not enough to be worth upgrading, but it's basically an improved version of Sandybridge unlike Ivy or Haslel.

Depends on the load. Standard instruction set programs it's NOWHERE NEAR 20-25% faster.

Such bullshit, I have one and it never goes past 30 degrees

The dumb fucks that buy intel chips overly estimate the power usage of an 8350 while forgetting that intel made a 130w nahalem and the fanboys didn't complain about it because they suck intel's cock.

Blue lips and green buttholes. That sums up Sup Forums

>nahalem
Yeah, power consumption was less an issue back then because both AMD and Intel weren't focused on it.

Now you have dual core 54w Intel processors beating an 8 core 125w fx8350 in both performance and efficiency.

54w vs 125w now, or 95w vs 125w back then?

>+70% single threading
Holy hell