Yearly reformat

>yearly reformat

ahh feel like a new man

>tfw weekly

Just recently bought a new harddrive as a back up for all my other drives. Stupid question: what happens to the files in the back up drive if I change the originals in original drive? Would back up drive know just to update those particular files? Thank you.

>reformat
>re

>tfw you're not changing OS like cisco

are you me?

>nobody understands my constant reinstalling of windows

hi mom

drop the "re" in real life and i'll kick your ass

Why??

macOS does not have this problem.

Thank you windows 10.

Format Friday is a tradition.

why do you do it user?

Linux does not have this problem either.

this is distinctly something i only felt a need to do with windows. i never found myself wanting a clean start with linux or os x. in retrospect i'm surprised it didn't seem like a red flag to me that my operating system actually got more and more sluggish over time regardless of how carefully i maintained the software i had installed and whatnot (shit just taking up space in the registry is a terrible design flaw).

I do it every time I build a new PC, so yearly as well.

>treating your OS installation like such a pile of dogshit that yearly formats are necessary

Facebook-tier normies, ladies and gentlemen.

>dad updated ubuntu
>had to spent 8 hours to get things working again

Even your shitty popular distros break if you blow on them

it's not about treating your os well or badly. windows is just terrible at cleaning up after itself, and there are no good tools for the user to go and clean shit up. even os x, for all its faults, is basically just unix with some obnoxious (but fixable) catches. you can clean that shit out if you really want to, but the registry in windows is just awful.

that being said, the "Facebook-tier normies" comment is appropriate; i can't begin to anticipate how someone would try to justify doing any development work on windows except if they were doing it while wearing a microsoft windbreaker.

There is no such thing as a reformat, there never was. What OP means is format, technically and practically.

why would I change file systems senpai?

>Stupid question: what happens to the files in the back up drive if I change the originals in original drive? Would back up drive know just to update those particular files? Thank you.
That is a stupid question, ask the people in the stupid questions thread.

OCD, wanting things to be clean/perfect maybe?

Literally this. God it feels good to be a wincuck and not have everything break when you install something.

Yes, re, as in doing it again.

Should I wipe my Windows 8.1 instal and move to Windows 7?

y/n

go for a legacy day: try to install win2k or even go back to win98se

Stick with win 8.1. just install classic Shell once the hack is over.

> Install classic Shell
> Get MBR overwritten

Don't do this user

Reinstalling is nothing but a chore. Never do it, waste of time and it's not worth the effort.

>using timesink os

>yearly
disgusting
do you always wash you dick yearly?

> Install classic Shell
> Get MBR overwritten
> No longer have to use Windows
Sounds like a great deal

I literally dist-upgrade every day on Debian Sid and I've never broken anything. Learn how to read.

Not even kidding, I used to do it when I ran Windows 7. Everything was much snappier, but it eventually deteriorated. Fuck if I knew why. Fuck if anyone at M$ knows why, nobody knows how Windows works.

I used to on old laptops, with SSDs I've never experienced something like performance degrade... Just NTFS I guess

>haven't reinstalled windows 8.1 in about 2 years
>lags to hell
>when I click "search" in the charms bar my desktop crashes and reloads
>too lazy to back up everything and reinstall all my programs

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet eventually.