Friendly reminder that passive bookshelf speakers + amp will always beat """active studio monitors""" in every way

friendly reminder that passive bookshelf speakers + amp will always beat """active studio monitors""" in every way

Install gentoo

works for me

Logitech z263. ~$150. Done.

this is true one of the reasons HIFI is better then active monitors is that it is separate and upgrade able you can swap components in and out

who else
>using 5.0 channels in a 5.1 system
here? I never saw the need for buying a sub because I don't exclusively listen to car crashes or organ music.

I use big speakers. don't need a separate sub.
basically running 4.0

Friendly reminder that all "friendly reminder" -threads are shitposts.

Back in the day sound cards had separate line out and speaker lines which where actually amplified so you could hook reasonably sized passive speakers directly to sound card.

hey op your keyboard is broken

Only 2x6W tho

Why? I wood rather have comfy active speakers

ya no. my Yamaha hs7s rape ur passive garbage

Yamaha are trash. Stick to making motorcycles.

>logikek
Good one. Logitek speakers are literal bottom of all active PC speakers. You don't need to be an audiophool spending thousands of dollars on audio shit but buying logikek is almost on tech illiteracy level.

you'd better be memeing right now

nice bait friend

>Yamaha are trash
Yet several of their models are recognized industry-wide for their outstanding quality and are used in many top studios around the world. Kys.

Thanks for the reminder

add that they cost less and are more reliable

powered monitors are stupidly unreliable and overpriced.

Amps are overpriced
And the speaker cone is always the limiting factor in quality.

SO PASSIVE OR ACTIVE DOESNT MATTER FUCK OFF

Name one passive speaker + amplifier setup cheaper and better than the LSR305.

>will always beat

Not for mixing purposes.

those are $300 + a preamp to control monitoring volume

Elac B5 is a better speaker than the LSR305

add in a stereo receiver for $100 like a RS201 and it will be more powerful, less hiss, more detail, more features

depending on what pre-amp you buy, you could even buy some JBL studio 230's at the same cost kek

>spending more than £300 on a pair of placebos

no thanks

>not using phillips mfb technology from the 70's
get cucked faggots

fluance sx6 with sa98. that's like $200 and it's better.

Friendly reminder that floor speakers + amp will always beat """bookshelf speakers""" + amp in every way.

>I know nothing about audio
Kill yourself

This, but apparently this thread is full of hi-fi faggots who don't really know a thing about sound

>Got micca mb42x for $40 used
>Already had a vintage receiver and a USB sound card with RCA out as an option
>Mfw these things sound (almost) comparable to the old mission speakers sitting in my living room

Who else 7.2 2000watt system throughout their entire room?

SX6 is nothing to write home about.

Friendly reminder that form factor has nothing of interest if audio quality is what you are seeking for.

>hi-fi faggots
If they were interested in hi-fi they'd probably know a thing or two and stop focusing on irrelevant bits like brand, price, driver type, target market etc. I'd conclude that hi-fi is not what they are after.

>SX6 is nothing to write home about.

neither are the lsr305's.

The LSR's on and off axis response on their pass band is extraordinary. It's not the best of the best but in their price point there are no designs which match it.

If you don't produce music, that statement is true.

>today on g: audiophile myths

Right. Even my krk rokits without my sub, shit on a lot of passive "home theater" book shelf type speakers.

On axis usually isn't such a high priority; equalization takes care of it.
Those Behringer Truth 2020 and 2031, the ones that look like a Genelec ripoff (they likely are), have a smoother/better DI but a less flat on-axis response.

I've been using Klipsch Promedias for over a decade living in a basement but now I live in a small apartment and need something that will provide me weeb tunes and not fuck up my side and downstairs neighbors' lives.
The walls seem pretty well soundproofed, I can only hear my neighbor's TV when I walk out the door.