Should i wait for kaby lake i5 to build my midrange gaymen pc or just get the skylake?

Should i wait for kaby lake i5 to build my midrange gaymen pc or just get the skylake?
i'm growing impatient, also worried about stock and overpricing issues at kaby lake's launch, which should prolong the wait aaarrrggggg...

Wait for a pci 4.0 motherboard

No, wait for PCI 5.0. It'll be much faster!

Don't fall for the intel jew. Wait for zen.

Optical apparently

>should i wait
no, never. if you play the waiting game, you'll be waiting forever. just get whatever you can afford now.

but at least he'll keep the shekels away from the jew, right?

This.

Stop waiting and just fucking buy unless its less than a month away. Zen won't come out until next year and same with kaby lake so just buy a 6600k and a 1070 and stfu.

What everyone else said, plus kaby lake isn't even a tick or tock just a shitty stopgap because we're out of breakthroughs in processor development

Unless you care about power consumption skylake is a great choice and will be for years. Intel said they were focusing on power consumption and not performance anyways.

Honestly I would pick up a cheap used sandy bridge instead of an i5

In modern games an I7 can make a heck of alot of difference to your minimum framerate as many games benefit from the extra threads

Pick up a decent skylake and you won't have to upgrade in forever. I'm still on haswell i7 and i have absolutely no need to upgrade.

I picked up a Dell with a e5 1650 Sandy bridge and everything except a gpu for 250 shekels. Did I do good?

Only if you want a tiny almost unnoticeable performance boost over skyline and be required to use windows 10

You can run whatever OS on Kaby lake, moron

Just get the Skylake you fucking retard

I'm not sure you can read.

Wait. Once it's out, buy a cheap used skylake.

>Want to build PC
>AMD shit is about to come out
>Intel shit is about to come out
>Building now you're just wasting money on outdated products

FUCK

I assume that Intel is focusing on power consumption because they're focusing on cloud computing and wireless applications in the internet of things.

and OP it all depends on your usage and budget, don't cut corners and overthink

>wasting money

This is how NEETs and people with shit jobs think.

A good PC build that is configured intelligently doesn't cost all that much.

But Moore's Law is going to end any second now so you may as well wait and get the last processor that will ever be made. :^)

used haswells are still going for MSRP, that's not going to happen

Isn't Kaby Lake just a rebrand?

I wonder how much the iGPUs will improve. Think they'll reach 750 Ti performance?

Zen will be crap compared to kaby lake.

i really wanna the latest cpu, its so annoying to wait, come on intel gimme crabby lake Q42016

Why are you still waiting? hahah these guys seriously.
>I already pull the trigger and bought a skylake
>I'm enjoying it right now,
>by the time zen / kaby lake goes out I have enough money for the upgrade