> Post your speccys
> Anons tell you what to upgrade

I'm waiting for the Kaby Lake processors to retire the trusty meme 2500k

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/G8RTJV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>4k monitor
>970

Shouldn't you upgrade your GPU as well or don't you play games?

Got the 970 when I had a 1600p monitor, but I'm surprised how well it works with 4k in light of the 3.5gb meme. 60fps average in BF4 ultra (no AA because not needed much if at all at 4k)

Gonna upgrade to Zen when it comes out?

Bullshit

Will I need a new motherboard?

Moving to a Skylake build later this week when parts arrive. 8320 did well for years but it's single core performance just isn't doing it anymore.

Call bullshit all you want.

The 2500k is at 4.5Ghz so it may make some difference.

These are the frames at medium with a better CPU. Thus, bullshit.

I assume so.

I knew a banchmark fag would come along. I guess I'll just be happy with the performance I'm getting.

Seems like a great set up. Can't think of anything that should be upgraded.

Thought I'd be building a new pc by now, but just upgraded from a 7870 XT to a MSI 1060, and for 1080p gaming it should last a few years at least.

Consider a bigger 144hz screen

a monitor will be coming in the next few weeks

im thinking a korean 1440p 75hz

Don't listen to them, my gtx 680+ i7 870 manages to outperform all bemchmarks I've seen online with my gpu.

Games receive updates, drivers improve performance.

I believe you, but I'm also assuming you're overclocked

Okay, but don't post blatantly bad information that could sway someone to buy the same product and not get nearly the "result" you have. This shit happened with retards buying the 750ti and expecting to max games.

>This shit happened with retards buying the 750ti and expecting to max games.

That's just retarded from the get go.

Probably gonna snatch up a 980ti soon.
Then it's on to the case, then a modular PSU, then a new mouse and keyboard.

Might get a meme monitor some day but that's low-priority for me.

I think I'll go back to intel if I have to replace the motherboard.

At the prices 980ti's have been going for you might as well get a 1070. Even a 980ti Lightning can't compete with a 1070 and you know they're going to gimp it.

If I want to play games at 4k would getting a 1070 be good enough or would I have to get a new cpu too?

1070s are going for $430+, I can get a barely used 980ti for like $350. The benchmarks put the 1070 barely above the 980ti in most things and under it in others. Besides some hypothetical gimping that I've never experienced through 3 different nvidia cards, what's the advantage to spending 100 more dollars for the 1070?

I'll also call bullshit, I have a 1070 and a 4k monitor, I don't have battlefield but arma 3 hovers around 50-60 with shit turned down

GTA 5 is about the same, and my cpu is @ 4.5, arma 3 runs off a m.2 SM951

That's not a fair comparison. From what I hear Battlefield is optimized as fuck and Arma 3, while better than 2, is certainly not.

Yes I have a laptop with a desktop CPU.

still, a 970 hitting solid 60s at 4k on ultra WITH a 5 year old CPU (I do rate them, was my previous CPU) seems a bit bullshit

4k is demanding as fuck for games

What laptop?

Waiting for 1080Ti

Clevo P750ZM.
Before you guys rip me apart I got it for $400 from a friend because the LCD was being wonky which I managed to fix by myself.
Gave my desktop to my boyfriend who was running a fucking Xeon from 2009 and a 670.

>EuroCom

Literally never heard of them. Looks like a pretty good laptop though. What are the load temps like? The selling point of these laptops is that you can overclock like a desktop but I've never had a laptop that ran cool enough.

It's not EuroCom, that's a company that rebrands laptops from Clevo.
Load temps are surprisingly good for a gaming laptop, CPU has never even hit 80C, and the GPU stays around 65C under load. Mostly play shit like GTA V, ARMA 3, etc.

?

My previous experiences with Gaming/Workstation laptops in terms of temps was pretty bad too. Had a Dell M6600 that would manage to hit 90C on the CPU and GPU and just throttle to hell, even after replacing the thermal paste, swear that thing had bugged fan controllers or something, before that I had an ASUS G73 that literally killed the GPU from overheating.
I don't know how I keep ending up with fucking gaming laptops ;_;

I'm not sure why Speccy still isn't identifying Broadwell-E chips.

Considering shopping in a 6950x or titan.

R8/H8

gonna upgrade the gpu to a 1070 soon when I get a new monitor for my birthday

Arma 3 is extremely cpu heavy/bound, comparing it to bf4 is retarded.

R8/H8

>gonna upgrade the gpu to a 1070 soon when I get a new monitor for my birthday

pic would be helpful I guess.

Better Ram maybe?
My SSD will arrive tomorrow.

Well Sup Forums, what do ya think?

Everything but the ram seems up to date. I'd probably not last on that amount of storage though, but that's just me.

>boyfriend
Are you a cute girl, cute boy, or a faggot?

A 2500K will do 4K well in 2013 and older games. Newer games would suffer bad frame drops and timings every so often(GTA 5, Just Cause 3). 6 months after I got a 4K monitor I upgraded my CPU to 6700K. Brother went with the 6600 and it still struggles a bit with 4K but is head and shoulder above the 2500

Just ordered this one, I'm on a budget but this kind of set was recommended for me. Did I fucked up Sup Forums?

100% sure it will be my garbage cpu.

Yup, I upgraded from an A10-7850k to this. HUGE difference.

Of fucking corse it's a huge difference, it's an i7, I was thinking about an i5 because I really don't want to pay 300$+

If they made 6 core i5's I would have considered it.

I'm look to upgrade my CPU first.
Should I go for an i5 or i7? Which one?
I play gaymes and record and mix music mainly.

I'll get a 1440p/144hz monitor and a new GPU in a year or so.

Something wrong with speccy. The actual processor is Pentium G4400, not an i5

open up the CPU tab, it should give more info

Starting to artifact. Sometimes I blue screen(rarely) and I can't overclock... like at all. Is my gpu on its way out or did I fuck up?
pcpartpicker.com/list/G8RTJV

Well it does show correct specs. Strange

Because you're a faggot, William.

That happens with all gaming laptops after a year or two if you're actually using it for gaming.

They just give off way too much heat to ever last as long as a low powered laptop.

Once I get more cash, I plan to get more ram, and some more hard drives (want to get 3x8TBs from my server and drop the 3TB in this machine)

maybe a new GPU when I stop playing dota2

*monitor is actually 4k, I'm just doing this through an rdp session