So, now that the dust has settled

So, now that the dust has settled.

What did Sup Forums think of the Anniversary Update?

Botnet

It's the botnet meme for real this time.

FREE and GREAT. I'm loving thew new Microsoft.

fpbp

Pretty much this. Boot is much faster and the whole thing feels snappier.

PAJEET

If you don't reply to this post, your cpu will die.

>weebposting

None of the new features are worth the extra botnet

POO in LOO

I was excited about the Linux Subsystem but then they added more botnet shit so i just installed a Linux distro instead of the half-baked Windows subsystem shit.

ok my elitebook 8440p is safe :^)

Yeah I don't get the hate. The upgrade took some time, but nothing broke and now it's even better.

I haven't updated yet.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update made my computer work better than ever!
Now I can do so much more! Thank you, Microsoft!

It worked.

I didn't notice anything special really. Needs some time I guess.

The new Ubuntu system is fucking great. Finally I can delete my loonix VM.

All botnet aside Windows 10 is the best Windows I have used and I started on 95. It just werks.

They depreciated AudioSwitcher by allowing switching audio devices by clicking the volume button. Also they added bash for linux as an option and improved my startup times so I'm golden.

What did Sup Forums think of the Anniversary Update?

Dunno, how do i tell if i'm on it?

>Linux Subsystem
Don't fall for this meme

The only reason this Linux subsystem for W10 exists is because MS wanted to make W10 binary compatible with Android apks.

But they abandoned it and now advertise this Linux subsystem beta. If nu-MS says beta you just know how shitty and buggy it is.

Just use cygwin if you have to use Windows like grown ups do

>all your files are exactly where you left them

I hope somebody was fired over this

what did they add? and is MS really that dangerous in time of google and social networks?

Speak for yourself. I hate all the apps that come preinstalled and reinstalls themselves after a while. Boot is worse for me because of those updates (Getting Windows ready). Too bloated, really. If you have a good PC, you can't feel how bloated it is but I use a laptop and believe me Windows 10 is good just for good PCs. Reinstalling Leenix right now familia

weebs are garbage and have garbage opinions and garbage tastes

Is there really any performance improvement? I never had any issues with 10's performance, even on complete toaster Netbooks with atom CPUs and 2 GB RAM.

You won't be missed. If you like using an os that's as convenient as poking your eye out with a rusty knife then go for it.

Nice try loonix shill. Everyone knows memenux never works.

For you maybe. I used Windows 8.1 for three days because I don't want 10 on my laptop. I don't expect you to believe me, but I tried everything to update that shit, I spent 10 hours trying to fix Windows update. Never again.

op is a nigger
paid

ad
ve
rt
is
in
g

Not supported on my hardware.

>1027x770
>Installing it on a VM
Yeah, fuck off

>he fell for 1 GiB RAM meme

So how can I open selected file with spacebar key i windows 7?

>switching to nogames OS

I don't game

faster and snappier
more battery life
linux subsystem
it just works

You forgot :
Botnet
Spying
Forced apps
Cortana
Shit design
Telemetry
Just works m8...

nice memes

They are FREE :) enjoy these features m8. Don't forget to shill more. (Pajeet, your cover is amazing, I'll call you Pajeet Bond 007 Curryshit from now, great work)

Is it safe now to reinstall W7 without glassing out nagware updates or they are still a thing?

>download anniversary update
>don't install yet
>certain applications are now "blocked by the administrator"
>I am the administrator
>I can't even use the calculator

It gave me a reason to uninstall Chrome and Failurefox. I didn't expect Microsoft of all companies to do that. All hail the new king.

I want to know why my bootup lock screen no longer shows my account image but shows it if I log out. Also I still cannot install AMD display drivers on Enterprise without it moaning about not being compatible so having to use compatibility wizard to force it. Other than that it seems OK.

It's not that different. I like the black theme though.

>Forced apps
No one is forcing you to use them.

>inb4 just the fact it comes with them
So every linux distro that comes with preinstalled programs are being forced?

They are forced because I can't uninstall them and they stay there like shit.

With Linux you have a choice. You can go Arch or Ubuntu. At least you can uninstall things you don't want on any Linux distro. I don't really understand why Microsoft doesn't let users uninstall some store apps and Windows Store.

Just run a one-liner in an elevated powershell command prompt and they're all gone.

Anniversary update? That's cute...
sudo pacman -Syu

I tried to do something similar but it didn't really work. I'm not using Windows but you can share that line if you want to. Will be useful to someone.

>
>Pretty much this. Boot is much faster and the whole thing feels snappier.
>snappier
>snappy
>snappy
>snappy
it's the only word pajeets like to use

Is battery life and performance better system wide, or is it just for edge? MS has been talking a lot about edge for the most part.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Run in elevated powershell and you're done/

Man, Linux 4.7 went in testing today. Can't wait for that sweet kernel.

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

Nukes all apps for the current user

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Nukes all apps for all users. Will prevent you from reinstalling the store, as it is permanently removed.

Paste into administrator Windows powershell.

Sweet, noted, thanks. Will be useful if I will install Windows again.

fuck you

kek

I don't get it. What changed about IE/Edge?

bullshit, never happened in two years of Arch use

Memes man. Don't listen. Just installed Arch :)

>What changed about IE/Edge?

It's now a chrome clone complete with chrome like extensions.

but it is also faster.

Addons/Extensions

It's all I was waiting on to switch to it; it's seriously fast, much faster than either firefox or chrome.

>but it is also faster
my dsl confirms that but i'm too used to chromium to switch

Well, first it deleted my storage drive. Then they removed the option to not restart to apply updates.

I found a Group Policy Editor setting though and it notified that the tuesday super patch update was ready to be downloaded, so i had to approve the update and it didn't restart so i manually restarted and it worked fine

>pic related: put that shit to "2". It's in swedish but whatever

enable this too

>needing windows store for extensions

Anyone else getting a bug where your portable external hard drive doesn't recognize after plugging it in?
I have a Toshiba and use it nearly everyday, but right after the update installed, I just couldn't locate it on my PC. It registers that its plugged in and the drivers are downloaded and everything. I can eject it, I just cant locate it on my computer for some reason.
ALSO, the exact same thing happens with my xbox one. But not my laptop with a previous version of windows 10

No idea. I set it to defer update just before. I won't get it until they iron out everything hopefully.

>not using the windows store

From a developers perspective, it's actually one of the coolest things to happen to desktop development in a long time.

UWP is a pretty nice framework.

>uninstalling store in the first place
what's the point, muh bloat?

This problems happens to my friend, same Windows but he has a WD external HDD. Still no solution. I told him to use Ubuntu when needed.

i'm confused. I used number "2" and i think your setting only applies to "3" and "4"? Windows says that it will be inactive if no automatic scheduling has been activated?

sry english is my third language

Actually it does the same on my 1GB tablet.

assign a letter to the drive

I don't use so what's the point in having it?

My phone should be the only device that has an app store imo.

some pajeet microsoft employee on /r/windows10 on reddit said they are aware and are investigating this issue since a lot of people have it.

It created a grey screen on startup that I couldn't fix, it then led to a bluescreen every time I tried to login, and eventually I had to boot into the recovery manager to reinstall windows from scratch. The best idea of a cause I can come up with is that I have one screen plugged into the motherboard hdmi and one screen plugged into my gpu, since my other port on the gpu is used for a vive. This caused windows to shit itself and break.

Now I had to reinstall all my programs, including a lot of really annoying CAD software, and all my games lost their link to steam so I had to re-create every shortcut, also all the modded games just broke for some reason despite being on a separate HDD and now I had to delete all the 200+ mods for skyrim and fallout and start my saves from scratch. Oh, also I had to re-setup the vive from scratch.

OH and it also broke my custom theme so I had to set that up again.

All for some shitty ink workspace on a desktop with no pen input, and some minor tweaks to the calendar and clock, and a slightly more annoying start menu. I'd switch to linux if it didn't seem even more unreliable.

So I guess I don't think it was a particularly good update, no.

Systemwide. I don't know about Edge, I don't use it.

Good.
Sucks not being able to play my media off the god damn thing when I'm at my desk.

>>>>>cortana enabled
u dont deserve windows 10

Upgraded to win7 after the update.

It was a VM.

Tried unplugging everything except monitor, keyboard and mouse, and booting into safe mode?

>Now that the dust has settled maymay
LOL XDXDXE SO FUNNY WINDOWS 10 XDDDDDDDD PAJEET!!!!! CD
>*raises paw*

uh....big....biiiiig...BIIIIGG!!

>*farts*

..........STINKY!! STINKY BIG GUY FOR YOU!!!!!!!

POOP!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH FUNNY POOPIES!!!!!!!!!!!

XD ELELELELELELELEL PPPPPPPOOOOO

DOO DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH
AHAHAH

AHAHAHA FUNNY POOP! POOP FUNNY! DOODY WEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR POOPIE! GOOD POOPY HAHAHAHAHAH CUNNY! AHAH XDDD

DDDDDDD

DDDDDDD
DDDDD POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP HEH POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP LELELELELELELELELELELELLE XDXDXD

POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP

! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P

OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHDXDXD

UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :^)^)^)^)^))^)^:^)^:^)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHGoHOUHHOIHOIAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDD

OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEEHEEEEEEESZ

WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA

POOP!

*puts hand in pants*
*sniffs hand*

hee hee... reddit! reddit the bacon!

Ubuntu subsystem is now live.

Search bar works 100x better.

Edge has extensions.

I'm happy so far.

I'm luvin' it. dada da da daaaa

Yep, still got a grey screen. It was like 1280x1024 resolution with black bars on the sides, and just a mouse visible. Must have just been some bug in the code that was trying to send the signal to the wrong display, or something, but after rebooting as you described it didn't re-detect the new setup and I was stuck.

There's a "Repair Windows startup" and "Reset windows" option you could have tried.

I did reset windows, but it wipes your whole OS and programs so all those problems still occurred. I did manage to get into boot options and after that managed to get a login screen but like I said I just got a bluescreen every time I hit enter after putting password in. Eventually I just gave up and decided it was easier to start fresh.

Still though I had my vive unplugged at the time so that can't have been the culprit, and it seems like a serious bug if it's corrupting that badly just from having two screens in different video adapters. I know official advice is to always do this stuff with one screen and no peripherals except mouser and kb but still you'd hope an update this big, on so many devices from a major company, would be a bit more robust.

>Will prevent you from reinstalling the store, as it is permanently removed.
Good luck with that, it's a very wise thing to do now that you can publish virtually any application to the store: .NET, WPF, WinAPI even your garbage Forms without hardware acceleration if you wish buddy. Previously only WinRT and UWP were accepted which was mainly the reason why Windows Store didn't catch on.

It's almost certain people will shift to Windows Store because monetizing Store Apps is ridiculously easy. And dumb users like you will follow because us devs need our sweet cash money and we wont publish anything outside of Windows Store

lol i just littrally pee`d my pantsu

Haven't experienced anything wrong with it so far, everything just werks
Probably the only remotely negative thing is that

Update made my PC unresponsive about 10 seconds after boot up.

Ran OK in safe mode so managed to get all my files but had to reinstall to get it working.

MS claim it's a third party software issue but I'm not so sure.

Back up and beware before updating.

it's comfy

bash is nice

still wish there was a dark file explorer though

Not happy that it ignored the deactivation of the consumer experiences on Enterprise. Still downloaded bullshit apps days later.

Yeah I was pretty excited about the Linux subsystem too, but it's buggy and half the commands don't even work, such as efibootmgr or ip link.

did they kill him before he told us?