Best college student laptop GO!

Best college student laptop GO!

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/Laptops-Netbooks/175672/i.html?_sop=15&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=t430&_dcat=177&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

t420

r u poor -.-

they're a college student so yes

Omg hes por laugh at him haha wer so much better haha porfag

iPad Pro, laptops are literally obsolete.

My budget is $1000

Oh yes

>r
>u
>-.-

Please leave, and never come back
Wasnt summer over?

Serious answers only, I don't want faggy apple products but I can't find a better laptop

kek, what a poor goy.

Learn not to be such a faggot about brands, dipshit

>Ooh I don't want to use le faggy macbook girls use it

college starting late september, should i wait for the new macbook pro (prob october at earliest) or is there something else out there. budget is maybe $1500 max

You know there are people with real jobs that require actual keyboard and software.

Get on craigslist
Computers
Search bar "laptop"
Price maximum $150
Browse for a couple minutes
Buy the best spec'd listing

Also this is how I got my t520 with an i7 for $100

t. faggot

>thin and light
>great keyboard to write papers or program with
>digitizer pen for taking notes

It's perfect. Don't understand why so many people get Macbooks and then take notes on paper like cavemen. It's always great when the professor corrects a mistake and all the paper plebs are moaning while I can easily undo everything.

The only downside is the price. But if you can deal with a bit more weight and a worse screen you can get the Yoga 260 or one of the older models.

It's not the brand that I don't like, I just prefer windows.It's easier to navigate. I will be using this laptop for notes and other important work things.

I don't understand why all of you who come here to ask for a laptop recommendation can't see the obvious answer

get a fucking thinkpad

>t420 or t430
>$200 dollars
>has either 2nd or 3rd gen i5
>can have 16gb ddr3
>can install better screen
>can do work on it yourself (easy disassembly)
>repaste cpu/heatsink, new keyboard, clean & disinfect and you've got a like new computer

If you really need even more performance, get a w-series thinkpad

The only good thing about a mac is slim factor and aesthetics. Big fucking deal. Enjoy having to replace the whole laptop when something breaks, or having to buy chinese hubs since you don't have any ports.

How much

is chinkpad good quality shit?

>>"easier to navigate"
are we on a tech board or the annual grandma meeting 2k16

Shouldn't you two be at a back to school sale with your parents?

Surface Pro 3.

>Gamerfag

the cut-off point is t430, x230, w530, t530

every thinkpad after those models are the bad ones

>every thinkpad after those models are the bad ones

How are they bad?

>all of you who come here
Nigger I doubt you've been here as long as I have
Chinkpad fags are just as cancerous as apple fags

>$200
Where?
inb4 Craigslist

It you don't care for thinkpads specifically, any used high-end business laptop should do you good.

You can install windows on mac I guess.

ebay.com/sch/Laptops-Netbooks/175672/i.html?_sop=15&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=t430&_dcat=177&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Even cheaper on craigslist

>The only good thing about a mac is slim factor and aesthetics. Big fucking deal.

Well I would say it actually is if you are going to carry your laptop around a lot.

here is an example of lenovo's new "design" in the t440

they removed both the clit and trackpad buttons, the keyboard layout is backwards (they did that with the xx30 series though), the thinkpad buttons are missing from the top right, the layout is skewered, less ports and functionality

I have my X220T for college and it's comfy as fuck.

Well the trackpoint buttons are back. Who uses trackpads on Thinkpads anyways? And just because they are worse than the older models I wouldn't call them bad. They are still very good laptops compared to other current laptops.

The change that bothers me the most are 16:9 displays. These have no business being in business laptops.

Dell Inspiron 6000, niggas
Every single person in college had this or a Macbook

ThinkPad X200t

What's that thing on the right?

been on Sup Forums since 2011, Sup Forums since 2013

the only alternatives to a thinkpad are other business laptops, what are you trying to say?

some time ago I would have agreed with you, but when you realize that if the go-to standard for business laptops fucks up their laptops, that screws you in the long run.
It sets a precedent for shitty products to be acceptable, because as you say

>They are still very good laptops compared to other current laptops.

not even trying to be a dick, but its true. we all end up using them anyways because they're less of a piece of shit than the alternative - but at what point do we stop bending over and taking the gradual fucking with every generation of the models?

studying medicine?

Not OP but I would like to know if the MacBook Air is a good and reliable laptop for college (I study physics). The thinkpad t460 is to expensive here, 1500€, and I don't want to buy a used one. Should I go for the mac?

Never owned a mac but I had a roommate that studied pre-med. He fucking hated his macbook air it got very hot.

best 5 dollars i ever spent

free internet, just gotta find an open phone line

>X200t

Are the mobile Core 2 Duo CPUs still powerful enough for today?

Personally I wish I could have a X61T with updated specs.

>that 4:3 screen