Freetards all over the world reportedly jumping off bridges

It's game over for Linux.

Serious vulnerability lets attackers hijack Web and chat communications

arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/linux-bug-leaves-usa-today-other-top-sites-vulnerable-to-serious-hijacking-attacks/

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/08/10/microsoft_secure_boot_ms16_100/?mt=1470827608472
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Computer scientists have discovered a serious Internet vulnerability that allows attackers to terminate connections between virtually any two parties and, if the connections aren't encrypted, inject malicious code or content into the parties' communications.
So if you're using HTTPS, the absolute worst they could do to you is terminate the connection.

>The malicious, off-site JavaScript code attack is possible because the vulnerable USA Today pages aren't encrypted.

No java installed=no problems
Freetards confirmed correct
I guess anyone not using a bleeding edge distro like Arch will have to wail til kernel 4.7 lands to escape this vulnerability.

Java =/= Javascript

kek'd

>Linux kernel maintainers released a fix with version 4.7 almost three weeks ago.

Hotfix until patches land in distros:

(for Ubuntu; adjust to taste for however your favourite distro does sysctls)

echo "net.ipv4.tcp_challenge_ack_limit=999999999" >>/etc/sysctl.conf
sysctl -p

multiple threads about something fixed 3 weeks ago?

=/= != !=

As freetard I concede.

We can all securely turn to Windows now, which has just started showing ads, personalized based on the websites you visit and emails you send and receive.

We can just love with the inability to customize our OS, we can get used to the slow workflow, we can accept having less and use powershell, we can tolerate having our legitimate downloads being remove by our malware OS virus scanner, thanks windows defender. Why use free software when you can use Dot NET through visual studio?
It's not like we ever cared about being in control anyway.

≠ > !=

No, autismos will say how because it's open source it'll be quickly fixed and if it was closed source it would be silently exploited and not fixed for years due to security through obscurity.

>unicode programming
>var ⭐ = 42:

>Linux kernel maintainers released a fix with version 4.7 almost three weeks ago
ok

Test

>this is relevant because people running servers totally update their shit all the time
Freetards never learn, it was like this during Heartbleed too.

It was already fixed

>people running servers totally update their shit all the time
that they do

theregister.co.uk/2016/08/10/microsoft_secure_boot_ms16_100/?mt=1470827608472

WHOOOOOPPPPSSSS

bait

>implying

>2016
>Not using Debian GNU/KFreeBSD for servers
You are not even trying

I'm underage

let me just direct you towards

You can rice windows too silly boy

>The vulnerability resides in the design and implementation of RFC 5961, a relatively new Internet standard that's intended to prevent certain classes of hacking attacks.

>The problematic RFC 5961 has not yet been fully implemented in Windows or Mac OS X, so those operating systems aren't believed to be vulnerable.

I have lost the argument. Again!

Why didn't I think of dragging hacked dll files download from some website to my Win32 folder? There is no reason to bother with tiling window managers when you can have aero effects both on or off.

Boy, is my face red! You CAN do some cosmetic customizing on Windows!

Well, time to go kill myself!

Passed

Step it up famalampai

I cringe every time I see someone using the expression "freetard". It truly is an embarrassment to its user more than an insult to anyone else. It's like an idiot certificate stamped on your forehead.

Case in point.

Reminder that free software isn't inherently better or worse than proprietary software.
Reminder that all software licensing models have a purpose and can coexist.
Reminder that freetards are deluded communists

Reminder that proprietary licenses are inexcusable and give the distributor unethical and unacceptable levels of control over the user.

>Computer scientists detect a vulnerability, as they do on a regular basis in just about every operating system
>Linux is still more secure tha Windows, which has as many holes as Swiss cheese

Cool, now they can patch this.

99% of linux users on g use linux to feel special and to be able to rice it, mainly to anime theme

>it doesnt matter of linux have problems only windows!!!!????;,,*,"''''

The phrase is "case and point".
What do you expect, when you predict someone will give a reasonable response to your ignorance? It's like posting "1+1=3, I bet a bunch of retards will claim it's 2!".

Reminder that actual freedom means each individual can chose how the code they produce is distributed.

I'm underage!

(fuck you it's only a few days until I'm not)

AYY

Linux had a vulnerability. It gets patched.
>HAHA FREETARDS BTFO!!!

Windows has a million vulnerabilities.
>M-MUH GAYMES

People will call this damage control but doesnt this whole article prove that linux is the first system that tries to implement RFC 5961 (i don’t know what this is , just read the article) while OSX and windows is, as always, waiting for a stable implementation to appear from a third party?

> if you actually cared about freedom you'd respect the freedom to step on others' freedoms

> Linux has problem exposed, it is patched swiftly but Sup Forums is still flooded with shitposts mocking the problem
> Windows has a shitload of problems, that Microsoft refuses to fix, which Sup Forumsirgins don't even bother handwaving away, they just say they don't care.

fuck off for a few days then

"I'm underage!"

>18081
What did he mean by this?

>It's game over for Linux.
Linux has no game(s).

are you trying to slide the fact that secure boot got rekt'd?

i'm here just waiting for the first jailbreak for windows phone and load android into a shitty nokia i was given

> android
> not ubuntu phone
> trading microshaft spyware for google spyware