Beats

Olympic swimmer uses beats
Why don't you?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/media/2012/jul/31/dr-dre-beats-olympic-brand-police
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because my ears aren't full of water

Clever marketing. If they paid him just to wear the headphones everybody would assume it's just paid product placement. If they place just enough tape over the logo to make it appear as if he was trying to cover the logo, and actually only used beats because he liked the quality, it could actually trick people into thinking beats were good quality headphones, and the swimmer actually used them because of their quality.

but that's what Beats sound like anyway

Because I'm not American.

>the "appeal to authority" fallacy

shill holocaust when?

Because I didnt get a free pair of custom headphones given to me because of sponsorship deals. I'm also quite happy with my 598's

I'm sure he just uses it cause he's stupid, and he covers it cause murica is the mother of capitalism and they couldn't get a beats sponsorship so not fair for them to profit off of the guy.

I love how he is ashamed of it and put a US flag sticker over them

>some shithead jock uses crappy overpriced product
>why don't you?

I dont really see how him being the best swimmer ever makes him a shithead. He seems fairly normal from everything I've seen of him

I'm not retarded and paid to advertise them

I know they aren't terribly mobile, but my Mdr V6s sound fine. Better than any beats ive heard at least. But hey, he likes him, whatever makes him happy.

Because I have a home studio and I don't buy crap like Beats.

>Olympic swimmer
>headphone recommendation

Aside from that, the reason any self respecting person should never buy beats is because beats headphones are marketed heavily, marketing costs money, which is paid for by increasing the cost of the headphones all other things being equal. I.e if you buy beats, more than any other brand, your money is being used to convince you to buy the headphones based on nothing other than ubiquity

no offense, but i think every decision he makes at the olympics are his own or his trainers'. if he is more 'calm' from using some other phones he would use those, assuming they are closed.

he is probably just an audio pleb. studio 2's do happen to be the best beats. OR, another likely scenario, he is listening to (dance or electronic) music with his pace tempo for the sake of preparing to keep pace. and in that case colored bass is good.

>swims 0.05 sec faster than 2nd fastest swimmer
He swims, and that's all he'll ever do. He'll move in water at about walking speed. That is his accomplishment.

Beats are trendy to wear, normies are not that autistic about the sound quality

>He swims, and that's all he'll ever need to do.

ftfy

theguardian.com/media/2012/jul/31/dr-dre-beats-olympic-brand-police

Same shit as in the 2012 Olympics.
TL;DR:
Guerrilla marketing stunt by Beats done to circumvent brand sponsorship regulations enforced by the International Olympic Committee.

because audio technica seems like the non plebeian brand.

IOC forbids display of corporate logos other than those of sponsors and the maker of the athlete's clothing and/or equipments essential for participating in the game.

Audio headphones don't fall into this category, so the logos on them have to be obscured.

And you'll continue to sit in your basement and accomplish nothing of worth

>Implying I'm you

I am very content with my AKG K240s tyvm.

>using overpriced shit headphones

Seriously, my $20 earbuds sound better.

Because I only buy what my animes like.

I saw that too; there was a guy wearing the red ones too.

But did they /beat/ anyone? No.

>animes

THE PLURAL OF ANIME IS ANIME

I'm not an audiophile, so I don't tend to spend much on headphones. That said, I don't tend to associate "olympic swimmer" with "knowledgeable about high quality audio equipment."

>THE PLURAL OF ANIME IS ANIME

W-what?

The majority of americans probably assume that popularity=quality

What a high quality post.

>child that was in a pool since 6 whole his life uses some garbage

why don' you use garbage as well?

Kek

>implying swimming/running/jumping fast is something of worth

>phelps has a beautiful wife, name recognition in almost every american household, an amazing physique, 20 gold discs that say he is the best at what he loves to do, and a net worth of $55 million.

athletics are one of the more basic ways in which one can excel in life, sure, but it sounds like you are being bitter.

[Citation Needed]

Because I'm utilitarian and while I don't think the more recent releases from the Beats brand sound particularly bad, they also don't sound particularly good for the money.

I'll stick to my SRH1540 and SE215.

user are you literally retarded

nah, I just think that actors have more worth
actors at least make something that stays

last profitable olympic games were in 1984

1936*

/thread

You really think he knows anything about headphones? He spends all his time swimming, he doesn't know shit about tech.

>THE PLURAL OF ANIME IS ANIME
Cartoons.

>When they pay you wear beats

This.

They're aren't on his ears what the fuck dude!

i think that was the joke

Dumbass.

Saying anime is like saying "maizes" and "sheeps".

animes*

Bone conduction, m8

Those are Grados