Is it okay to buy a $600 prebuilt desktop with a i76700 and put in a mid range 1060GTX or rx480 later?

Is it okay to buy a $600 prebuilt desktop with a i76700 and put in a mid range 1060GTX or rx480 later?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2987057/computers/how-to-build-a-pc-a-step-by-step-comprehensive-guide.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No dumbass.

I don't know, I don't care, who the fuck cares? Who the fuck are you? Fuck you.

whats wrong shithead todays GPUs draw alot less power

lookup cost of both parts and decide yourself

The fuck is this? How the fuck do we know? Look at the fuckin specs and dimensions of the specific prebuilt and cross-reference them with the fuckin cards you stupid fuck

no, but if you can't be assed to build one and are willing to pay that price for it then go, just do it, do what feels right to you don't come to us for approval

Perfectly fine if you're not an enthusiast who wants bragging rights about building your own PC from scratch

If you're just a casual go for it bud.

its a standard atx mid tower that can just fit in a dual slot graphics card.

Install Gentoo

Yeah, no, I didn't ask you to tell me what the specs were; I told you to cross-reference them and then make the decision. It's a yes or a no, there's no room for opinions here.

Make sure the PSU has sufficient overhead to power the GPU, that's the other consideration.

the OS and M&K plus some bloatware also come included with the prebuilt. probably the only thing you have to worry about is the PSU

Not aspie/autistic enough. You have to do everything from scratch.

how do you grind the sand?

Because its really hard to put together a pc. A fucking retard can do it. Its almost as easy as putting legos together.

First, you have to invent the universe.

probably will have to change psu at most. usually pre builts have shitty power supplies in them. then you can drop in another card. at that point might as well build one yourself since you'll be spending about $850 already with a new gpu and power supply.

Why not pick all the parts and pay the store $20 to assemble it for you?

Yeah, they still won't run on 300W shit PSU. And would you want to run your $250 card with $25 motherboard?

>The power supplies are bare minimal as fuck and need to be replaced if you add shit.
>low number of SATA 3.0 ports
>low number of PCIe slots
>little room for drives
>cheap case
>minimal cooling options
>it isn't any cheaper than making it yourself

>i76700
>1060GTX
LMAO KYS

Prebuilds will cut you somewhere, like giving you an exploding PSU or the cheapest motherboards or both.

Fugg op could build some i5 6400 pair with + 1070.

This thread's 9 hours old bumpfaggots.

Not OP. But I'm looking to feta PC. Would be cool to build my own but how much would it cost?
I'm currently looking at a $600 i3 6100, Gtx 950, 8 gb ram, 240 ssd, prebuilt. Seems like a good deal but I'd really like a i5 but I'm poor.

Do i need thermal glue to build a PC? And weld the cpu in? That's kinda turning me off if I do.

Also how much would an i5 6500, 4gb GPU, 240 ssd cost?

>buy prebuilt
>shit tier PSU that can barely power the machine
>motherboard is some shit tier bollocks that cucks the entire system

Don't be an idiot, build one yourself. It's really easy a literal retard could put a computer together.

To everyone saying building a PC is easy, let me remind you of that one screencap (don't have it on phone) that one literal retard that wasted motherboards, put Tabasco sauce and dice in his computer.

Mind you I've completely taken apart a MacBook and put it back together again (because it's a piece of shit and I was trying to fix it). I should be ok to build a PC?

Researching parts takes much, much, much longer, and you can't just take others' advice on faith because there's always going to be fanboys shilling AMD.

nvm just googled it. Too much shit to fuck up just gonna buy a shitty prebuilt .

Wait for a 25-35% off sale at Dell Outlet. They have one around once a month. Keep checking until a decent XPS comes up. (inventory changes minute by minute). Then throw a GTX 1060 in there if you can afford it, RX 470 if you can't.

I did this for my first computer (a prebuilt ATX HP with a Pentium 4).
I'd say it's a pretty good learning curve beacuse you'll be replacing parts gradually. It can get a bit ghetto though, I ended up having to snap off parts of the case in order to replace HDDs. Some prebuilts have retarded design decisions, but if you buy one that's a decent size you shouldn't have too many issues.
The main problem is they often include a piss-poor PSU that you'll want to replace if you decide to add a GPU later on, so make sure that the included PSU is at least standard size so you can replace it easily. I also guarantee that if you do this, you'll be equipped to build your next PC yourself.

If it has a 500W PSU then it's probably fine.

No, it probably doesn't have the six or eight pin connectors that you need. Most you could get is a PCIe powered RX460

You could go worse than a asus prebuilt, especially for that price. They use asus mobo's and gpu's.

>doesnt have the connectors to use the gpu it comes with.
Kill yourself.

enjoy your chink housefire edition PSU

no glue involved.
no welding.

it's like lego. really expensive lego. Oh the CPU has this thing where you have to put a blob of thermal paste on the top side and then you fix the heatsink on top.

pcworld.com/article/2987057/computers/how-to-build-a-pc-a-step-by-step-comprehensive-guide.html