- 10gbe
- m.2
- 4x4:4 mumimo
- tb3 over usb-c

why don't we have this yet

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5529#ov
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh yeah and obviously i mean consumer grade. fuck you and the xeon you rode in on

do you even have a 10gbe switch at home?

apparently you do not if you're shit talking xeons.

>4x4:4 MUMIMO
Do any consumer routers even support this?

Side note: I work as a consultant and clients ask for this shit all the time and I keep having to explain that all their machines don't support it anyway, and no, you cannot use a 160 MHz wide channel in a high density environment.

This is my current mobo and it's the closest to those specs I've found:
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5529#ov

I guess I could replace the m.2 wifi card (it has two m.2 slots, one for wifi and another on the back for an SSD) if there were a 4x4:4 card available. Don't know any off the top of my head though.

comcast sells 2 gig fiber to the home in my area. not that i have it but it exists. i want to be able to use it

also like with that samsung nvme ssd out now that can read at like 3.5gbps, man, i want greater than 1gbps internet, the internet no longer becomes the obvious slow link in the chain. you could boot off a hard drive on the other side of the world faster than you could boot off one in your computer today

that's why i want it

always moving closer to lain

that one's pretty sweet looking but seems low on usb ports. the pic i posted is mine. i'm pretty happy with it but i was shopping today for an upgrade and there's just nothing compelling enough

i find it annoying that i ask for 10gbe and people act like i'm crazy

>you could boot off a hard drive on the other side of the world faster than you could boot off one in your computer today
No, I have 10GbE fiber and it is still slower than my RAID array. And you can't afford any of the things you mentioned if you can't afford Xeons.

No, you're just poor, people here already have 10GbE

>still slower than my RAID array

keep on keepin on you racist fuck

itx boards are one of the worst memes/jokes of this year
And you retards even fall for this trash, kek

why is it a joke

explain, please

I don't know man, I'm going to get a cheap Asus H110 m-k soon for my first pc build. It's small, it fits into every case, it's got simple and yet nice features, basically it's got all I need.

gigabit ethernet isn't enough for your bitch ass? and they do come with M.2
>- 4x4:4 mumimo
>- tb3 over usb-c
what even is this?

having a fridge-sized pc in the current year is ridiculous unless you have a proper enthusiast rig with like an i7-6950X, 2-4 gpus and heavy duty watercooling

>This is my current mobo and it's the closest to those specs I've found:
>gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5529#ov

has someone actually tested thunderbolt 3 shit on it yet?

last i read they'd installed drivers and everything but nobody had plugged in a device to see if shit actually worked

eyeing it for my itx build in the next few weeks though since there doesn't seem to be anything better yet

mini ITX is the future, ATX is dead and a waste of space. more than 2 way sli/crossfire is dead so why buy a board with 7+ pci-e slots? mATX/mini-itx will be the norm in 5 years.

> 10gbe
I actually kinda get this one, though chances are probably >95% that you don't need it.
> m.2
You can get a lot of boards that try to push this meme port, but using it over SATA or PCI-E is actually just dubious in most cases.
> 4x4:4 mumimo
> tb3 over usb-c
"Speedy" onboard WLAN that is deprecated next season and trashy Thunderbolt 3? Nope.

They don't really have a big technical disadvantage.

Then again, it's not like most people had much problems finding a space for an ATX box either.

It's mostly just what marketing convinced normies how they should require their computers to be as as status symbol. Get small & flat. the "opposite" of what people had that bought computers earlier.

Its not. he likes things to be big and like those bright lights and 'xtreme' gamer graphics cause it makes him feel cool.

I got the n-wifi, it does me pretty well
I have a m2, and once it gets to windows, it loads in about 1 second. Is there a way to speed POST, or am i doomed to being throttled by my mobo

I like little things, i got a little computer, a little girlfrien. It makes my dick look super big when i fuck it

>I got the n-wifi, it does me pretty well
Me too, Only thing that I don't like is that it has 4pin motherboard power so I can't overclock as much but overall very nice motherboard. I use WiFi and point it at my router which is less than 50cm away.

>I have a m2, and once it gets to windows, it loads in about 1 second. Is there a way to speed POST, or am i doomed to being throttled by my mobo
Also with that mobo turn on fast boot it skips the gigabyte screen and boots straight to windows from memory, I had to reset CMOS after doing it because I fucked up with a setting and couldn't get back to the UEFI

Im not to worried about overclocking my cpu, considering my i5 2500k lasted well for about 5 years. Also i was pretty limited to what i could get from msy, and an asus rog vii ranger was too expensive

Yeah me either, 6700k at stock speeds works real nice and great upgrade from a i7 860.

>msy

Do they still exist? I only shop at Scorptec or PCCG now, Mwave if they have a good deal going.

Msy is in cheltenham, and a bunch of other places. If they have what you want, they have it cheapest, though i did have to get my core v1 case from scorptec clayton

Oh right, Scorptec usually post for less than $20 so I go with them and RMAing through scorptec has always been great. What are your specs?

> I have a m2, and once it gets to windows, it loads in about 1 second.
Basically the same as a SATA SSD or PCI-E SSD also would do, except with memeport 2.

> Is there a way to speed POST
Possibly your BIOS has some settings? Or maybe you can even install coreboot on your hardware.

On the other hand, this is not worth doing unless you boot the machine a fucking lot.

Better drop shit / optimize the user space that probably continues to load for like 15-30 seconds after you are booted to desktop.

Might try mini ITX for my second PC just for Media centre stuff.
waiting for iGPU's to get better to take advantage of onboard iGPU for my UHD 1080p DVD movies and maxout late 1999 DOS games on my 55" TV at reasonable frames.

always wanted to try a budget build in 2016.

Thermaltake core v1
I5 6600k
16 gb ddr4 3200 hz
Gigabyte z170-n wifi
Gtx 970 dc mini
Semi modular 600 W psu
Samsung m2 pro 512
2 tb of hdd.

Gonna get a gtx 1170 in a year or two. I really like the small size of the case, fits into one of the nooks of my desk. Gets 90 fps on overwatch at epic settings

Pretty much nothing continues to load after it boots to desktop. Once the desktop appears, its good to go

Yeah that's why I went with Mini-ITX, It fits on my desk and is smaller than my monitor which is cool

Fractal Design Nano S
i7 6700k
16gb hyperx 2666mhz
Gigabyte z170-n wifi
msi gtx 1070
corsair rm650x
2x 240gb ssds, 1 OS 1 steam games
4tb hdd

I think this PC will last a long time and should run everything decently. Going to buy a 1440p 144hz ips display eventually since this big bulky 1200p display from 2006 is dying. I'll probably do a custom loop in it a year or so from now and go nuts with it because I won't buy any other case than this 1 unless they do a revision.

Go mini itx, you won't regret it unless you need to use more than 1 pci-e slot. nano s is sexy.

Well, you can not have anything I guess, but that's not the case for most machines I've seen, which then load everything from chrome and office background services over 3rd party Antivirus' to Steam and social network crap.

Anyhow. if there is no such thing on your machine that's fine, then it's just probably not really worth optimizing anything at all.

Heres how im set up atm, my computer is that dark patch behing the vertical monitor.

I don't have a setup pic ATM but this is my PC.

What keyboard is that? I should upgrade from the dell one i use.

Nice cable management. the inside of my case looks like a forest. Its a corsair K95, one of the old non-rgb ones. it does everything well, though like a shill i got a bunch of macro buttons i dont use. It has survived numerous drink spills, and i can choose which keys are lit, which helped when i was starting to touch type.

Thanks. Sounds like a good keyboard. I was going to look at a topre type heaven but they aren't for sale in Aus from the research i've done. Maybe a Ducky keyboard will do.

is there a decent AM3+ itx with crossfire?

>is there a decent AM3+
No.

This has to be b8, no one can be this dumb.

piss off intel shill.

do amd even have any itx boards though? and itx only has a single pci-e slot, dunno if you can use a splitter, but if you can it would only be for buttcoin mining, get matx if you want crossfire

australia pls

>production Enterprise-class Wi-Fi gear.

You have no idea why 4x4:4 mumimo is a meme do you?

Looks like you really fall for buzzwords.