ZEN MASTER RACE! 15% faster than a 4790

Where where you when AMD came back and fucked intel in its ass?

>nvidia shills on suicide watch
>intel slaves on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.anandtech.com/threads/first-summit-ridge-zen-benchmarks.2482739/page-4#post-38414448
overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2848033/
overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2848030/
overclock.net/t/1139571/official-amd-bulldozer-reviews-thread
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>a 2016 CPU can beat a CPU that's literally three years old

Wow its another AMD shill thread
My i7 2600k still gives me good performance in all the games I play
AMD processors are a joke
Ashes of the Singularity is an "AMD" game meaning it will be optimized better for AMD stuff anyway.
This whole brandwhore shit is killing the tech and games industry. One game gets optimized for AMD and it runs like shit for Intel/Nvidia and vice versa.

I want it to be true, I really do.
But we both know this is just AMD fantasy.

D..D..DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW, ILL CALL THIS S.SHILLS!!!

You're a retard.
Intel and AMD processors have the same fucking instruction sets so you physically cannot optimise for one other the other. Unless you're suggesting that AMD designed their processors JUST for AOTS.

4/8 and 6/12 core processors are the future, AMD is just going to get stronger as time goes on.

>15% faster than 4790
>losing to 4790

Phew lad.
It sure is a big jump, but it's competitor isnt haswell or devils canyon. Its competitor is kaby lake and broadwell E

More like they optimized their GPUs to run better on games like AOTS or i believe the new Deus Ex or Tomb Raider

>cannot optimise for one other the other
Unless you're Intel and make your compiler fuck with competitor cpus.

>AMD just now getting around to competing with intel's 2014 processors
damn this industry is fucked.

forums.anandtech.com/threads/first-summit-ridge-zen-benchmarks.2482739/page-4#post-38414448

The shill who started spreading FUD about the Summit Ridge ES being behind Sandy Bridge got called out for cherry picking questionable benches, and got his shit slapped by a mod.
Ultimately the AoTS benches mean nothing, but on face value it showed a 3ghz~ Summit Ridge performing something like 80% better than the FX 8350.

Instruction set support is not the same as instruction set implementation. Learn how compilers and cflags work.

All that matters is the price.

Besides even with the Neo and Scorpio upgrades, consoles (which dictate gaming graphics) have CPUs way worse than Zen.

Well yeah if you control the fucking industry you can cripple competitors with 'Genuine_intel', but that's a different issue.

Go back to your consolewar threads, Sup Forumsbaby

Wait but that pic shows Zen being behind Intel in most AMD shilled game in existence.

You're right, but there was a time when benchmarks did a check for intel and if it wasn't found performed worse for no other reason.

Removed that code and performance increased magically.

Summit Ridge is competing against Haswell-E and the mid range 6 core Broadwell-E.

>most amd shilled game
You mean a multi core game?

That's an i5 it beat, which is outdated for future.

I care because emulators. My sister works for intel, but i will take the highest possible IPC available, even if i can get a 6950x for 750 dollars.

AMD is the king of benchmarks that mean nothing, nvidia is merely a prince of meaningless benchmarks.

>faster than 4790
thats not what u have in ur picture famlam o.0

Wow that's like 40% faster than an 8350 and is only clocked at 2.8GHz

I don't get the hype. Worse than 4790 which you can buy for less than $250. From what I've heard summit ridge is gonna be expensive as fuck.

did anyone notice these two?
overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2848033/
overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2848030/

they're both ran in standard, both at the same resolution, and both 8 core 16 threads. but they're different ES samples.

one is ES 1D2801A2M88E4 and scores 5,300.
the other is ES 2D2801A2M88E4 and scores 3,100.

wccftech does touch on this but they decided to completely ignore the 202801A2M88E4 results.
>There doesn’t seem to be any difference at first sight between the 1D and 2D variants. They are both purportedly clocked at the same rates and the only difference that we can see is the fact that the 2D variant fares much worse in terms of performance. ..................
>In any case, because of these reasons, I decided to focus on the 1D variant for our comparison.

clearly these are indeed ES samples and being ES samples we cannot truly gauge zen's performance since they have TWO ES samples floating around with drastic performance differences between the two. these are not finished zen products, only test, ENGINEERING samples.

also to note the 1D in the leaked order part number of the ES sample showed the 1D versions with a base of 2.8 and a boost of 3.2. but in ashes we don't exactly know what speeds they're running at and if its turbo is activated and if it is, is it being maintained. we also don't know how many cores are activated. its all guess. we don't know much at all. ashes only reports the default cpuid infor.

with the 2D sample we don't know anything about it outside of ashes showing it too as a 8 core 16 thread zen processor.

and that's the point, we don't exactly know anything about these ES samples. its all guess. we don't know much at all.

that means it beats skylake as well you dumbass. clock for clock its about 8% faster than skylel

Who knows, but it does have the Wraith cooler on it.

I hope for the best for AMD and ZEN I really do and if it's great then I'll look into making me a new pure AMD rig but till then I'm sitting snugly over here with my i7 so I'm good either way.

>AOTS
why do amemede shills only use this game for comparing against NVIDIA or Intel??

Don't feel bad, you i5 fags have your old DX11 games to play.

>4790

don't tell me zen can only beat stock clock 4790, 4790 is like 2 years old cpu.

You make it sound like Intel E cpu are cheap.

Please don't do this to yourself again AMD fans, its the same story like the RX480 don't let Rajesh trick you with the hype benchmarks again.

AotS is a game that can fully utilize an 8 core CPU. The fact that it's not 2x as fast as the 4790 is in this benchmark is the disappointment. Zen is most likely only 20-30% faster than current FX 83xx chips clock for clock and seems to have lost most of the frequency scaling that came with those housefire architectures.

this

2D is worse than the bulldozer benchmarks and the other is slightly faster than a i5 haswell.

clearly these are not finished products. engineering samples be engineering samples.

see

looks like I was right about it beating Haswell i5
but this is only a engineering sample its not the final product
but it gives us a clear indicators on where it (Zen) sits roughly speaking.

the fact that it's an ES doesn't matter, it's A0 stepping and AMD doesn't have time to respin before launching (because it takes 6+ months to manfacture and retest and validate etc).

best case is that there was some showstopping errata that degrades performance like the TLB bug, worst case zen turns out to be another bulldozer.

>believing "leaked" benchmarks

Did you all forget about how bad AMD fucked Bulldozer up?

AMDrone always overhype everything

Wow. who could have foreseen AMD dissappointing again?

Like I've been saying for years, AMD is only able to deliver disappointment.

The Summit Ridge ES CPU scores were right behind the scores of a stock i7 5960X.
Being an ES does in fact matter, because things like the NB might not be running at full speed. Any part of the uncore could be barely functional.

AoTS is a useless bench
and you're a shitty shill

>The Summit Ridge ES CPU scores were right behind the scores of a stock i7 5960X.

no they weren't, they were on par with a stock clocked i7-980.

>Being an ES does in fact matter, because things like the NB might not be running at full speed. Any part of the uncore could be barely functional.

it's the launch stepping. AMD can't respin before launch without pushing it back or putting out defective chips on day 1 (if they're actually defective and not just bad by design).

they have two 8 core / 16 thread ES samples floating around with drastic performance differences.

one is WORSE than bulldozer and the other with 8 cores and 16 threads is sightly faster than a 4 core 4 thread haswell i5.

if these are final samples then this makes zen an absolute failure.

its actually WORSE than bulldozer in performance with either sample because it takes a 8 core and 16 threaded zen processor to outperform bulldozers 8 core 8 threads only.

clearly, these are not final samples nor give a valid representation of zen at all.

>Bulldozer fucked up
in syntetic benchmarks and maybe 2 games not by its self
it bet the i5's of that era for 2 Gen's

AMD was only i5 tier anyway lol

And i'm a ex-intel shill so embrassing to tell another shill off.

look at the clockspeed you dumbass

I knew you were the exact same shitposting child from earlier, you're regurgitating the exact same bullshit word for word.
The results linked by that faggot Sweeper were overclocked, not at their stock clocks.
The Summit Ridge ES was only slightly behind a stock i7 5960X.

Feel free to keep regurgitating his debunked bullshit though. Its likely that you are him anyway.

Zen was supposed to be HEDT, yet it can't even beat 2 generations old mainstream Intel products in a parallelized game and it's ~1/2 the perf of actual HEDT products.

>The Summit Ridge ES was only slightly behind a stock i7 5960X.

[citation needed]

OP pic shows Zen as ~50% slower than a 5960x despite having higher clock speed.

AMD must be stuck in some warped dimension. They just keep releasing useless GPUs and CPUs thinking it's 2012-2014.

>it bet the i5's of that era for 2 Gen's

Wat

It was on par with the 2500K for the most part but not beating it.

Also if you go anywhere else other than Sup Forums or read basically any review of release Bulldozer is was WIDELY regarded a dissapointment

overclock.net/t/1139571/official-amd-bulldozer-reviews-thread

>And i'm a ex-intel shill so embrassing to tell another shill off.

Not a shill, I care about performance

the i5 of last gen i5-750 and i5 760

the 2500k was only beating in single thread and alittle on multi thread so its meh teir..

Who cars anyway bulldozer should of been aborted on release.
I owned a bulldozer I don't need to read shit.

pretty much this

after all the whole reason why amd ditched cmt and went back to a smt design was to focus on, and increase single threaded performance.

if these benchmarks are legit, it clearly shows zen performing worse in single threaded performance over bulldozer with both ES samples.

it makes zero sense for amd to release zen at all if its worse than bulldozer in single threaded performance.

yeah i agree with this does NOT at all represents a finished zen. its just a testing chip. kinda does indeed show this is NOT a launch sample that this op wants to proclaim. two ES samples with such varying results alone shows this.

>it bet the i5's of that era for 2 Gen's

That Era was the 2500k nigga what

>Who cars anyway bulldozer should of been aborted on release.

You should be aborted

Oh god the false-flagging has already begun.

Yes that's it. Build up unrealistic expectations and crank up the Hype. Then when it's released and it's pretty much what they said it was going to be you can all cry about AMD lies.

>it makes zero sense for amd to release zen at all if its worse than bulldozer in single threaded performance.

you say that but Bulldozer was actually worse than Phenom

Someone tl;dr this shit for me, please. Wasn't zen pushed back to Q1 2017? How do we have benchmarks?

They should have just kept updating the Athlons instead of wasting a ton of money on Bulldozer

Nothing was delayed, this too is pure FUD.

A guy with no connections to AMD got a hold of one of the test systems AMD had at Computex Taipei, and someone eventually found his AoTS profile where his benchmark runs were recorded on it.

You mean Phenom right?

cause Phenom was an amazing time to be alive.

Yes, but Phenom was just a minor update to the K8 CPUs, not an entirely different architecture like Bulldozer.

So the benches are legit?

You mean phenom II, right? Since Phenom I was a disaster

Legit engineering samples.

How much faster is it than my dual 2670 v0?

Thanks for explaining.

Wew i never bothered to look at the actual game. Looks like modern supreme commander. Is it good?

AYYMDFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>TFW when you faggots overhype this and it underperforms.

Next thing I know some faggots are going to start hyping OC'ing and getting FX9590 levels of OC'ing.

No it's just another total commander clone

>muh price to performance!
Zen will be half the price of the i7s it is competing against and AMD fanboys will be like
>paying twice the price for 20% more performance

I agree. It's time to stop hyping AMD until they deliver.

It's a fair point though, why should everyone look to use the latest unlocked i7?

I thought 2D was the mobile variant?

To get rid of AMD driver overhead

Because I would rather have that 20% extra performance than pay even more to get a dual socket board to stick two cheaper processors in.

Just like 480 is price to performance king while being as expensive as 15 percent faster 1060 and 50 quid more expensive than 3% slower stock 970 ey?

Look, Zen is shaping up to be a good chip but we have no fucking clue how it scales with clock speed and we have no clue what intel has hiding in the wings as a counter to it.

Relax, take a break and make yourself a bloody cup of tea. Don't get so hyped over a chip that isn't even in final silicon yet.

>>You should be aborted

Little late for that, don'tcha think?

Literally everything in this thread makes me think that Zen will be biggest AMD fuck up yet, how to hell you came to opposite conclusion.

So long as their 8 core 16 thread CPU is close to intel's performance at 50% of the price they'll be fine

Depends on where you live. Some countries overprice the 1060.

He's an i7 6700k fag so he doesn't understand.

Look at the fury x and pro duo

You're expecting amd to not be retarded when it comes to the pricing.

Greater than Haswell IPC, 8 physical cores and 16 threads at AMD prices.

I'm getting real tired of my 2500k and really there isn't any point upgrading to intel's mainstream chips, Zen might finally represent a value for money upgrade that gives me something MORE than my current chip in real terms without requiring me to move to an expensive premium platform like LGA2011.

Plus, Zen based APUs could be a big step up for small form factor media computers and mid-sized laptops in terms, current AMD APUs are hampered by being tied to the god awful bulldozer core, a GCN 4.0 + ZEN based APU would help rebalance that.

Fury X is now $400, Radeon Pro Duo was meant for VR Devs because they let it use workstation or gaming drivers, was retarded at $1500 of course though

Hopefully they don't fuck up with Vega, it should have HBM2 which they should do well with given their experience with the Fury Cards

>Hopefully they don't fuck up with Vega
This is AMD we're talking about

What's it like to believe in fakes? Fucking AMDPOORFAGGOT RETARDS

This can't be fake because it shows AMD's processor sucking

There's no Indians in the CPU division, they had a team of actually competent poos in 2010, they designed the first Jaguar core and soon were poached by Samsung

It's 100% fake because AMD is incompetent and AMD is literally 120% slower in IPC than Intel NOW and anyone expecting that to go back to 10% is LITERALLY retarded

I believe! If nothing else my Fury X should last me a good while for my 1080p 144hz display. Really need to replace this FX chip though, hopefully AMD doesn't fuck up Zen either, otherwise I'll have to go X99

>muh yurop pricing

Is Vega RX 490 or 580?

AMDRONES SERIOUSLY BELIEVE ZEN IS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN ANY CURRENT INTEL CPU

LMAO

Pro Duo is priced the way it is because, much like the Titan X, it's a workstation card. Not meant for consumers. It's geared towards content creation, while being capable of gayming, and supports shit from both the Radeon and Firepro series.

FUCK AMD!!
AMD IS GARBAGE

>FX9590 levels of OC'ing
But user, that's an OC'd FX8320.

Wtf i hate amd now

Vega is probably going to be called Rage following Fury

RX 490 is probably just a dual 470 or 480 card

and there's probably a $140 3 TFLOP 465 coming eventually

gj mr amd