pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00AOIRCI6/
amazon.co.uk/Water-Resistant-VicTsing-Mechanical-Keyboard-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01D41O5P2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470926690&sr=8-1&keywords=victsing keyboard
modelfkeyboards.com/product/original-ibm-industrial-space-saving-keyboard-part-1395682/
youtube.com/watch?v=TSOfjSF5I3s
allegro.pl/happy-hacking-professional-2-dark-gray-non-printed-i6406272214.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my keyboard is currently typing 2 different characters on 1 key press 'g' will input 'bg' and h will input 'nh'
is it fugged?

filco majestouch 2 browns

3 or 4 years old now

Did you clean it yet?

How did I do? Managed to find it on ebay for $60 and in America.

yes

Topre or ergonomic? Topre or ergonomic...

depends on what ergonomic, i'd probably rather go topre unless its like an ergodox with zealios

Gonna do my first diy board

Found this thing for ~$3, it's just really old switches + keycaps. It looks exactly like IMSAI IKB-1 Keyboard except some keycaps are different and it was AZERTY before I cleaned it up and rearranged.

Switches feel kinda clunky but caps are great, that's why I want to made a working board out of this. It only has copper pins so I will have to solder everything. Now, what are my options? Lot of special chars are swapped so Teensy seems like the best choice. Any advice to buying it, like can I get it from aliexpress (10 bucks cheaper than mechanicalkeyboards.com)? And I saw there are 2.0 and 3.0, which is better?

Forgot pic

Well, I do have a budget of about $250-$300. An Ergodox with Zealios sounds great, but I'm afraid I might strain the budget, especially as I'm in Europe.

literally how? this shit doesn't even look "gam3r tm"

You could always go for a regular realforce

Anyone know of an easy way to mod a Ducky Shine 3 TKL? I want to paint it, and perhaps swap some of my dead LEDs out. Are there any compatible alu cases out there, or should I just paint what I have? I think I can handle the LEDs, but I'd rather get a case before I start.

amazon.com/dp/B00AOIRCI6/
I didn't like this keyboard because of the tenkeyless shit, but since you are looking for it, it's right around your budget also it's on a deal right now.
amazon is pretty chill on returning shit.

Decided to risk it and order one. Not the most knowledgeable to comment, but I will post feedback once it arrives in about 3 weeks.

>Budget
100€ - 150€ (max)

>Location
Finland

>Preferred switch type (from most preferred to least preferred)
Black, clear, or red

>Layout
Nordic

>Form factor
100% full keyboard

>Backlight
Would be cool

>Previous/current keyboards
A shitty Logitech wireless rubber dome

Yes

What keycaps fit the Model M?

I should also add that I've never, ever had a mechanical keyboard

Have you ever, ever tried a mechanical keyboard? I'm pretty sure you can test the switches, at least the Reds, on some "gamer" keyboards in stores.

Why do 90% of mechanical keyboards come without the numpad?
I thought the whole point to them was to he productive and not counter productive

I have never, ever used a numpad in my life, and most people who don't do serious number crunching don't really need one (or can simply use one as a layer), whereas it takes up a lot of space - and people value minimalism/portability.

I might end up doing so, but since I'm more into light switches I'm stuck between the "variable/ergonomically weighted" and "45g" variants. I seem to side more with the former, being a heavy typist, but I can't help but wonder if it's actually that great - I'd love to hear especially from someone who owned both.

>Have you ever, ever tried a mechanical keyboard?
Yes, at my friend's house. He had red switches.

It's here, anyone want to play a pointless game of guess the switch?

Clears

>muh numberpad

how often do you use it?
>inb4 videogames

browns

Congrats, one of the memiest switches around- feels breddy gud though

Sorry m8, not your day today :^)

Now all I need are some nice PBT caps, hopefully this'll be the first and last board I'll ever buy

>hopefully this'll be the first and last board I'll ever buy
get out

>get cherry brown off ebay
>my slow typing is too fast for the keyboard and it drops keystrokes
feels badman

I used a numberpad at my job because it was faster to type the numbers into the computer like that but thats it

I wish I could just saw them off from my keyboard and be done with it

Don't know why pic is puside down, but anyways.
This baby arrived in the mail today! I got it used for a reasonable price, but it's in very good conditions.
I plugged it into my laptop because I was so eager to try it out and I'm amazed. It's my first mechanical keyboard and typing on it feels awesome. I also tried to play some match at TF2 and it was divine! A guy her3 once told me that Cherry X blue sometimes fail to register when the same key is pressed consequently but honesty I didn't experience this problem. Now I just can't wait to build my pc and plug this keyboard into the PS/2 port.

>made in taiwan
money well spent...

-.-

>ssk "holy fuck" edition
so is unicomp finally releasing their tenkeyless?

It's all just an elaborate ruse

>july 22
what, 2014? like seriously, fucking unicomp.... they could probably even price it higher than their current models and it would still sell like cupcakes

Bump

Teensy 2.0 vs 3.1?

Ok to buy from aliexpress?

hello friend,
i had a das keyboard it was nice,
few days ago i bought this: amazon.co.uk/Water-Resistant-VicTsing-Mechanical-Keyboard-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01D41O5P2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470926690&sr=8-1&keywords=victsing keyboard

it's pretty good especially for the money, u can choose between 2 or 3 switches i use blue.
with the rest of the money you can buy nordic key caps if you want, i blind type in english so my german layout doesn't bother me.
will use the extra money for nice key caps :^)

>Nordic
>ANSI

That's gonna work just swell. He needs ISO.

i think a lot of people would pay around $150-200

for that kind of money I could buy an original ssk
100-150 seems more reasonable

Neither, get an Arduino Pro Micro. 3$ from AliExpress, more than capable to run keyboards.

try finding one for 200 that isn't fucked in some way

mine took some work to get it usable

Should I be worried?
According to google maps Willington CT is only 40 minutes away from here, there is another fedex facility 30min away from there but I haven't had an update since.

Also the scheduled delivery time was extended by two days till Monday the 15th, which doesn't make sense since its so close to me

how do the MX clear switches compare to the browns in terms of noise and feel? I have tried MX greens and they feel mushy as hell. I want to make sure before I dump another $100 on regret

MX greens are a pretty hard to come by so you could try selling it to some clueless loser on Craigslist and get some of your money back.
Also if you like to mash on you switches then don't get browns since you really can't feel the tactile bump. Clears have a heavier spring which makes it easier to feel if you are a heavy typist.

>has package in post
>"Should I be worried?"
literally why nigga just wait

after using browns for 5 years I got tired of them. I tried greens at the opposite end of the spectrum and they felt not as nice and crisp as I had hoped. is the bump on the clears alot more pronounced than the browns? if the clears are just like the greens without the click then I'll probably pass...

>Should I be worried?
About what?

Best place to get an hhkb in yurope?

where do you find SSKs for $100s? I can only find some for $1000+

are you talking about the industrial ones because those do sell for $1000+
modelfkeyboards.com/product/original-ibm-industrial-space-saving-keyboard-part-1395682/

now looking at ebay shows that a new in box ssk costs $600

only absolute fucking morons pay that much, this one has been sitting for ~18 months with no buyer

the real market value is closer to 700, but even then I'd never buy a membrane IBM for that price

>making a keyboard model out of plasticine so that I could measure dimensions and input them into CAD model
>when making the last key realize the switch won't fit there
Fug. I suppose 4 is the maximum number of keys that can be comfortably managed by thumb.

You're overexaggerating with that 90%.

>PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

you think thats loud. you ain't heard nothing yet

I gave up on trying to get one of those things and I got a Novatouch instead.

one day i'll make a g80-3000 TKL mod

I broke an MX Blue switch.
It sheared the blue cross shaped stem off the switch.

Can I just pop the top of the switch off, replace the blue stem with one from a new switch?
I wont have to unsolder it or anything?
It does have an LED installed

it depends if the switches are PCB or plate mounted, if they are PCB mounted you can do it without soldering: youtube.com/watch?v=TSOfjSF5I3s

You should just be able to remove the switch top and put in a new stem.

I almost bought one, but went for a ducky one instead.

So are unicomp keyboards good?

I was thinking about getting the PC 122 with left function key.

also a good choice, i got the g80 because i love the aesthetics of the oversized board, kinda grew on me from all the flea market cherry collecting runs

Unicomp keyboards are better then anything cherry shits out. The originals are still better, but they cost around 50 bucks more and require an adapter to work

I actually bought it but it was too massive so I returned it

Hey lads, anyone got experience modifying the model F-122? I know it has all the mounting holes for a standard ANSI layout, which is nice, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to cut the plate out and replace it with the one from an M13, giving me a 122 key board with ANSI layout and (crucially) a trackpoint. The lack of buttons isn't a problem; I'll just drill holes and mount some tact switches (probably three, for left/right/both, since the m13 doesn't have a third button natively)

Can someone explain this to me. Like why is this key so expensive? It doesn't look special.

>topre
>click clack

There is your answer.

your statement doesnt make sense
if you're a heavy typist you'd want to have a 45g uni because the variable RF has a mix of 35 and 45g and would only mean that you would be bottoming out(super unergonomic if you press hard) on all the 35g switches
most people dont end up liking the variable RF boards
45g is where its at brother

this is even worse

are there any modern keyboards with omron ambers in them?

very nice

The industrial model m from ModelFKeyboards was sold to me. I think he has one left but I'm pretty sure he isn't selling it.

I guess that it doesn't fit my usage pattern much - the general idea of the variable is that weaker fingers hit weaker keys evening it all out, I heard. Is that wrong/marketbabble? But that doesn't work in gaming (not a concern at all for me, I game very rarely and very casually).

The only thing that bothers me about the 45g is that The Keyboard Company's selection of 45g Topres is horrible. It's either the Type Heaven (eh), the HiPro (not that good for touch typing) or the 88UB. The 88UB is nice, though. I guess I could go for that one.

Importing from the US is out of the question as it's much more expensive (taxes) and the cheaper British pound also helps me afford the keyboard.

I want a modern USB SSK with a trackpoint.

If you're in Poland or know someone there, someone on Allegro is selling a barely used HHKB for $170: allegro.pl/happy-hacking-professional-2-dark-gray-non-printed-i6406272214.html

So... I was wondering, is it possible to make steel plates using a Dremel for cuts? I'm broke af and cannot afford to use laser/cnc services and pre-made keyboards cost too much too

Has it made you pro at vidya gaymes yet xD

>Pok3r with backlight and abs or without backlight and pbt
wich one?
same price.

Where are the Unicomp SSKs? Why is that company sitting on a goldmine and doing nothing about it?

They don't deserve to have the rights to that patent. What a fucking waste. They could be selling SSKs for $150 in massive volumes.

You can cut mild steel with a dremel, it is probably not going to look very neat but you can do it.

Theres one on my local classifieds right now for $70 CAD lmao

>tfw bought a set of gmk hyperfuse today

At least if I get buyer's remorse I can flip it ezpz.

>tfw will never find a non-gaymer MX Blue keyboard 10 key less keyboard in Latin America layout

Fuck this, Imma build my own

PBT.

who here hype to get the tada68?
I know I am :D
pls b gud

How much does this one cost?

Is it possible to buy an older IBM keyboard and just put in your own caps? which switch do they use?

sorry if retard question. Just wondering if possible to buy one and add your own keys and which they use

Only posting to say I have use rubberdome, buckling spring, and several cherry switches, and Topre is better than all of them.

Topre is rubberdome, and it's shit. BTC sliders feel just as good LMAO

what you know about this?

Maybe buy the backlight and buy a PBT DSA apart its the best choice

ABS will get shiny in about the same time as those legends wear.
And?

Well, after two weeks using a HHKB, consider me a convert.

this desu

And topre keyboards cost a fuck load whereas BTC boards can be picked up for $5. Topre users are idiots.

And you ignore quite a few factors that contribute to that price. You're not going to claim that a Lexus drives just as well as a Kia are you? They're both basically the same right?