/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Old thread: →

>New to /ptg/? Have an inquiry? Consult the wiki or the PDF before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
a.pomf.cat/ameuju.pdf

>If you have a question check Google and if you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

>What.CD interview info:
whatinterviewprep.com/ and the wiki

>Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup:
pastebin.com/dD3cqWKc

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before
>staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>sneaky bastards will try to convince you into believing that cheating can be evaded, it can't and you will be banned with those bastards laughing at you
>people may report emails and other personal info posted here to staff to get you banned
>don't respond to anime posters, they are known to ruin threads and shitpost, report and ignore.
>most of the invite offers here are people trolling you with false hope - begging for invites is a waste of time and you should just interview at What.cd
>Easy way to elite on What.cd = whatbetter+search 2016 flac albums on better.php

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4x0nt1/jc3_xl_seyter_has_bitcoin_miner/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for best girl

Which anime

Monster Musume

checked

Yes, I'm loving every laugh.

Does SDBits have a freeleech/bonus system?

t. Rakeesh

>oppaicuks

Did you guys hear the news about a Bitcoin miner within a game installer getting uploaded to private trackers like BCG and GGn along with all the public trackers?

Hope you didn't get it.

Meanwhile, GGn has notified their users.

>Recently it has been found that a number of repacks of Denuvo-bypassed games done by Seyter had a bitcoin miner included in the install. 2 of these repacks were uploaded to the site and have since been deleted. Unfortunately, many users here downloaded those games while they were still on-site.

>As these torrents were deleted before news of the bitcoin miner was released, we have no way to contact just the people who snatched that game, hence this public announcement.

>If you downloaded Just Cause 3 XL Edition RePack-SEYTER OR Far.Cry.3.Blood.Dragon.MULTi2.RePack-SEYTER and installed the repack, you should check your computer for a bitcoin miner. If you got any other recent repacks from Seyter elsewhere, I'd recommend checking those games as well. Better safe than sorry!

>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

thoughts/opinions on BitHQ?

You can literally just ask on OT IRC and get in.

That was posted on Reddit, therefore it must not be true and should be ignored

i get my invitation 2 months ago

i was trying to upload a few JAV's but tbfh their upload rules are retarded

No wonder why they keep asking for uploaders.

Even the tag system is retarded

Then go to some curry site with shitty tags and un-organized files.
>type diaper in search on any other site
>get boys and grils
>type diaper:female
>get only grils on OT
What is the problem? Stop being a lazy cunt.

WEB-DL, HDTV, or scene Blu-Ray?

What if there is no Blu-Ray available?

Yes but it loads blazingly fast and has daily backups for our extensive population of 1000+ users to enjoy

>Then go to some curry site with shitty tags and un-organized files.

un-organized files >>>>>> no files at all

>Yes but it loads blazingly fast

ofc it loads faster.

your traffic is just 10 /ptg/ fags

TtN loads super fast too

Stop disrespecting our technologically superior tracker setup

Give me your username right now

>Give me your username right now

lmao, i don't want nips, thanks for the offer :)

Your life must be hell.

Did you know you've been mistyping "caret" like a retard for months?

>your traffic is just 10 /ptg/ fags

Stay delusional

What now?
I don't play vidya often, what are some good games for low end computers (absolute shit)?

I already have all of the 'retro' game packs, put them on my raspberry pi. Pretty great so far.
inb4

Give invite please.

>Torrents: 7,588
(1 year = 7588 torrents)

Stay delusional

>TtN loads super fast too

Does HDB still recruit from SDBits?
Or are there unofficial invites?

You can join SDB from HDB by clicking a link but you can't do the same on SDB. (Obviously)
Apparently they recruit you from there if they like you but I doubt it

Is Jpopsuki curry?

It's unorganized shit but it's the only jpop/Korean tracker we have.

kinda yeah, it's the staff
they don't even have a sysop

Should I call someone out for fucking up my request, or just let them keep the bounty and pretend nothing is wrong? I feel bad confronting him about it when he was trying to help...

PM him

But you see the differences between those posts are those one has concrete evidence. Nice try.

Unfill it yourself and give a reason.

Please don't advertise this kind of things on Sup Forums, it's a shame!

If you didn't get what your request specified, unfill it

If you didn't get what you wanted because your request didn't specify, leave it filled and make a new one explaining exactly how it should be filled

Most of these morons are just trying to game the system for free upload

I suppose it can't be helped that the definition of concrete evidence changes depending on the subject

Nah, my request specified pretty specifically what it was for, even to the point of saying "don't upload [wrong thing], I am looking for [right thing] instead" and he uploaded [wrong thing] that I had specifically said I didn't need...

But I still feel bad unfilling it since he did try to help, and honestly I doubt someone else would have filled it anyway so I dunno, maybe I'll just leave it alone and try requesting it on another tracker.

Unfill it, the only person he was trying to help was himself

>Account Age: 5 Months 4 Week
>Requirement: 6 Months

S-Should I send it, /ptg/?

so much this

i hate when retards do this (EMP)

just wait a few days

Wait, idiot

Generally Bluray > WEB-DL > HDTV

Are you some kind of loser or something? He didn't fill the request, so unfill it. If he keeps trying to fill it, tell the staff.

whats the advantage of a private tracker?
are they for niche things?

When people fill a request with something they shouldn't that is clearly stated by the requester, they either didn't care enough to read and just rushed to grab an easy bounty or they do know and are simply trying to collect from someone who won't check or has gone inactive

People who are genuinely trying to help but don't have exactly what you asked for will upload whatever they have and comment on your request with a link to it

Everyone thinks they're smarter than everyone else

Sometimes. There are private trackers specialized in niche things. There are also private trackers that are more generalized. I would say the main benefits of private trackers are:

1) More organized. This depends on the tracker but on a lot of trackers (especially gazelle-based ones) content is organized and grouped together intelligently making things MUCH easier to keep track of and find. For example on a game tracker you might find all releases of the game, patches, DLC, cracks, trainers, artbooks and added material, all there on the same page, no need to sort through a clusterfuck of torrents. In a TV tracker you might find all the episodes or seasons of one show organized together in the same way and separated by resolution or encoding. It makes life much easier.

2) Members are more motivated. Pretty much a given, and it means both that people will rush to upload new content as fast as possible and that they will try to seed it as long as they can. It is unusual to find a lot of dead torrents on a well run private tracker, and many users rent seedboxes that they use to help host large swathes of content for easy downloading. Most private trackers also have some form of request system allowing users to request content they want to see uploaded to the site, and these will more often than not (if the content is readily available) be filled before too long by other users.

3) Content is better moderated. Shitty releases will usually be quickly removed, things like viruses or bitcoin miners won't tend to last long and people are more motivated to not upload shitty content in the first place because they know it will probably get removed. This doesn't mean a torrent on a private tracker is 100% safe, but I would definitely trust it more than a torrent on a random pub tracker.

Continued

4) Security. This one is really debatable, since copyright cops COULD go after the private trackers if they wanted to, but my opinion at the moment is that there's always a bit of benefit to not being one of the lowest hanging fruit. Especially considering the vast disparity in numbers between public and private trackers, if they can find more users on a single popular public torrent than most private trackers have in their entire membership, then there's not a hell of a lot of reason for them to expend the effort.

About all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think anybody really NEEDS to join a private tracker, and in fact I wouldn't suggest it to most people I know that only download content occasionally, as the added effort in establishing buffer and following the rules would probably not be worth it. But once you have taken the time to get established on a few enough that you don't have to worry about such things anymore, I think they can be a really great convenience.

But what if I hurt his feelings? I don't want to turn my private tracker into a hostile environment

I dunno man, if I thought someone else would fill it I might do so, but the request sat for a while unfilled before he got to it and it was kind of an easy mistake to make. (I asked for the official English release of a game and he got the Japanese version that had been prepatched and uploaded on another download site, but it wasn't really labeled as such, I didn't even realize his mistake until I had downloaded and extracted it myself.)

What the other guy said, also download speeds may be faster because of seedboxes
For music production related items I get about 400-700 kibs down on most public items, on audionews I was getting 1-2 average, sometimes above 3 mibs

We get it, you're a sissy, enjoy your wasted bounty

What was it? What was wrong with the one the guy uploaded?

Eeh, I shouldn't say anything to shame the man further, it's okay.

I'm just wondering if it's something trivial or not. In my opinion you should unfill it.

have you ever gone to fill a request on what and by the time the garbage you ordered arrives someone else filled it? I'm worried about being a victim of this.

>spending money for upload
holy shit you cannot seriously be this cucked

I've had this happen with stuff I've downloaded, never actually bought something to fill a request.

I've bought stuff and refunded it for Bibliotik upload before

How many GB do you need until you buy something?
People actually do this? Is there some kind of ratio?

WTF am I listening to?

>not buying shit, uploading it as soon as you get it and immediately requesting a refund afterwards

Oh yes, he's the one being shamed here, sure

Can anyone tell me if What has the following artists?
>Soulmass
>Tanooki Suit

>>Soulmass
nope
>>Tanooki Suit
pic

/marked/

fuck off with your shitty meme

thank you, user

does whatbetter work on windows?

Pretty sure whatbetter is just a python script, so as long as you can install Python you should be okay.

Is stopthepresses the only tracker that might have 3d and music magazines? I want those magazines, but I don't want to use stopthepress because it doesn't have https...
Is bib the only other place that'd have a complete collection of these? All the trackers I'm on don't have a complete collection, and have the same few issues across sites

Does bakabt have any recruitment threads?

Sent

Sent :^)

>bakabt
Huh, registrations are closed?

>using the smiley with a carat nose

(v:

Why is PTP so terrible for kino and cinema?

>using the backward smiley with a v nose

I think he means if there are recruitment threads on BakaBT.

So /ptg/, I'm torn between GGn and BCG? Other than the fact that GGn has Gazelle, which one is better in terms of content? In terms of reliability? Thanks.

bcg is curry

How so? It has pretty much everything KG has.

Can someone explain this kino meme?
I'm not a Sup Forums fag

I thought stp was shut down?
0day packs work for me.

i think newfag is silly; it closed a couple yrs ago now

It was on the wiki tracker image
What 0day has more issues? I've never been a part of one... are the groups just arbitrarily separated or are they separated by interest?

>diaper

Is the only way to get in to pedros is to start ripping flacs with high quality scans and hope to get noticed? I would have no problem doing this if I had a scanner.

>didn't have anything to upload on PTP
>still no PU
>jews refuse to recruit for BTN on WCD like they usually do
>tfw going to miss out

Someone please just end my suffering already.

If you're on another movie tracker just find something that's not on PTP, I became PU by uploading shit from KG.

Upload some obscure anime movie from AB in a quality ptp doesn't have

you can donate to get in for now

How much and how? Don't know if I am willing to donate when I don't even know how good the site actually is.

>they unlocked the Drizzy Wap thread on What.cd

What did they mean by this?

idk they dont specify. id say pm me if you have questions, but...

Are you in the site? Hows the content and quality?

>content:
what content are you looking for? there are 76.7k torrents: almost 14k rock, 10.5k jazz, 7.8k classical, 5.4k pop, 3.9k electronic, and more. those are the top categories.
>quality:
all flac, booklet scans, full BDs of concerts (freeleech)
>other:
staff dont come off well all the time, lately have been on a donation push... not sure what else to go over