Why are nvidia cards such fucking dogshit in DX12 vydias?

Why are nvidia cards such fucking dogshit in DX12 vydias?

Will nvidia cards alaways be dogshit in DX12 or is there hope in a future architecture?

just what we need, more nvidia shills to come out of the woodwork and turn this into an anti amd thread calling everything you say fallacies, their drivers don't cause flickering or high latency on pascal cards (all truth they deny), or the like. and that its amd who's horseshit in dx12, their cards burn down houses and motherboards.

all lies and unproven fallacies of their own of course, but they have insanely loud voices and able to deceive innocent people into buying nvidia garbage.

thanks for creating another flame thread. really, thanks.

>rx480 can't even beat a 390
>nvidia still at the top

Unlike AMD, Nvidia cards offer real performance improvements.
That shrink from 28nm to 14nm sure yielded impressive results for AMD

Dumbasses didn't even put the 980 ti there so at least we can know if Pascal is indeed better than Maxwell at Dx12 or not.

I'm just curious though. Nvidia is supposed to be the intel of GPUs yet when it's time to walk the walk they shit their pants in benchmarks. What went so wrong that nvidia users are even reporting getting lower FPS in DX12?

Only kepler is losing performance enough to be noticeable.
With maxwell it's like 1fps loss and with pascal it's like 3 fps gain.

Because.

Who the awful fuck tests in medium settings?

>>rx480 can't even beat a 390
It was never supposed to. It's a ~$200 card ya dingus.

>>nvidia still at the top
1070 is $400+ and Rx 480 is ~$200. For double the price you only get like 20% performance improvement in DX12 with Nvidia.

>Unlike AMD, Nvidia cards offer real performance improvements.
How is dogshit performance in DX12 "real performance improvements"?

Show me a non-reference RX480 at $200.

Spoilers:

You can't.

>it was never supposed to

>dog shit performance
>still better than AMD

In DX11 which is already an outdated API from 2008. More DX12 games are coming out and nvidia can't get its shit together.

Granted there are exceptions like but for the most part Nvidia blows at DX12.

Yeah, it's just one game!

>More DX12 games are coming out
excuse me but where is the proofs?
There's literally only a handful of dx12 games coming out, all the worth while games are still dx11.
The only game where amd is dominant is in fucking piece of shit doom.
I mean if it was a better game then okay you could use that as a sales pitch but fucking doom, i mean come on man I thought you people were better than that.

Shitty game developers, even ID the biggest nerds in the industry couldn't outperform Nvidia's compiler.

If ID couldn't do it no one else can.

hmmm

Also what makes you think people will still be using the clusterfuck that is DX11 forever?

There's not even one of those upcoming dx112 games that seems worthwhile.
And whats the market share of W10 again?

Could be that devs aren't able to easily match the optimizations nvidia does in it's drivers.

Have you noticed how many processes nvidia has running in the background. Who knows what kind of sophisticated compiler optimizations they do in dx11/ogl.

>There's not even one of those upcoming dx112 games that seems worthwhile.
Not everyone likes/dislikes the same things you do so this is irrelevant.

>And whats the market share of W10 again?
Approaching 22 fucking percent.

Because all their R&D goes into marketing.

doom 4 is a good game you just have autism

Half the market is still dx11, cu in 2 years when dx12 might become the new standard

Microsoft sends DX12 code for AMD's Pajeet farms to make better drivers so they can assimilate them and have their own hardware company

>Half the market is still dx11
you mean indie games no one cares about?

all triple a devs are moving to dx12 and vulkan

You know i can tell you samefag and shitpost in every thread because you cant spell panjeet right

yes because a good game is a gore QTE style of game where the only stimuli is flashing lights.
Thank you but no thank you.

No. Nvidia does this on purpose. If they were Dx12 ready, no one would upgrade from the 900 series. And that's why Pascal is gimped too, to guarantee that once Volta comes out, it will squash both Maxwell and Pascal in Dx12.

sure thing that's why we're seeing an incredible amount of games on the upcoming dx12 games list.

>being this autistic
wew lad

>my shit autism game doesn't support dx12

90% of the actual gamers play dx11 games such as League of Legends, Dota 2 and CS:GO.
They are somehow all autistic lmao.

What is a concrete example of what you think a good game is then?

>he actually believes this

>League of Legends, Dota 2 and CS:GO.
>thinking any of those are good
wew lad and dota 2 supports vulkan

>he doesn't believe the truth

Csgo is pretty fun actually, especially when that one kid starts spazzing

>shill tries to be relevant
>comes off as a complete idiot
you are making this far to easy :^)

>Csgo is pretty fun

AMD has traditionally had more brute force power (and power consumption) than Nvidia, but their DX11 driver optimizations weren't up to par with Nvidia's efforts.

DX12 just puts all the burdens of manual resource management on the end developer, for good or ill.
Good engine devs will have DX12 performance on AMD systems better than the old DX11 systems, but some will certainly not even be as good as the Pajeets.

The bigger long-term benefit is that game code will have to be correct instead of just building up thousands of special case hacks into the drivers.

did QB actually get fixed?
I just remember reading that it was a clusterfuck at release with weird shit like an invisible 50 Hz cap, etc.

there is no reason for nvidia to waste money on dx12 right now

theres only a handful of dx12 games and none of them are popular enough to demand nvidias immediate attention. theres no reason for them to not make more money off old architecture since people will buy their cards regardless

the only reason dx12 is even remotely relevant as a benchmark is because amd is pushing it hard since they cant compete in dx11

what games are autist proved then

League of Legends, Dota 2 and CS:GO if we go by the 90% of the market.
doom had its day in the 90s early 00s.
Vulkan is not DX12.

League of Legends, Dota 2 and CS:GO are shit games Doom 4 is literally better than all of them

it did for the most part. both the one op posted and the one i posted are done with the latest patches for it and drivers from amd & nvidia.

which is why doom has a peak player count of 6,000.

>Vulkan is not DX12.

not previous user, but the differences are almost pedantic.

>good means everyone plays it
are you just pretending to be stupid or are you actually retarded

>he took the time to Cherry pick random charts off the internet to prove his point on an anonymous image board

no but the majority of people does not like doom, it's a fact.
they would rather play a real game like cs:go, dota 2 or league of legends

everyone likes doom 4

no so much dota 2 even though that fat kike payed for the reviews

Help me out guys.

Currently have both a 980ti and an unopened fury X. I planned on swapping in the fury X to use with this 1440p IPS 144hz freesync monitor I got, but after seeing benchmarks like this I'm thinking maybe I should just stick with the 980ti until 1080ti comes out, what do you think?

yet an other shitty moba no one likes

Because all DX12 games right now are garbage and made by garbage companies.

>50 gigabytes

Its a shit benchmark of a gaymeworks game, the Fury is better and supports dx12

Do you plan on exclusively playing Tomb Raider?

Almost all of them are actually quite good, maybe you should calm your autism.

Dota 2 has 440k more players than doom, but I am sure all of those people are autistic idiots

no but its average at best see

This thread went from Sup Forums to Sup Forums real fucking fast lmao.

>majority of people does not like doom

just played the demo last week, was pretty impressed.
will be buying when it drops to $20, even if MP is a joke

DX12 and Vulkan don't really convince me in upgrading now.

I've had my 270x OC for years now and I can still run most games I wanna play.

Kind of fed up with all the "it'll be better in the future, probably" shit. I still also have my 8 meme-core 8350 which hasn't reaped much benefits of threading in games. Mantle was a top-shelf meme.

Nvidia still does pretty well with dx12 and packs a punch right now when you need it. Wouldn't it make more sense to get Nvidia now and do a sidegrade or upgrade once dx12 actually starts making a difference?

I really didn't give a shit about AotS or some of the other early titles, but as an AMDfag, Doom made me a believer in Vulkan at least.

The performance increase has been ridiculous.

If DX:MD has an even remotely similar difference I'll probably turn into an outright evangelist.

As long as it's Direct X12 and not DirectX11 in a DX12 wrapper, yes, you will see more of the same. Anything that gets around AMD's terrible single threaded DX10/11 implementation is going to net huge gains.

AMD hardware is far more powerful than equal priced Nvidia hardware but AMD's drivers are not as good as Nvidia's so Nvidia cards are overall faster in dx11.

Dx12 eliminates drivers from the equation.

That is the same retarded argument people used against dx11.

Oh look, it's a retarded anime fag trying to explain shit.

You tried, you failed, now fuck off

Because popularity means nothing right?

Nigger you shouldn't reply to retard fanboys.

Steam HW Survey shows almost 50% Win 10 users. Conclusion: Gamers leave Win7, office PCs don't.

It's real though.

dx12 isn't the industry standard and won't be until 80% of the market is on windows 10. the handful of dx12 games all will have legacy dx11 support at minimal performance loss.

why do people tout dx12 like it actually brings anything that gaming needed to the market.

>DX12
Obsolete API for an obsolete OS and console (all consoles are obsolete).

negligible difference not beyond scientific error. your benchmark just shows two equally matched things.

Because they made the mistake of buying an AMD card for their 2500k computer.

dx12 fixes the overhead issue they suffer, so they're desperate to push it and finally get the advertised performance they see in reviews

yeah, that's the only thing i can think. it made shitty budget cards semi relevant with a small frame boost sometimes.

however it requires windows 10 for that boost, and it's still hardly worth it.

retards

you're right
vulkan is better :)

No it doesn't lol

AMD overhead is still alive and well.

There's always vulkan.

Nowhere near as bad as it was with dx11

you have autism

New versions of DirectX don't make AMD's drivers suddenly not shit, wake up faggot.

Muh benchmark isn't a valid metrick of how shitty AMD is.

Fury X not seen on list, I'd like to see where it sits.

Should be between a 1070 and 1080.
Fury x kicks ass in dx12/vulkan, but only when it's using less than 4GB.

Yeah, only your shitposting is

Filtered

>The bigger long-term benefit is that game code will have to be correct instead of just building up thousands of special case hacks into the drivers.
You know full fucking well that this will never happen.

>medium settings
>AA off
It's funny, they actually suggest turning AA off for AMD DX12 benchmarks because it hurts their performance too much.

>that minimum frame rate on the rx480
I like how it's minimum frame rate manages to drop below the 1060 by a greater margin than the average frame rate difference.

That's an Nvidia card at the top

Are you denying that AMD cards have FAR more computational power than there Nvidia counterparts?

DX11 will probably stay around forever due to this, but for DX12 there's no choice, since the driver doesn't control low-level state and is basically an intermediary for user-space CPU code to control GPUs.

A DX12 driver just doesn't see things at a high enough level to splice fixes in like a DX11 driver.

I'm sure Nvidia and AMD will still be picking up the messes for the devs, but it will be more in the form of fixing the game renderer code itself.