Friend sends you his new build's specs

>friend sends you his new build's specs
>he unironically uses a Seagate drive

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/10/12424666/seagate-60tb-ssd-worlds-largest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I work in scientific computing and one of our clusters exclusively uses seagate drives. We have a hardware failure every week

And if you don't know, now you know, nigga.

youre just a jelly poorfag

I bought a WD and it shat itself after 6 months. Not buying another one any time soon.

Depends on what Seagate Drive.

Their Hybrid Drives are kind of cool.

Don't let em hold you down, reach for the stars

>2016
>HDD
You need new friends.

>have not only a Seagate drive, but one of those awful 3TB models
idgaf, it's in RAID1 with a Hitachi

>another WD shill thread
WD is like AMD cpus if they had the price premium of Intel cpus, completely worthless

Aside from a few very specific models, Seagate's fine. Sup Forums is just retarded, and can't manage anything but XvsY threads these days.

>Blackblaze
They never correctly test HDDs. They just list the ones they bought at the time which were the cheapest from each company that they used for their systems.

Oh boiiiiii

Just because it shows your favorite brand getting shit on doesn't mean its wrong.

>Those massively different sample sizes.

I've had a 160GB Seagate drive running every day since summer of 2005. The AMD hate is also retarded in some ways.

I'm still using a 60GB seagate in my old dell laptop, never understood the hate.

My desktop has 3 1tb seagates in raid 0, been fine for the last 3 years.

Same, i've had a 1tb seagate from my first build in 2010, its never given me a problem
Only problem is that I have about 20 gb left, so I'm gonna need another drive soon.

Should i stick with another seagate since it hasn't given me a problem, or is it just the newer drives that crap out?

the only bad seagate drives were the 1.5 tb

What is the usage profile? There are regimes you can put any brand drive through that will destroy them quickly

your mileage may vary.

keep in mind all hard drives eventually must fail. if this is casual storage you can basically do whatever you want.

hadoop mapreduce / Spark with YARN
can't release specific use cases

I see, well i'd probably get another 1tb, considering it took me like 6 years to fill 1tb up, but gaymes are becoming 55+gb, so I may get 2tb instead, dunno.

yea its just casual storage
I don't do anywork on my pc that I'd be fucked if i lost info from a drive

HGST is literally WD

what the fuck are you doing with 13TB of storage?

I have a 1 TB 7200 RPM seagate drive that just stores video games, it's 4 yrs old. How close is it probably to dying?

WD is literally Hitachi, because WD sucked at expanding in the server market and decided to buy out their product line.

nice cat

>friend sends you text
>is it possible to install an os on an sd card
>reply is it possible for me to get some of that dick
>he never replied back and stopped talking to me

Probably anime

Hgst drives aren't wd rebrands

You can install Linux to a sd card
Windows will get autistic about it not being a sata drive

He could be developing an AI and downloading shitloads of torrents. Perhaps seeding entire site archives?

Whats the deal with Seagate? I've never had one fail me but everyone seems to hate them.

what the fuck is going through your head when you post a thread like this?

Might not even be half way dead.

My Samsung 1TB is 7+ years old.

Most hard drives will perform well on a desktop. These failure rate graphs are designed to calculate rates in a very high stress environment with lots of read/write cycles such as as datacentres. Some of these graphs are also pretty ibflated due to recent crisis in hdd failures happening.

Really, just buy whatever.

You guys are retarded, it's all an oligopoly. WD owns HGST.

I've got a 500Gb seagate drive that I bought back in 2010 that still functions now. PC has been on for 16 or more hours everyday since I got it, and never had a problem.

I've got a 1TB SSHD Segate and it's been fine for 2 years no. No problems whatsoever and really much faster than a regular HDD.

Do people still use HDD in current year? I thought even the poor were able to afford an SSD.

SSD's got cheaper over the years but they're still crazy expensive when you want to buy anything larger than 1 terabyte.

>some guy asks for a parts list
>doesn't listen and buys a 950

>friend sends you his new build's specs
>he unironically uses a Western Digital drive

>Guy sends you his build's specs
>He unironically uses a AMD CPU/GPU
>always says something about how he's "different" for using it

>he makes a thread about hating things that other people like

anime

You're using this as evidence?

Look at the different sample sizes you chode.

It literally does because there was no control group at all and they were all tested in drastically different usage conditions.

how about just accepting that WD is shit

neck urself u degenerate

Indeed seagate was a mistake.
but WD is the same shit

and HGST was bought by WD, so?

HGST is a separate division from WD, it's not the same thing.

Our main vm storage runs 24 seagate hdds.

It has never failed for 3 years.

I prefer 5 years warranty and replacement without asking over any bullshit. If you rely on one hdd you are fuckin stupid anyway.

Do people use them ironically then?

I have no real problem with Seagate, bought them for a few years until I stopped using mechanical. Worked fine I guess.

I've been using a seagate hdd for over a year and it works fine.

no op is just a shill

Seagate is pretty nice if you're on a tight budget, their drives are usually cheaper and they have a lot of different capacities for their drives, even up to 10 tb. You can get a 10 tb wd gold but you have to fork over like $700 for it (although you get a 5 year warranty and 24/7 customer support, which is more than what seagate offers).

i've used a seagate external hard drive for my shitbox one for the past 6 months with no problems. I'm not understanding the hate

Two of my seagate drives died. None of my WD drives died. My next hard drive is WD.

Two of my WD drives died. None of my toshiba drives died. My next hard drive is toshiba.

>shit that never happened

Are you retarded?

Shill fuck off

Shilling for hard drive? Are you serious?

>trust me goyim im just like you im not a shill

>anyone with different opinion on a thing you can purchase with money is a shill
I mean there is some blatant shilling like with Win10, but a fucking hard drive, cmon...

So, yes, you are killing drives. Why are you using consumer drives, retard?

Just because a company is owned by another doesn't mean that company stops being a company.

>he unironically uses a Seagate drive

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/10/12424666/seagate-60tb-ssd-worlds-largest

Friends friend send a SS of his build. 1080, i7, 16g of RAM to go with a 19 inch 1080 150 dollar screen. It is scholarship money so who cares but fucking why cheap out on the monitor so bad. It isn't even a good price for what it is.

Always trusted Seagate. Not a single drive failed on me for 8+ years. I even have one that I smashed by landing my bag on and it still works if I give it cpr.

Also toshiba spells abo shit. Completely worthless trash that's the only blemish on Japanese technology.

>bought a 2tb HDD from ebay from hitagi
how fucked am I