Hey Sup Forums, i need your help

Hey Sup Forums, i need your help.

Im a poorfag, going to buy a new PC tomorrow, so far ive found 3 computers which seem decent:

1.- Dell 9020 (pic related), i5 4570 (4th generation) with vPro, 8gb of RAM and 500gb hard drive for $190.

2.- Dell 990, i5 2500 (2nd generation), 4gb of RAM, 19" screen, keyboard, mouse, etc for $190

3.- HP 6200 PRO, i5 2500 (2nd generation), 4gb or RAM, 250gb hard drive for $160

So... so far the best one seems to be the first one, since its the only one with a Haswell CPU, on the other side it doesn't include screen or accessories.
2nd one includes everything and costs the same, however its CPU is older and it has half RAM and hard drive.
3rd one is pretty much the 2nd one without accessories, but it also has a lower price.
And yes, i know its better to build a computer yourself, however im poor atm and this is the only way i could afford a computer.
Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck that shit user.

logicalincrements.com

Use it.

i literally just got through sorting and restoring over 400 of those 9020's where i work....

At my old job I used both i5 990s and 9020s. The 990s are solid machines, but they are definitely showing their age. The 9020 is the obvious choice- it's going to be more responsive and it will give you many more years of service for sure. Good luck

For a PC in OPs price range, those previous shit on what you can buy

those are used prices? you can probably get a new mini pc for 200-300, intel nuc seem quite popular now and are a great deal

*Prebuilts

I would say #2 is the best value, since it comes with everything you need. That i5 2500 (Sandy Bridge) is still a good processor, there are plenty of people on here that still run 2500ks. You can throw another 4gb stick of ram in there later on down the road.

Go for the Dell 9020, that is a really fucking good price, throw in a $40 SSD and your set.

Definitely #2, more ram is always a cheap upgrade, and a 120gb SSD would be like 40-50$ as a later addition for speed + space

*UPDATE*
Just talked to the guy who sells these things, he says he could go as low as $175 for the first one.
Considering i already have keyboard + mouse so i'd only need a screen, would the first one be a better deal? or would i be better off by getting the 3rd one + a cheap GPU?

Thanks for bumping my thread

Considering my super-low budget, i think the Dell's i posted before are better...

How would you rate them? its been a while since i dont use prebuilts myself.

Yes... i considered those, however id like to upgrade some parts in the future (get a SSD, GPU), which is difficult/impossible on those so called mini PC or however they are called.

just get that 1st one for that price, the cpu alone sells for price that used

Wow, kys cunt

Yeah i guess thats what im gonna do, i also found a cheap HD 7770, not super awesome but way better than the IGP.
Thanks everyone.

You are lucky OP, I would kill to get one that cheap

You'd almost be better off buying a pre-built than using that shitty guide. Fuck off, falcon.

If you don't have much money just get an older used machine. You can get a core duo anything for usually under 50 bucks. Then that gives you a power supply and a case then you can upgrade from there. The prebuilts have an oem operating system that will only make you sad when/if things go wrong. Plus you can probably get another (if you're not into the clean life but the clean life is for people with money that pay others to do everything for them.) and take it all apart and change things around. After that you're ready to built your own with new parts and very very little fear.

Don't pay good money for a prebuilt that was made with cut rate/lowest built pricepoint oriented parts. Get an older for next to nothing and save your money for something better.

get the first one i got a nice dell 20" inch screen on craigslist for 20$, plus cpu and ram is more important than anything else

>Dell 9020 for $190
just get this. i own one of these (but with an i7 and 16 Gb ram)

i work on these all day and they're super reliable. see if you can get the service tags on them and look them up on the dell site and see if they;re still under warranty too, you could order a new hard drive if they are.

also, business surplus is always the way to go.

pretty low end, it would be better to build your own and get better performance, theres a reason we got 465 of them to refurbish from a school and sell them to asia somewhere.

so im quoting myself here but i just think i didnt say enough.

i own a 9020 with an i7 and 16Gb ram. for business purposes a 9020 with an i5 is dumb. you would want a midrange for that like a 3020 (or now the 7040). im a sys admin and i manage about 500 of these a day.

Pro's:
-Dell command update
-replacement parts (if you ever need them) are cheap
-pretty much guarantee they every OS on the planet will support this hardware out of the box
-it's $190
-ram upgrade to 16 would be cheap because this is a business class and there were probably 1million extra dimms produced for the models shipping to your locale

cons:
-its an i5 w/ 8Gb ram
-you wont look like a 1334 h4x0r with a custom built LED box

Really doing this is stupid because it's unsupported. This shit is only a good idea if you are just fucking around.

>it's $190

Its actually $175, see Also, would you recommend getting more ram? the same guy who sells the 7770 is selling 2x8gb ram

I kinda want to paypal you $500 so you can get something better... but this is the internet and most people are fucking liars or assholes.

That's pretty nice, but yeah, you never know if i'd just spend it on weed or something (even tho i dont smoke/drink at all)
Anyways, the first one seems like a good deal so im ok with it, im not a gamer or something like that (if anything, i occasionally play AoE II) so its not like i need a super awesome PC.

DESU #1 at $175 sounds like a real good deal.
Would also be a decent idea to see if theres any auctions from university surplus or business near you.

Hope you put dual Titans in your Optiplex OP.

>op states he's poor
>dual titans
Are you fucking dense?

duh the first one. a 19" monitor and kb/mouse is worth like $20. difference between 4570 and 2500 plus guaranteed microATX format is worth paying a bit more

If you have a monitor, keyboard and mouse or can bum some, #1.

If not, #2.

I have used a dell 9020 at work and it's rather decent with stock hardware. you can eventually throw in an SSD and dedicated GPU and you'll have a decent gayman machine.

Clearly the computer is useless without a screen and keyboard, so if your budget doesn't permit for extras, I encourage you to get one with a screen and keyboard.

Why is this even a discussion?

Get the first one. Look around charity shops for a keyboard, mouse and some old CRT or 5:4 LCD.

because a screen can be had for peanuts and if he can't afford $20 to buy a used LCD now he will eventually have $20. buying #1 is clearly the best option, as it's the newest build, has more ram (#2 would obviously need an immediate upgrade if OP expects to use an OS newer than XP), and is in a form factor that is easily upgradable (OP hasn't specified if the 990 is mATX - it may be a SFF)

Dell's a much better than HP computers. Laptops that is. I have had a lot of experience with Dell computers (both PCs and laptops).

I'd go for option 1. Add a GT 740 and a 2TB hard drive, and if you can an SSD.

What I'm saying is that if he's looking at sub-$200 computers, $20 is hard to come by and he'd prefer to use it sometime before 2017.

I don't disagree with you at all that #1 is the better buy, but if it's going to be several months before he can actually use it, there will be better/different options available by that point possibly with a screen.

Great deal, make sure to get a ssd asap