I can't figure out the puzzle

I can't figure out the puzzle...

Other urls found in this thread:

halfpops.com/halfpocalypse/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are you on the School 42 in Fremont?

How are the chunks encrypted? How are they formatted when unencrypted? We aren't mind readers OP.

yes. why?

>How are the chunks encrypted?
SHA256
>How are they formatted when unencrypted
Plain text

Give an example of the chunk.

>mutation
>not mapping

It's a puzzle... the picture is literally all the info given for it. It's just a puzzle online... The last one... It's bothering me that I can't get it though.

"> Looks like we've intercepted some messages from a few death-metal, soulless bot-monkeys. But they're coming through in weird fragments and we can't figure out what's going on. Our top programmer started working on a decryption algorithm, but then he went to the bathroom and never came back. Can you take it from here and decode the messages? We think they might have something to do with the passphrase to their SSH key."

post a link.

halfpops.com/halfpocalypse/

I almost solved it, then the site went to shit.

First thing I did was just run it to see the output. Then I edited it to print the chunks and it spit out binary. I brute forced how many chunks there were, which seems to be 9. Was writing a binary to ascii implementation but then the site went retarded because of a tab key.

I can't get it to print the chunks no matter what I do... So I can't get beyond that.

I have it printing, but it's giving me this:

rd123 meatbrain!s? -Yeah I reallhe worst. The papassword? -C'monssword is passwoy can't remember-Hey what's the ! -Wow you are t, are you seriou

I think it has something to do with the "hopefully in the correct order" thing the function said

How are you getting it to print?

function convertChunks(arrChunks) {
// TODO: take an array of chunks
// (hopefully in the correct order?),
// and convert to something we can read

var convertedMessage = "";
for(var i=0; i

I figured out the password but I wanna know how to get it.

Thank you.

Any tips for what to do from here? I have this much, but I'm stuck.

you need to change the
var chunks = [];
for (var i = 0; i < 9; i++) {
chunks[i] = getMessageChunk(i);
}
back to how it was and make it [1] [2] etc. and then you just rearrange them to make the message make sense. or just read it jumbled up like that. It isn't too hard to read it still jumbled.

the thing crashed and i reloaded the page. It change the order the message is displayed in with each reload. After this one is was obvious:)

password123 you faget