Win7 is kill

It's dead. It's over. You can't use it.

I bought an Y700 laptop with this UEFI shit. I've installed Win7 on it but, boy, that was a fucking space odyssey.

It wasn't just the system, it was drivers too and you gotta do a lot of crazy shit to prevent it to turn into a vegetable thru Win10 update.

Is there no hope? These fucking vampires from Jewtel and Microschmuck are really trying hard to turn every PC into a facebook machine.

INB4 FAQ BBQ:

>buy an old laptop

I'm rendering 3D art and working on huge DAW projects faggot. It has to be as fast as possible.

>buy a PC

It'll be fucked up too, right? And I move with my laptop frequently.

Is there no way to wipe out UEFI and install BIOS?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-cdimage/ bug/1040557
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what does uefi have to do with win10 update? you can format the hdd to mbr and install win7 the 'old school way' if that's what you're asking, rather than using gpt. what was the hassle in installing 7? idk what a y700 is, but unless they cut out support for windows 7 I don't know what would stop you from using it

>It has to be as fast as possible.
>laptop

okay, sonic.

You posted this 2 weeks ago. I will state again that you clearly have no idea what your doing

I know that I don't know what I'm doing, I'm asking you guys. And you're wrong, somebody must have posted it too.

You missed the
>I move with my laptop frequently

I work in many places, ok?

Bios - disable secure boot (uefi)
- enable legacy OS
Win 7 install - delete ALL partitions
-reformat
-profit?

>what does uefi have to do with win10 update?
I'm talkin about NEW laptops. They are either sold with Win10 or without. But those without it have UEFI and it's hard to install Win7 on them.
>you can format the hdd to mbr and install win7 the 'old school way' if that's what you're asking, rather than using gpt. what was the hassle in installing 7?
It didn't actually work for the first time. It took several tries and I don't know how it finally worked. I just kept changing everything in correct order before install. I'll post exact order next time, sorry.

The thing is it may become even harder in the future, don't you think?
>idk what a y700 is
Lenovo Y700
>unless they cut out support for windows 7 I don't know what would stop you from using it
I don't really even care about the support actually anymore. So formally nothing.

I heard the new processors will work only with Win10, is that possible?

run win7 virtually in a light linux like ubuntu and windows is easy to install. This ended up being my solution when win7 wouldn't recognize my ssd. Ran lubuntu on it (just cause) and installed win7 on a virtual machine. It was a bit of doing but it works pretty good.

if that were true, wouldn't you be able to afford a better setup?
Using a gaming laptop for work is pathetic

Thank you.

In theory yes. If they restrict the processor drivers to Win10 only, they'd be forcing everyone into using it.

I live in a shit coutry. So no. And now all laptops seem to have UEFI.

Well, what about user-made drivers then? Like the nVidia ones? Or this is a problem?

i've had weird issues installing 7 here and there, strange since i've done it an absurd amount of times. my 5 year old motherboard is uefi bios though, and it installs fine. i usually install using mbr formatted drive because reasons, but it should work with gpt too. I've never tried it on a drive that came pre installed with 10 though, i would assume there may be some issues with that, but wouldn't be an issue if you format the drive first

Also, this fucking shit?

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-cdimage/ bug/1040557

I am not aware of anyone ever even attempting to write CPU drivers.

i doubt you'd see user created cpu drivers for windows. chip manufacturers in theory would have little incentive to not support win7, unless m$ pays them more than the revenue they'd lose out on, at least until win7 isn't used by anyone anymore.

Have you tried to set it to "legacy boot" in the uefi settings?

AFAIK I had several issues too, mostly with booting the Win7 setup. It just didn't see the USB storage during device selection - after choosing Legacy boot in BIOS/UEFI. When I came back to the setup the boot settings were reset to defaults.
Well, maybe just modified, like for nVidia cards, not created.

>go into the UEFI settings
>disable secure boot and enable BIOS

Wew that was hard

>buy 2016 hardware
>waaaah my deprecated 2009 software dont work right

Windows users really are fucking dumb. You don't see Linux users downloading distros from 2009 and complaining that their new system doesn't work right because kernel doesn;t support their HW.

They get the latest version.
If you don't like the latest version of X get the latest version of something else and if they all suck choose the one that sucks the least for you.

/Thread

I'm going to explain myself to you. I've listed enough reasons already, despite that nobody needs them for this thread.

I tried this, still Legacy kept resetting and I didn't see the USB stick drive.

Why do you claim w7 is dead and afterwards you admit you have no clue what you are doing?

Converting between mbr and gpt takes like 5 seconds but you are too fucking stupid to google it and instead ask here.

I need Win10 like I need another hole in my face.

I seem to be doing just fine without MicroJew's latest theftware. ..

Same here, man.

Because it used to be easier to install Win7, now it's harder. I've succeeded this time, but I'm thinking about what happens when my laptop stops working. Get it now?

Do what everyone normal does... steal a spare installation disc from work!

>Why did you lie
>Cuz im stupid
Thats not an excuse

That's what you get for buying a laptop.

>stop liking what I don't like