Bloomberg: MacBook Pro with new 'touchscreen strip' won't appear at September 7th iPhone event

theverge.com/2016/8/10/12421350/new-macbook-pro-touchscreen-strip-features-rumors-bloomberg

>Apple is preparing a big update to its MacBook Pro line of laptops. KGI Securities analyst Ming-chi Kuo first revealed that Apple is planning to replace the function keys on the MacBook Pro with an OLED touch bar, and now Bloomberg's Mark Gurman is confirming the initial reports. The new MacBook Pros are said to be slightly thinner than current models, with a slightly wider trackpad and an option for AMD Polaris graphics in at least one model.

>Bloomberg says that Apple isn't planning to unveil the new MacBook Pros at an event on September 7th, where it's expected to launch a new iPhone and additional Apple Watch models. Apple is also expected to include USB Type-C on the new MacBook Pro, alongside a Touch ID fingerprint reader. "Apple has tested versions of the upcoming laptops that integrate the scanner beside the new function key display," explains Bloomberg's Gurman. Apple is also rumored to be considering gray, gold, and silver color options for the new MacBook Pro.

lol

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro#Technical_specifications_3
soic.indiana.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus I am glad I bought the current gen rmbp.
I joked with some coworkers the early 2015s will go down in history as the last good Apple laptops.
Tim Cook is running the company into the ground and creating disparity with in for job growth.
I was offered a job with them earlier this summer and it was just no good....
I don't see them staying in personal computers too much longer. Even the die hards are waking up myself included.

>I was offered a job with them earlier this summer and it was just no good....

This didn't happen.

Yes it did; they wanted me to be a customer service rep for them at home and they wanted me to sign a contract making me essentially theirs for 2 years.
I wasn't having it. I would have considered the position if I wasn't locked in.
I am currently enrolled at a major United States public University studying Informatics with a focus in cyber security.

>Yes it did; they wanted me to be a customer service rep for them

Oh, right.

So we agree, it never happened

>(((berg)))

god damn it

>trying this hard to cull your buyer's remorse
How convenient that the laptop you purchased is the last of the good Macbooks. Even though the last of them were years ago.

You sound like a poo-in-loo pajeet

>Apple is also expected to include USB Type-C on the new MacBook Pro, alongside a Touch ID fingerprint reader.
Where were you when Thunderbolt was pronounced dead?

>mbp 2k15
The line hasn't been updated since 2012 you dumbass, You bought an overpriced 3 year old laptop

>they wanted me to be a customer service rep
>I was offered a job with them

Lmao user you're just a pajeet from home. I know the program. They lend you an desktop and you have to get a phone line and you take calls nonstop from idiots that don't know how to use their computer.

That's a nationwide uni program and that's not a job with apple in the way you're making it out to be. You make it sound like you shot down a job at cupertino. No, it's basically the same pay as working at the fucking apple store.

I also shot down a job with Google user, they wanted me selling android phones at a kiosk at my local mall.

idiot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro#Technical_specifications_3

why are you lying on the internet?

Apple Thunderbolt-MiniDP-to-USB-Type-C adapter, for only $89.

It just works.

May not be a job in Cupertino but I still would have been able to put Apple on my resume and the fuckwit companies in Chicago wouldn't have known any better.
They make the position in such a way it looks like a glorified internship; much better than retail.
Also, I'm white.

>The new MacBook Pros are said to be slightly thinner than current models
HERE WE GO AGAIN

Do you understand the difference between a connector and a protocol?

JUST

They know their company is going down the tubes.
They really needed that ass hole Jobs.

>Thunderbolt 1 and 2 use the same connector as Mini DisplayPort (MDP), while Thunderbolt 3 uses USB Type-C.
idiot

>May not be a job in Cupertino but I still would have been able to put Apple on my resume and the fuckwit companies in Chicago wouldn't have known any better.

They definitely would have. Make no mistake.

It's all in how you market it user.
Look it is irrelevant I didn't take the job I am not game to signing my life away for 2 years mostly because I wanted the opportunity to pursue internships in the Bay Area next summer.

>internships in the Bay Area

>markets go in to a dive when DB collapses
>no more meme startups being funded by ez VC money

:^)

>option for AMD Polaris
It's like they want murder their customers.

>I am currently enrolled at a major United States public University studying Informatics with a focus in cyber security.
No you are not because no one in the US calls CS "Informatics"

source: I came from a country where CS is called "Informatics"

soic.indiana.edu/
I give up

To be fair what is the competition doing?
It's either MBP clones that are finally somewhat decent, or gimmicky devices with detachable keyboards and/or hinges that flip beyond 180*
Apple can sit on their ass for 5 years and still wont lose market share in the over 1000$ laptops.

I don't know why they are so intent on abandoning the high end PC market. Getting graphics, video, 3d and audio pros using Macs was very effective advertising for their brand.

It would have cost them very little to keep the Mac pro, macbook pro and OS X maintained enough for those users in comparison to the free advertising.

Portugal?