Ctrl+f no /spg/

Nexus 5X - 250$

Is it a good buy Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.ca/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-5-5-Dual-SIM-Snapdragon-650-CPU-16MP-Camera-/252493957099?var=&hash=item3ac9d007eb:m:mtyJe1xXBe6-U_Ae1PDpL9g
youtube.com/watch?v=ROHctDywyaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p2xSS45Ld1o
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2KN4R47128&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-TechBargains-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=227502&SID=direct_dealdetail_Newegg_0811_429830
cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/installing-redmi-3-cm13-marshmallow-custom-rom/
en.miui.com/thread-249717-1-1.html
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-3/development/stable-rom-t3380625
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-3/development
forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/general/nexus-5x-melted-usb-port-using-charger-t3265816
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no, it's too late in the life cycle, wait for the new one.

>wait for the new one

By any chance do you own any AMD products?

no, the new ones are supposed to be out in september/october.

If you need a phone now go for the oneplus 3. If you can wait a little bit the new nexus phones are coming soon

How long could I expect and Android phone to last? My iphone 5 still does everything I need it to.

No.
The size of the phone is awkward, there is no hardware buttons, so it is all a smooth surface from bottom to top.
This means you are very likely to miss the space key.
Touch keyboards are already bad, but this is a new level of bad as keyboards can fix that you never hit the right letters, but it can't fix that you never hit space.
The finger print lock is nice though.
The overall phone is very big, so you have get special pants so it will fit in the pockets.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Well I'm thinking it's a nice middle ground between cheapos that won't get updated and more expensive ones. The new one will likely cost a lot more at release (I'm in EU) and I don't foresee huge leaps in performance for my use (no gaming). Price is a concern for me.

Nice phone, but it costs almost double. What is the update policy on these?

Well on Nexus devices Google promises 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of security updates from launch, so I'd say 3 years on those, but it strongly depends on your needs imo.

if you want cheap get a xiaomi redmi 3 pro from gearbest.

or the redmi note 3.

ebay.ca/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-5-5-Dual-SIM-Snapdragon-650-CPU-16MP-Camera-/252493957099?var=&hash=item3ac9d007eb:m:mtyJe1xXBe6-U_Ae1PDpL9g

why is this so cheap?

>wait for the new one

This is the attitude taken by impotent autists who do nothing with their lives

Kek

because china, also don't buy from ebay as they use the chinese ROM, while gearbest and some aliexpress sellers use the global ROM.

My OnePlus One running CM13 has an issue where the battery indicator always says 100%, instead of the actual value.
Where do I even begin debugging this?

...and after not working for a day it just magically fixed itself. What the fuck.

If you need something cheap, yes.
Three years if you buy a phone at launch.

CM Features

Nexus 5X is pretty great for the price. Stock Android, pretty nice screen, epic camera for the price, ect.

>have 5x
>want to sell it now before the new nexus hits
>get about $420-450CAD for my 5x
>can use spare iPhone 4s if necessary to wait

I bought the OP3. According to user and plenty of others, its just unpredictable as to the quality of the company. The battery was great compared to my 5x but anything is better than that device's batt anyways.

Should I just wait for the next Nexus?
Will the next Nexus fix the overheating which leads to shit battery of the 5x? Those are my main gripes. Or, stick with the OP3?

What's the best widget for Android that shows the clock, weather and battery? Just got a new tablet and need to use all this space for something

>touchwiz
hopefully replacable with a custom rom right?
then s7 edge masterrace for me.
brb buying it.

If the anom I was talking to about my messed up nexus 6 screen is still here, it is still under warranty so I'm sending it in

Looks like I got lucky not getting screwed this time

Just pre-ordered this from iPhone, how fucked am I?

>plays Pokemon Go
>complains about battery life
dude

Please help

If I buy an app, back it up with Titanium Backup and refund it, can I still use it?

Should I stick to his pic or is there anything interesting in around $350 price range?

I sent my Xperia Z3C back to the store because this shit broke second time withing 7 months (first minijack now front panel falling out) and I was wondering if I should demand moneyback or just new phone hoping that this time it won't be as faulty

Xiaomi Mi5 maybe it's a great phone for the price.

Wat needs can u possible have on a phone that won't be satisfied after 3 years or longer

you missed out you dumb cuck.

the moto x pure was on sale for 250 like a month ago.

What's a good SMS app that isn't WhatsApp or stock?

Currently using 8sms but I want to switch because reasons.

Textra

youtube.com/watch?v=ROHctDywyaQ
s7 edge masterrace.

pretty fucked

I don't know his preferences, hence I gave advice that I consider fairly universal. I think we kind of getting to a point where unless you are some gamer retard you won't be needing a new phone for quite some time, unless they introduce some mind blowing new feature.

I bet it didn't ship to the EU you dumb cuck.

The rest is just phone usage dude
Unaccounted for, phone battery eating drainage

No you go to jail

Good luck fixing the device once it breaks senpai

Disa. And it does more than just sms - if you want it to.

Well shit they've done it all

>Epic camera
>pretty nice screen
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahha

just get a zte axon 7 dude

i used to do this 2 years ago. it worked back then. no idea now, but it should work.

Not an argument.

Yes I agree that is really how it is now desu
Resolutions don't need to be higher than they currently are and with the power u currently have u can do basically everything u want except maybe the latest shitty game but no one cares about that

Only thing that should really be better is battery life and updates

New Nexii are coming in early October, so I'd suggest you wait for those. Stay way from One Plus though, chink customer service is trash and can leave you phone less for 2+ months.

Anyone here own the Axon 7? Even better, in Canada?
I do the following
>Typical social apps: Snapchat/Facebook/IG
>Decent phone speakers
>Pokémon Go

I'll be in Hong Kong in October. Should I try to grab the 128/6GB Note 7 while I'm there?

I have a 5x and have no issues with typing. Also if you feel the body is too slick you could just get a case.

Anybody else hyped for Honor 8?

If you register an accout at vmall.eu now you get a 20€ coupon.

Should I buy a LGG5 ?

My perfectly healthy and capable Nexus 4 says you're a faggot.

>pre-ordering best phone coming out in the next year
>fucked

pick one senpai, you good

What do people think about ebay refurb/old new stock/display model ("New Other") phones? I've bought four so far and aside from a minor cosmetic blemish they all seem to look and work like new.

no
if you want that semimodularity get the Moto Z

What the fuck are you talking about. The keyboards are dependent on the app not the phone.
>awkward size
Also confirmed retard

The modularity is a gimmick but the phone itself is great.

>AMD products

Zen has Haswell performance.

I don't care about the modules i just want a removable battery, micro SD and 2016 specs

Then its great. I have it on my desk right now.

Zen is vaporware and it's going to be shit.

Yeah, whats basically happening is that phones become obsolete because of lack of software updates. Otherwise it's just like PC-s, in the 90s and early 2000s it was advancing really fast, now you can get by with a 5-6 years old PC without any issue. We got to a point where they have the basics down right, whether there'll be something new and exciting who knows... battery life still sucks though.

Are there any recent or upcoming sub-5" phones that aren't low end budget shit?

>lack of software updates
Completely disagree.

I've always rooted phones and used custom roms that get very frequent updates. The android OS seems to be being updated to lag and make old phones slugglish.

HTC One A9?

I'm trying to find 5", 1080P. AMOLED, and (Ideally but that seems impossible right now) under $300.
I would get the OnePlusX, but I'm stuck with AT&T so the lack of band 17 is damning.

Obviously, I wasn't talking about the 0.1% of consumers who root their phones. You can't consider that to be a generally accepted practice in the industry.

Most keyboards resembles a real keyboard, with the space bar at the bottom.
I am sure there is different keyboards which work differently, but this is the type of keyboard most people want, and it is the default keyboard on android.

Because they have designed the phone the way they have done, it is harder to hit the space bar as you have to be very precise unlike on other phones.

The size of the phone makes it awkward to hold.
A lot of space is wasted on speakers, so the phone is very long.

My previous phone was an S4, so a phone that is 20% bigger but the screen size is almost the same is awkward.

It is a decent phone if you don't care about aesthetics, ergonomics, speed, resolution or camera quality.
I personally bought it because it gets updates without rooting it, which is a neat for a secondary phone.

Just bought 32gb 5x from groupon. They're selling it for $269 plus a promo code that drops it down to $229. Not bad considering I just broke my Nexus 4...

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2KN4R47128&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-TechBargains-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=227502&SID=direct_dealdetail_Newegg_0811_429830

As far as I know, no one on this board owns a Axon 7. Just get the OP3, it's gud.

That's a sick deal

I wish I paid more attention to phone deals before I bought my current phone

Any tips when buying a smartphone second hand? Found a Nexus 6P for a cheap price but it has defects which is easily solvable. How do i check if gpu/cpu is still good and running senpai

All smartphones are the exact same fucking thing.

We do not need a smartphone general thread ever. They are all dull boring and identical.

>samsung
>No SD
>Exynos
Seeing , I might just grab a 5x.
It's notably cheaper and the only negative is IPSLCD vs OLED, which I guess I can get past because everything else is pretty much right + tons of root/rom/accessory support.

> They are all dull and boring
Talking about your life again?

Sup guise. I'm thinking of upgrading my phone at some point(I'd rather keep it around 200 - 250 bucks). I'm thinking of chinkphones(since those can offer you pretty good bang for the buck). My only issue is with the screen size, I'm more comfortable with max 5,5 inches screen size, albeit I'd rather keep it closer to 5 inches. Is it worth waiting for upcoming Xiaomi models? Also, can you get 3+ gigs of ram within that pricepoint? I'm in no hurry upgrading per se, I'm just trying to find out what options I have. My current phone is Lumia 640 and I think I'd rather switch ecosystems altogether.

It's great but they're going to announce two new nexus phones in a couple of months. Wait and see if you want one of those instead, if not the launch will also mean a price drop for the Nexus 5X.

if you're ok with receiving feature-updates for only one more year, yes.
otherwise wait for the hardware-refresh in a month.

You should have a look at the Honor 8 which will be released in the US in just a few days, maybe the extra 50$ will be worth it for you

just wasted 6 hours today trying to get MIUI off my redmi 3 pro

finally got an unlock confirmation from xiaomi, did their little unlock app, now I can't get into a recovery to flash CM12 on there. Just sits at the fast boot page, or shows me a plug-in-phone animation.

I fucking swear I was using TWRP a few weeks ago. I see the TWRP and SuperSU folders and shit in my phone, I remember getting into TWRP to install some custom (MIUI) rom a few months ago, but for whatever reason it won't let me in.

Fucking chinkshit, never again. I am pretty close to going back to my shitty moto E just to get away from the MIUI nightmare.

I´ll just tune in here.
I can get an Iphone 6 for basically free because my mom gets a new one this september.
Should I use it or sell to get a OP3?

>I dont care about IOS vs Android
>I just want the better phone
>which one will serve me longer?

Hey /spg/. I just ordered a 32GB Nexus 5 for 180 USD. It's new in the box. Free one day shipping so it'll be on my doorstep at the latest 8PM tomorrow. How did I do?

where

Amazon. Has the little A-to-Z guarantee thing so I can get a refund if it's fucked up or not new.

Ah, I see.
I tricked myself since I'd been looking at the 5x and didn't realize you meant the regular 5, the price makes more sense now.

Yeah. I would get a 5X but it has USB type C (starts fires) and doesn't support Kali Nethunter. I broke my Nexus 6 and need a new phone for daily use and pentesting and my budget was 200 dollary doos.

So with IFA Berlin coming up on September 3rd.
Anyone know what Sony might be introducing?

My guy at Sony told me that something was coming but due to strict rules regarding unreleased information.

cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/installing-redmi-3-cm13-marshmallow-custom-rom/

en.miui.com/thread-249717-1-1.html

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-3/development/stable-rom-t3380625

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-3/development

>USB type C (starts fires)
Since when? Use a proper cable and don't connect the charger to something that's not supposed to be charged.

Are you retarded or something? It has one of the most color accurate screens on the market and the camera competes w/ current flagships.

does the redmi note 3 work on t-mobile in the US? as in full 4g lte?

I really want a Note 7 but at $850 that just sounds insane.

When did flagship prices get so high?

Thank you user!

You'll probably get more use out of iPhone if you don't care about diddling with custom roms.

The thing I've always loved about Android phones that use micro USB is that I can buy a 3 dollar cable and a 5 dollar brick at the corner store and it just works. No need to baby my charger or pay Google/Apple 50 dollars for a new one.

forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/general/nexus-5x-melted-usb-port-using-charger-t3265816

No. only H+.

why no spg

Is Nexus (current gen here) a good buy?

No, no it is not.

>tfw i got my ulefone paris the day the Paris attacks took place

What's the safest way to root my s6 and then unroot it later?

Nope, for a GOAT 2016 phone look for the following:

-1080p screen, if AMOLED then 720p is fine
-3 GB ram
-SD slot up to 128 GB >implying i will ever buy samshit
-Rootable

Redmi Note 3 Pro has all this and more for 200 burger coins

>dont care about screen size
>have used both android and ios in the past and have no strong preference
>want something that wont be slow and shit in a year
>have normie friends who all use imessage
>want decent battery life

why should i buy anything other than the iphone se?

no you dont

I really don't care about custom roms.
The phone is supposed to work the way it is and that's it.
I know the battery life is a bit shit compared to the OP3 but I like snappyness and a good camera