Flash Memory Summit

What do you think about everyone jumping on new technologies for based storage? HDDs are seriously fucked on the next 10 years.

I want to be able to replace a noisy six 4TB RAIDz2 array with just two drives in a mirror config.

What kind of special retard thought it was a good idea to put the word Product on a slide?

>Seagate with 60TB SSDs
>more info on shitty xPoint
>Samsung revealing other implementations of NAND
>WD getting on the SCM train
Man, I want more storage.

FLASHFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I'm hyped about QLC storage.
100TB storage will be good

Ecosystem!

>QLC storage
It'll be interesting to see how it fares in endurance. Samsung already has TLC drives with 5 year warranties, they're pretty confident with that TLC.

>not following the optimal number of bullet points for the goy™ attention™ system™

Shameless self bump.

you know, slides are only a complementary element to a spoken presentation

they merely highlight some key words (or buzzwords), they're not supposed to carry the whole content of the presentation

"this is not just some incredibly expensive storage that only works in a laboratory, NO, we have an actual product, on sale, next month..."

>mfw Toshiba wasn't bullshitting

>128TB SSD
>piracy is dying

Piracy will never die ;_;

>this kills the cloud

If you set up a 24 64gb high speed sd card array how well would it work

How? If anything it will bolster it, price per GiB is cheaper for AWS / Azure / GCE than any of us and this will only push that lower.

Clouds basically offer unlimited storage right now anyway given the average space used by the average user. This will basically make it cheaper for clouds to operate. Less power, less heat, less space, fewer failures, etc.

>implying the cloud centers aren't going to buy these

>128TB in two years

SSD's are about to hit an inflection point where the performance, power, and reliability benefits outweigh their price per byte disadvantage and will cannibalize the HDD market while storage demand will continue to increase. With the influx of more and more 3D NANDs hit to the market and ramping up over the next few years the prices will drop significantly.

I would personally pay $1500 for a 1 TB QuantX drive - saturates the bus at QD4!

>QuantX drive
I wonder how responsive those things will be given how they have been hyping it for so long. It would be like having a whole TB of RAM albeit much slower but way faster than today's storage.