Verizon has finally decided to strong-arm me out of my unlimited data...

Verizon has finally decided to strong-arm me out of my unlimited data, how can I use as much data as possible for one final "fuck you"?

Before you say "It's only for the people who use 100+ GB per month!" - I use 120GB on average, so I'm done for.

I was thinking of torrenting as many films / albums as many possible, but I want to really blow past my limit.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=720034
youtube.com/watch?v=rVcTPfBxOPU&list=PL_T9MO520krq5QsT1sIHdmBUNodksi8v2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you manage to use that much data? Are you tethering your phone at home or something?

Tethering on my pc, utorrent, never connecting to wifi anywhere mainly. Also allow my apps to update at any time, wifi or not.

I can't believe how much you guys get shafted by your ISPs. It's fucking criminal. Just imagine if you didn't have net neutrality, kek.

should have limited yourself to 99gb then faggot

Hello!
Do you have time to talk about Elisa Saunalahti prices?

Fuck off Finnfag

>tfw we beat you at Winter War despite your memes

>TFW I use 6TB a month

Literally how?

>implying I had any idea this would happen

Not like they warned us. They did increase my bill by 30$ though.

on your phone? how?

Start seeding popular torrents
Constantly delete and re-download them every now and then

Download huge files from a server at the same time, and delete and redownload

This is of course assuming you use it as a tether

You might also be able to DNS DDOS yourself

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=720034

That's pretty bullshit.
Don't you have a governing body who can call them out of this shit?

Sue the fucks. They sold you unlimited data, and by disconnecting anyone who goes over a set amount, are placing a limit on it.

>on your phone

who said that?

you're aware that this thread is about mobile data caps? literally nobody cares how much you use on your home connection.

>uTorrent
>not using qtorrent or transmission

Op watch massively long 4k videos on YouTube also torrent linux distros... Download...delete repeat.

Many keks will be had.

what is this verizon wireless? 3g / LTE connection?

Why not leave those jews and get another carrier?

>unlimited plans
>aren't really unlimited
>pay us more money for our jewery

Do you want to waste just download, or also upload?

For a double whammy, figure out how to get your phone to download the largest assert on the Verizon website, over and over and over again.

It sounds kinda depressing but I haven't even considered it because at this point, I'm nearly 100% sure they put some failsafe / backup in the contract they had me sign, and if not, the lawyers will more than likely look for loopholes to keep them safe.

>not using rtorrent

It would be pretty easy to dl 6TB if you ditched your home connection and just tethered everything in your home to your unlimited mobile data.

Americans are so fucked, while their ISP companies introduce data caps and limits the dl rates opposite is happening here in NZ where every ISP now offers unlimited for cheap as chips whereas 5 years ago where it was $90 for 30GB per month.

I legit still don't get it, I don't even use 1TB a month, the fuck do you do that wastes 6TB?

I don't understand either, there are three people in my house and we're just using over 120GB per month. Anything past 1TB is mindboggling/NEET tier.

Just dl large files off torrent websites, why are you asking this? You have steam OP? Dl your entire steam library and watch this playlist on your computer

youtube.com/watch?v=rVcTPfBxOPU&list=PL_T9MO520krq5QsT1sIHdmBUNodksi8v2

I don't think we Finns are actually contesting that.

Also, Elisa/Saunalahti goodness. Unlimited calls, text, MMS, 4G data, 23€/month. Can't complain. I know it's probably possible to get the same for even cheaper, but I'm personally happy with their service. Though I do give them a call every year/few years, saying that I've been looking at competitors' deals.

Didn't they restrict tethering in the US, at least on some providers? (As fucking insane that sounds, as if the provider should be able to dictate whether you tether or not.)

Find 4K video playlists on YouTube. Set resolution to 4K turn on auto play. Do this for 10-20 tabs.

Torrent every Linux distribution out there. Write a script that automatically deletes the torrent when it's done and starts downloading it again.

Very fucking easy. I alone use 1TB, my wife uses about 250GB. It comes from streaming HD video, downloading large games and movies. Bloated as fuck websites don't help either. Some websites will waste 5-10MB per page load. Doesn't seem like much but that shit adds up quickly

Verizon stopped offering the unlimited contracts years ago, but allowed people who had said contracts to continue on a month to month basis after the contract had expired. Now they are stating that if you go over 100gb in a month, they will not offer the same deal next month. Completely legal on their part.

It's a picture I felt like but never got around posting to /ptg/ because of shame

>using over 100GB a month on a smartphone
>admitting to piracy
>fuck you, leecher
>get a god damned home connection without such bullshit caps
>you leech, you fucking pay

"how do I greentext?": the post

These companies are deliberately doing this by agents within them and outside, the goal is to make their service so poor that when Google Fiber arrives around the United States in 2025, all consumers will switch over without batting an eye-lid, ensuring the NSA botnet has complete access to all traffic without any difficulties.

Don't buy peanut butter either, the fat has nanomachines in it.

Two of my largest folders

Use less data, if it's only 20gb over it shouldn't be hard to adjust.

>
>Didn't they restrict tethering in the US, at least on some providers? (As fucking insane that sounds, as if the provider should be able to dictate whether you tether or not.)

No, at least not on Android. iPhone users I know say they can't because they need a special cell phone plan or something, though.

You're flat out lying and all of those sites have no primary source.

The only relevant information I can find relates to Verizon adding $20/m to grandfathered data plans. This period specifically targets very very old alltel and all-in-one plans. I was hit by the first rollout of unl. plan price hikes last year.

If VZW were to boot people for arbitrary data use they would have been giving the smackdown on high use users for a long time now. I have never ever been throttled according to their rules and I've been "abusing" tethering for years now.

As usual, a thread on Sup Forums is nothing but fear, uncertainty and doubt.

>when it's done downloading
>!= when it's seeded 2.0

(You) BASTARD!

Edgy

How big is the Wikipedia archive?

Nothing can be unlimited given finite resources.
I'm not saying the current price/[unit data] is fair; I don't want to be complacent.
But it's better to have plans with honest limits than throttling your connection when you hit an invisible wall.

Fuck off rajeet