For all those bemoaning the loss of 3.5mm jack...

For all those bemoaning the loss of 3.5mm jack, wireless headphones have over taken wired headphones in revenue for the first time in June. 54% to 46% of all sales dollars...a 42% year over year increase. While only 17% of unit sales, the writing is on the wall. Headphone and earpiece manufacturers are going to follow the profit, not the units...

techcrunch.com/2016/07/28/npd-headphones/amp/

not much unlike apple's dominance in revenue vs unit sales compared to android.

This is all occurring before the removal of the feature, my guess is the sales/revenue data has been pointing to this flip for awhile now and the tipping point has been reached...it's a wireless future and the only bottom commodity feeders will play in the wired headphone/earbud world, again not much different than the android or pc market.

I'm old enough to remember the change from albums to cd's and cassettes to cd's, arguments could be made to the sound quality or durability of the replaced tech, but the trade off of better sound quality of cassettes and better portability than albums was enough to shift all manufacture's to the CD hardware world. Only extreme audiophiles held against the change. The masses and the profit moved on.

People will cry about money, investment etc, I know I did. I owned at least 300 cassettes and 100's of albums...yet I eventually rebought a good portion of it on cd over time. People will buy wireless no matter how many $300 headphones they own eventually.

Apple isn't doing much different here, the money will be in wireless for the foreseeable future and they happen to own a headphone/earbud brand that will profit from that trend change.

Hardcore audiophiles will cry, adapt, rig, and sacrifice to keep all their "best" quality setups but the masses will move on for the freedom of having no cord..

I can sympathize and agree with many points of every argument against keeping the port...but money talks and the manufacturers know the money is in wireless now.

Two wrongs don't make a right

And here is the amount of space wasted inside the phone by a headphone jack

And how much is wasted for that useless function calles touch-ID?

Is it starting?
Are people gonna call something being stolen innovation?

Your point is completely invalid because we can have both a 3.5mm jack and jewtooth or whatever,

>someone does something different
>its shit and nobody uses
>Apple copies it
>just werks and its a huge success
>poorfags get mad because apple didn't 'invent' it

lel

>im old
>the update in audio quality from tapes to cds was great
>this somehow relates to an arbitrary decision to remove something that wasn't a problem in anyway

>hurr durr normies love wireless a2dp shit
>hurr durr stop using your completely fine collection of high quality headphones and start using lossy quality a2dp
>hurr durr you have t-to c-charge it b-but it's w-wireless
>hurr durr get on with times
fuck off

But it is a problem. The 3.5mm jack is what's keeping phones as thick as they are.

It needs to die to make way for the future.

>hurr durr muh slimm
Yeah, you forgot the Bendgate? I thought so.

>People will buy wireless no matter how many $300 headphones they own eventually.

lol

do you actually know how long the quarter inch jack has been in use?
and the 3.5mm jack after that?

you're delusional, and I truly mean that, not just posting to follow typical stupidity Sup Forums procedures

now, obviously there will be idiots who buy wireless headphones or adapters to compensate for this fucking from apple. thing is, those people aren't us. they don't browse Sup Forums, anybody who is even remotely tech inclined would see this for what it is.

>muh wasted space!
Now it is the lightning connector that is wasting space. Let's ditch that and do everything wirelessly.

Are you retarded

nice bait.

how fucking thin do phones have to be user, will we not be satisfied until its just the same width of the pcb? does that mean that the battery is next to go because ITS JUST MAKING THINGS TO THICK and I want my phone to be a piece of paper

Its not about thickness retard, see

You're pretty good.

i use a small and thick phone, many people on Sup Forums do as well

you need to leave, i think sites like reddit and arstechnica may be more suited for you. to each his own -- but your own isn't found here, obviously

>muh tech inclined meme

its called being poor

I would be all for it if battery technology had gone an inch further in the last fucking decade but sadly it hadn't and I don't want to be charging a billion peripherals with 230945783208956130498567490823456723467038921568721657802344689037 cables every fucking 5 hours.

You misunderstood me, man.
By stolen i meant the 3.5jack being stolen from us, the consumers.

Let me say something crazy here, but what if that extra space could be used for a bigger battery?

>battery on the iPhone 7/7+ is bigger compared to the 6
>A10 was developed focusing on battery life

Everyone will forget about this when they announce 2 day battery life for the 7 and 3 day for the 7+.

If that doesn't happen apple is fucked.

>ad hominem

goodbye, credibility

reported for hacking

>Everyone will forget about this when they announce 2 day battery life for the 7 and 3 day for the 7+.
You mean when they announce "full day" battery life and it actually lasts a full day, unlike the 7~8 hours it gets with light usage now.

>increase battery a tiny little bit
>throw the increase away by having to have bluetooth constantly on and paired with your headphones, which you also have to charge now too

I N N O V A T I O N

My 6s+ lasts almost 2 full days

>

Actually tech inclined people know that Android is garbage and iPhone is the only viable choice.

Tech inclined is what poorfags believe they are to justify their shitty phones.

lmaoing @ ur life

I can't believe you guys even use shit products

my android with kitkat bought in 2014 lasts me 3-4 full days on a single charge

>I'm old enough to remember the change from albums to cd's and cassettes to cd's, arguments could be made to the sound quality or durability of the replaced tech, but the trade off of better sound quality of cassettes and better portability than albums was enough to shift all manufacture's to the CD hardware world.
What? That makes absolutely no sense. CDs provide the best sound quality of the three, absolutely objectively. Only absolute idiots use LPs because they sound "warmer" which is not a thing.

Again, there's no case for replacing the 3.5mm jack. Bluetooth provides objectively worse sound quality, kills batter life and requires a separate battery for the headset.

You seem to misunderstand. If they weren't pieces of expensive shit that drained significantly more battery, then I wouldn't mind at all.

>thinking a company like Apple is just trying things out
>thinking a company like Apple isn't behind entire industry shifts and shifts in technology
>thinking a company like Apple isn't so deeply involved in shit you'll never see the surface of that they can't practically predict and be the future

>wireless earphones
>need DAC and amp in the earphones itself
"no"
that is a ridiculously stupid idea

When your home&lock screen is tied at the highest battery usage it is obvious you barely touch the phone.

>poorfag btfo
>oh wait let me post this reaction pic

top keke

>Only absolute idiots use LPs because they sound "warmer" which is not a thing.

it is a thing, its called saturation. most 'older' analog formats have this. but it doesnt really exist in todays pressed vinyl because of how much the production process has changed since 30-50 years ago

>TouchID
>Useless

Are you retarded? The TouchID assembly is in the display assembly.

>4%

>Headphone and earpiece manufacturers are going to follow the profit, not the units...
only the shit ones
it's not what i buy anyway

Wait, why dont I have Bluetooth earphones?

How much do they have to charge anyway? That seems to be the only downside but not having those wires getting all fucked up in my bag is a big plus

I think I will give it a try. And I dont even own an iPhone

Fpbp

As soon as Bluetooth headphones will stop long the signal when they are shielded by human body, I will consider it viable. For now, it's not the push for wireless, it's a push for a proprietary wired connector for your headphones/buying an overpriced adapter with a small apple logo on it.

>he doesnt know about bluetooth 5

> kitkat
Say hi to stage fright fir me.
Kthx dad.

>having to charge your headphones
>losing them because you can't just wrap the cable around the phone
>50 dollar adapter
>can't charge and listen to music
>even thinner so bluetooth will murder your battery after 10-20 songs
No. I'll never buy this bullshit. It's inconvenient and bluetooth is much worse for audio quality. I'm not an audiophile but I won't be jewed into pissing away money on a product with one port. Fucking useless garbage. Screw Apple and your shill thread. Saged.

>>can't charge and listen to music
what
>>even thinner so bluetooth will murder your battery after 10-20 songs
see

>wireless headphones make more money because they are really overpriced
>this means that everyone uses wireless headphones
lel

>remove 3.5mm jack
>hardly any thinner than it's predecessor
Enjoy your beath by Dr.Dre now with bluetooth.

>wew lads, we'll be able to fit so much more battery in it
>too bad it will burn through it faster since everyone will be using bluetooth so much more xD

thats fucking amazing.

Glass back wireless charging with wifi sync only iPhone 8 more than likely at this point.

(you)

Charger uses lightning port. Adapter will use lightning port. There is one lightning port. Do the math pajeet. Read the last line of his post. Apple won't deliver 2 and 3 day battery. Their flagship right now has a 1715 mAh battery. The 6 from 2014 had an 1810 mAh battery. They're moving backwards to make their shit thinner. The A9 is just as power hungry as the A8 and software updates have made it worse. Your precious Applel is jewing you out of your money. Their products stuck ass. Buy a Nexus device.

>9 hour usage time
>almost 2 days
>not even half of 1

>No. I'll never buy this bullshit.
No, I don't buy his bullshit either.

I'm honestly scared of a fully wireless household. I feel like the bombarding of wireless signals constantly would be unhealthy over the course of a few decades. Similarly to how prolonged exposure to fluorescent lighting can increase odds of skin cancer.

It's not bullshit. I'm just never buying another Apple device. Last one I bought was an iPhone 4s in 2012. Never again.

>Wireless headphones make more money

Yet all phones still have the headphone jack you retard

>Similarly to how prolonged exposure to fluorescent lighting can increase odds of skin cancer.
Can't be worse than natural light though.

Well you live in a household that has been bombarded by FM radio and cell phone signals all day every day

Enjoy faggot

> 1 hole > 2 holes

What did Apple mean by this?

are you retarded

>It's not bullshit. I'm just never buying another Apple device.
Awww. You've made Tim Cook cry again.

But we are talking about bluetooth speakers here.

And the new iPhone does have a bigger batter and the a10 has been developed with power efficiency in mind.

Why do Sup Forumsentoos assume removal of the jack is to make it thinner? I thought people here were smart

All the chips have been developed with power efficiency in mind.
Every iPhone has had a larger battery.
It still lasts one day.

wireless headphones are better for portable devices. only lunatic audiophiles will use wired headphones with their phones in the future.

>lunatic audiophiles
and people who don't want another expensive and disposable device to worry about charging.

Feels good to have a huge selection of chinkphones to choose from rather than crapple

Not really, they are focusing on battery life on the A10 rather than performance.

Not every iPhone had a larger battery

And they all run android..

I'm actually very curious to watch the keynote to see how they are going to justify the lack of 3.5 jack.

You say that like its a bad thing.

iphone4 was the best thickness and size

I guess its not..

...if you cant afford an iPhone

blow me, i dont need another fucking gadget that needs to be charged every night

Do bluetooth headphones need to be charged every night?

Ayy, now I get it.

Every hour

great now maybe we'll get wireless headphones that don't suck complete dick

Nice viral marketing, Apple. Too bad no one will ever fall for it.

>only bottom commodity feeders will play in the wired headphone/earbud world

Then normies are retarded, as per usual. The quality is better. Yes, I am a slight audiofag but it's true. No serious gamer would want wireless internet if they had access to wired. No audiophile would use wireless headphones unless they had to. Remove it, you don't get my purchase.

Niggers you don't understand.

Apple tells people what to like and they like it. If they boxed up shit as the new phone people would convince themselves it was the future. Removing features is "cool" now that Apple says so. If Applefags were already swayed by features and practicality most of them would have an Android already.

Can I get a serious reply pls

Too bad android will never have the best features of iOS

No, Im pretty sure its the battery.

Also my phone is already really thin. It would have poor ergonomics if it crosses that line.

Depends on how large the battery is and how long it is used

Too crazy for my taste. Dont you think the bluetooth would eat that battery improvement anyways? Also...

>charging headphones

Forced iTunes and no expandable storage?

Software updates and a good looking UI

>Software udpates
Sure

>Good looking UI
Fuck no. All the colors in the icons and ui are like a fucking clown suit. iPhone UI is tacky as fuck.

I like my minimalism with custom launchers on android. I dont know if its possible with a stock iPhone, but with android you can get a good looking ui just installing a single software that doesnt require root.

>iphone 4s doesnt run pokemon go properly despise the fact its just 2 generations behind
Yeah no

>Fuck no. All the colors in the icons and ui are like a fucking clown suit. iPhone UI is tacky as fuck.
Nice opinion.

Sure you can change launcher and icons on android but that doesn't change the fact that the UI is completely inconsistent. All the apps look different from each other (some look like bad iOS ports, some have 3 year old design, some have a poor interpretation of MD). Ricing only makes thing look even more inconsistent.

iPhone UI is far superior because of the consistent and flawless experience it provides.

I could not possibly give less of a shit which sells better, what a retarded fucking thread.

4s has shitty hardware m8, just look at the benchmarks.

iPhone 5 is 4 years old and it runs as well as any android flagship.