Where did I go wrong Sup Forums?

Where did I go wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

howitworksdaily.com/what-is-urine-made-up-of/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not buying a case, doofus.

By buying and THEN asking.

At a glance, the M65, the g400s/g502/fk1 isn't much more expensive and far superior if you're gaming. Also getting a cat, at all. Dogs are the only acceptable pet - cats are for shit cunts.

Yeah, not itx

Hasn't come in yet. Getting the enthoo evolv tempered glass

>three SSD's
Why?
>leafblower fans and silent PSU
lel

Look closer, he actually has 4 SSDs. I also ask why

Most of it was bought locally, I can return almost anything here.

FINGERPRINTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But are fingerprints actually a problem with glass panels?

You decided to visit Sup Forums.

M.2 for OS and some editing progs
2x intels in striped raid for games
Ocz for other progs/misc

I have a bunch of spinning media for backups or whatever else.

Should be able to limit the rpms though, no?

Very nice looking case, was considering it but I'll probably mod a PowerMac G5 case to ATX instead because I'm a cheapskate.

Yeah, but I'm not going to be smearing my tendies on it anytime soon

#1 you bought Dominator Platinum DDR3

The DDR4 box is red unless I'm mistaken

All other corsair components sucks

no mech keyboard, rice mouse, water cooling is OK but Noctua NH D15 is better

The industrial PPC fans are awesome but loud asf so you might return those even if you control the speed in speed in uefi bios

ftw is the worst series from evga

ocz ssd sucks

otherwise nice cpu 6950x and best mobo

*6850K my bad, still the best for clock speed and probably for OC

>falling for the AIO meme

NH-D15 all you need

You got a cat instead of dogger.

> he didn't buy a sound card

>asus mememonitor

> you didn't buy a sound card

also check with evga if you can return that gpu and buy a titan x with their step up program

>he bought a soundcard

Also op, dont let anyone piss on your sunshine, enjoy your life and the choices you've made

yeah and live on cloud9, a soundcard offloads cpu processing as well

Nevermind,just saw the specs of the motherboard online
Great build OP

What the fuck are you doing to ever need the 6850? Or did you get it for shits and giggles?

Either way it's good

Ya and pissing in a pool increases the water level slightly. Seriously, when the fuck are you ever actually above even 50% cpu or even remotely throttled by your processor? This isn't 2001, nobody's using a p4 anymore

piss isn't water which is the whole point unless you like mixing sound and processing

Looks good OP. Happy building. Where's the mem?

Its like 99% water

Im sure your cpu can figure it out. I didnt even notice performance issues related to sound on my old first gen i3 shitbox laptop from 2011

it's not the performance it's about the audio, look whatever you say makes you happy is fine with me. saying piss is water is mind boggling. that said crystal sound is amazing esp. on deluxe but never better than a soundcard

>falling for the ssd meme

howitworksdaily.com/what-is-urine-made-up-of/

you should have bough rx 480 instead

>ssds
>32gb ram
>i7
>gaymen monitor
>gaymen mouse

Why do you have a power supply capable of supplying over 1kW?

>6850k
>1 GPU
>1050w PSU for a system that will draw under 400w.

The 6850k only makes sense if you have 2 or more GPUs because of the extra PCIe lanes.

Otherwise just save $200 and get the 6800k, they're identical silicon and overclock to identical levels.

>GAMING MONITOR

Kill yourself

Too many SSDs, No HDDs at all
Watercooling maymay, enjoy your leaks
Edgelord RAM
Complete overkill waste-of-money tier PSU
GAYMAN keyboard and mouse
Decent cat

3/10 see me after class

Oh yeah forgot to mention the fans are fucking retarded overkill, 3000 RPM is insane, hope you can limit their max speed in the BIOS

>3000 RPM is insane, hope you can limit their max speed in the BIOS
they're PWM fans, they are adjustable.

You can limit them to the 1500RPM of the retail model if you feel like.

>6 cores at ∼4.2Ghz for 700$
Why not dual E5-2690v3 with MBD-X10DAL-I-O?

>amd
>60GB harddrive
being poor must suck huh

You fell for all the memes. Jesus Christ op. That's a turbo minesweeper and Mongolian shadow puppet forum browsing machine.

(You paid way too much for your likely use scenario)

>corsair mouse

>Ocz for other progs/misc
>I have a bunch of spinning media for backups or whatever else.

Make sure you back up all the shit on that OCZ. Those pieces of shit don't last long yet people keep buying them because they are cheap.

>not buying Logitech

Logitech, Zowie, Steelseries whatever.

for the first time, someone on Sup Forums has DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT!

I really just wanted 40 pci lanes, and this is the cheapest new haswell that does that. 6800 is 26 or 28.

I don't need any of this. I spec'd out a $1200 build that would have been just fine.

It's that corsair platinum 3000 ddr4

>Doesn't use Arctic Silver

It's sweetspot with the efficiency curve, no fan needed, etc is right at what my average power consumption should be.

>willingly getting jewed by nvidia
LOL

>not getting MX2

You went wrong, OP. :(

Yeah I really just couldn't find anywhere that had 2 of these video cards in stock so I wanted to be able to expand. Who knows might end up with two titan xp cards in the end.

You can, pwm

They aren't free.
We Sup Forums scavange pentium 4s and 3. Followed by jerking off on hawt 2D grils

Yeah I was going to get the zowie ex2-a, but this corsair I think looks better. I don't think the minute differences would have mattered to me too much.

You got the version with the good sensor, at least.

That's the gelid extreme

>1000W PSU
Overkill, but I guess it doesn't hurt

Wtf is mx2?

I used to as well. Worked hard and now it's time to treat myself.

Arctic Silver MX2, but if it's gelid extreme I guess you did alright

Otherwise seems like a great build

Everyone says that, but a good platinum 1k watt psu has a sweetspot around 500-600 watts. It's not drawing more than it needs anyway.

Thanks. Yeah it's this one.

Never applied my own thermal paste before, so we'll see how that goes.

That Gelid thermal paste is terrible. Dries up and glues your CPU to your heatsink after a few months. I almost ripped the pins off my CPU because of this. Return that shiet ASAP.

The only other one I've used is AS5 so I recommend that instead.

>6850k
For what purpose? Do you really need all those PCI-E lanes? Cause that's what you paid for.

I almost regret buying a 1070 FTW instead of 1080 FTW but I'm buying either the 1080ti or vega equivalent when it's out anyway.

>Never applied my own thermal paste before
>$2k+ build
wew

>around 500-600 watts
Which is actually below what you will be drawing probably.
I use both an AMD GPU and CPU and barely draw
350W or so when gaming.

This, the amount of times I hear this from people on here.

Can confirm this, my R9 290 + 4690K combo, both overclocked as far as I can get them (and in the 290's case, at 150% power limit), never drew more than 510W from the wall, and that's with a mere 80+ rated 700W PSU.

>CPU
>pins

What are you using, a Pentium 4?

This is literally the first time I've heard that. Sure you're not just retarded?

Planning on expanding into pci ssd in the next year or so, and SLI for either the titan or ti

Last build I had a noctua dh15s, and from what I read the thermal paste is pretty good as is.
To be honest there's not a huge gain for me taking the paste off the corsair h115i, but I want to try.

Also I'm not just a retard with money, just been getting back into consumer tech over the last year or so

>cat

N U M A L E
U

M
A
L
E

He's not even facing the camera, and it's not my cat. Dude was just jumping off my pile.

He plays fetch and kills birds, he's alright with me as long as I don't actually have to take care of him.

dropping down to 8x barely affects GPU performance, it's like margin of error levels

in all these places

numale sjw scum

go back to your hipster faggot noman sky
>>>/v

not to mention gaming monitor mee mee

How?

100% right, but z170 chips only have 20 pci lanes, putting me close to that limit with any pci adapters and m.2 drives.

What is a better monitor?

>gtx 1080
1080ti will be out probably pretty soon so you overpaid for that.

>i7-6850k
for fucking what? gaming? nice joke

>32gb of ram
16 is plenty for almost all builds unless you purposely run a shit ton of programs which is sperg mode autism on its own.

>strafe rgb and m65 rgb
corsair "le game gear" is a fucking rgb gimmick and a meme at best. Much more solid keyboards and mice for cheaper.

>480gb off-brand ssd for $200
do i have to explain this one?

>1050w psu
WAY more than you will EVER need. You literally threw away money buy that. an 850w power supply would be PLENTY. even that would be an overpriced meme.

>cat
idk i threw it in for the meme?

>tfw 850w gold psu for 4690k and gtx 780

yea 650w would even be slightly over doing it with that setup. Its okay though, a lot of people got jewd into buying really high watt power supplies in like 2014-15 some how. People are getting smarter though.

>1k watt psu has a sweetspot around 500-600 watts
Well considering 50% of the time you'll likely just be idling on the desktop or watching youtube or someshit, it will be using likely 80-130w at idle.

The platinum spec calls for 90% efficiency at 20% load levels, but 20% of 1050 is 210w, that would be a light gaming load with your specs.

Idling will be below 20% power draw which means it is likely far below that 90% efficiency, only the titanium specification requires high efficiency at 10% load levels, which is what you will be idling at.

Should've gone for an 800w titanium rated unit senpai.

Yeah I run a 5820k and GTX 970 on a 600w PSU.

I dont ever see more than ~450w from the wall and that's with my 5820k at 4.6GHz

Well if you did want it for games. 24" is usually the best, and i dont know if im looking at the correct monitor but if you paid $833 for that thing, i feel bad. The only thing that make it that expensive is the 165hz meme. Horribly overpriced for something that wont make a giant difference unless you run a lot of games at 150+ fps. I would try to find a nice 24" 120hz/144hz monitor with a 1ms response. You could probably easily find a nice one for under $350.

I was actually going to sli. I used to have 3 gtx 770s. Now I'm stuck with a gtx 780 and it's already enough to satisfy me. Might go all out at the end of 2017 and get a higher res monitor along with whatever strong gpu is out.
I barely play games though... It sucks having a nice pc but losing your interest in games. Looking forward to maybe mafia 3 and ff 15/kingdom hearts.

Yeah, I mean if we're being really honest, for my last build I had some $30 open box LG 24inch monitor that was 60hz at 1080p and that was totally fine. I'm pretty skeptical this $700 monitor is going to be worth that price difference.

Welcome to the g-sync tax. The exact same monitor with freesync would probably be $500

I think you're mostly right, but other than maybe $60-40, I didn't lose out on anything. The reviews are also really good. This won't be my daily driver computer, I have others for that.