>he has sudo installed
>he wastes his time instead of just logging in as root

>typing sudo
>logging out and back in twice

which one of these is a bigger waste of time

>he isn't logged in as root at all times

>not using su

this

Whether you have sudo installed or not is definitely nothing you can feel pride about in a way that would get anyone anything close to pussy. You can use linux all you want and love it to death but being proud of it is most certainly poisonous to a healthy sex life.

No it's not. Just don't be a super-nerd and you'll be fine.

I'm proud GNU/Linux user and I haven't been single more than 2 weeks in like 14 years.

The trick is to be confident about your choices when they are different from other people's and not shill them 24/7 like it's the only thing that matters. When asked, just explain that you personally chose to install Gentoo because you're not a cuck.

>he isn't running rootless
>he doesn't understand kernel security
Fuck off frogposter cuck

>He wants to fuck up his machine

Kali linux kid detected.

>he uses Kali to GIMP memes

What's the point in sudo? Tell me honestly. Isn't it kinda stupid that I can do what a root does with my user password? I just use su -c and it's equally easy and fast.

>he fell for the sudo meme

It stops rogue applications trying to get root privileges. On Windows you wouldn't even know this shit because UAC is like a glass ceiling.

How does it stop them from doing that? Isn't it like I give an application full root privileges when I open it with sudo? How is it different from su?

As I understand it, it's when you want something to do as YOU, but with root privileges, while su switches completely to the root user.

The advantage of this is more obvious in servers and systems with multiple human users.

open a second tab dumbshit

UAC is actually very good as a security measure in the maximum setting. In literally any other setting though, it's a wall made of tissue paper and totally worthless.

sudo su

I just su

>a healthy sex life.
Sticking your dick in an onahole is just as healthy. Don't fool yourself.

I usually just keep a root terminal running for when I need it.

So what exactly stops applications you install from using your sudo access?

>not being an onahole for your bf

Agreed. I have yet to be fucked, but I'm already doing kegels so I'd satisfy my partner.

This.

UAC was made mostly for knowledgeable system admins in charge of multiple users. It stops retards from fucking up the OS. It also notifies the admin if something bad got through and wants to change shit.

If one of those said retards is ALREADY the admin, (like on a home PC that they own), then UAC is completely useless since the dumbfuck will ignore the warning and will click on "Yes" anyways.

Sudo is like clicking "Yes" in UAC, so it also depends on how wise the admin is.

All in all, in my opinion, OP is correct since it's good practice to log in as a standard user most of the time, and actually log in as root/admin when you actually need to do system-wide changes and other important jobs that might fuck with the OS.

god what an ugly fatty

Go back to Windows XP if you want to be sploitable like that.

>healthy
>sex life
Enjoy your STD's, friend

/thread

...the password prompt?

only on my desktop. i use su on servers.

>imagine being at computers
>have multiple administrators
and now:
>they all have to use one root account
vs
>they all can use sudo
other than that, you can just run specific commands elevated to an administrator level with sudo, its a preference thing and its harder to fuck something up when using sudo.

But I don't have sudo installed

>not using su -l

What's wrong with sudo, frogfag?

>not simply using multiple terminal windows or screen

just use "sudo -v" fucking piece of shit.
You'll have root permissions for 15 minutes as default.

put line at bottom of sudoers
%you-user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
bind keyboard shortcut to xfce4-terminal -s sudo su or put it in a script and chmod 755 place it in user bin and name it a one character letter to make it faster, without keyboard shortcut. Insecure as fuck.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE FUCKING FAGGOTS.

>Eunuchs make the best programmers
>UNIX make the best programmers
You may be on to something.

>sudo su
Do

sudo -i

Instead

> literally every single guide on the internet uses sudo
> mfw I can't copy paste the commands because I don't have sudo
Using sudo instead of root when the user might as well have admin rights is security theater.

>xfce4-terminal
ayyyyy