Freetards will defend this

freetards will defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/authentication_and_encryption/Control-USB-Devices-Group-Policy.html
gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Device-Management-7fad2388
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It makes them feel speshul hakkkers

Bait. Move along.

15 rupees have been deposited into your account Pajeet.

K, now do it on the 10k machines you administrate

Linux having a terrible UX is considered bait now?

its all they have left in their life, they think suffering to disable a microphone will make them smarter.

Never heard of Windows domains and Group Policies, cuck?

Look kid. This is a based GNU/+Linux board please proceed and head down to Microshit forums for shilling.

There are more people here using Windows than Ganoo Loonix, retard. Go back to your containment thread.

Nope. Rajeesh please shill and poo in the loo somewhere else.
Here's a nice place >>>/Reddit/

>Nope
That's wishful thinking, sadly.
Especially if we also count the dual-booters and Windows in a VM users.

yup

Think whatever makes you feel happy Pajeet.

B-but at least I know how my c-computer actually works!

>windows user calls people cucks

>Still thinking Sup Forums isn't shit and full of Windows users.

>Shilling Wincuck OS for his daily use of the loo

>Saying that sadly more people use Windows is shilling for it

How can you fail at basic reading comprehension that much?

>Still trying to shill
Jesus Pajeet if you want a promotion for the loo just poo in it.

I sure hope you're on drugs, not literally retarded

OK Pajeet relax.

Ok, show me a GPO that disables a system device.

I'll wait

Wow, a GUI vs. non GUI

/thread

And not just a system device, but A TYPE of system device.

After so much time with Linux... I gave up. You can do things with commands but I am getting tired of it. Most of the software, even if it's free, is shit... Hurts to say that. Windows is not perfect, it's shit too, but at least I have good software and I don't have to tweak my theme or settings everyday. You don't have to but being on Linux makes you want to explore and try a lot of things.

and not one single person on this thread showed a way to do through the GUI on Linux. just validates OP's point.

>not reading config files
>not knowing lsusb
>not knowing echo
Jesus Christ help you retards. Windows drivers cuck you winfags so much you can't control devices based on vender id or device id.

Just admit you're obsolete already
m.windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/authentication_and_encryption/Control-USB-Devices-Group-Policy.html

WE WUZ TYPING COMMANDS N SHIEEEET

>how to disable a type of system devices (integrated imaging devices) through a GPO
>post an article from 2008 on how to disable USB devices through Group Policy in Windows Vista
Functional illiteracy is a terrible thing.

Honestly, as a Linux (ex)user, Linux is good if you don't do photo editing, video editing, Office work and can't afford a Windows license. Yeah, I understand, security, privacy, ext4 but for what? At the end of the day I want the work done. I always installed Libreoffice, Gimp, Darktable, Krita, Kdenlive. I rarely used them because they are not reliable from my experience. I broke lots of CDs and DVDs with Linux. The Intel driver is slow as shit if your screen goes to sleep and you wake it up. I just want to finish what I have to do then move on, do something else. I liked Linux but it really isn't for me. The privacy didn't help me at all, just made me feel alone in a fucked up world and everyone around me is dangerous. It's now worth it, not for me.

Happy now?

Get-Help Disable-PNPDevice
or
gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Device-Management-7fad2388
Get-Help Disable-Device

systemd devs are on it

literally saving linux

>thread about how Windows can be supposedly administrated through a simple GUI and not by crawling through endless man pages to use a CLI
>reply with RTFM on PowerShell
You missed the point about a mile.

yes i know you can view, but can you disable?

what has an init to do with device management UIs?

>Thinks people use Linux because they post rice desktop
>post Gentoo Meme

Wow,you guys are completely retarded.
80% + use Windows as main OS.

>talk about init
>"systemd is EEE botnet bloatware!"
>talk about fixing the shit parts of linux (networkd, machinectl, etc)
>"lol it's just an init faggot"

>linuxtards not even trying to prove OP wrong
Holy shit so it's real then.

what are you trying to say?
we're talking about UIs here, not init, daemon manager, or whatever you want to call systemd

making a cli device manager that works is the first step to making a gui device manager

Also making a unified cli tool (i.e. don't have to hunt for commands and can get it with one manpage) can make a gui unnecessary for most linux users

>making a cli device manager that works is the first step to making a gui device manager
But OP already demonstrated that it's possible in Linux.
He was just bitching about the fact that you can't do it in a nice graphical application.

>it's possible
wew

It's right there in OP's image.

the point is that it's complicated and fragmented

systemd has been good about introducing unified and easily-configured tools in these situations

who cares if there's a gui on top of it?

and for developing such applications I find working with sysfs much easier than some random dbus api

Shoo... Shoo... shill somewhere else Pajeet.

Honestly these people are retarded. Linux is nice, but it does have these kinds of glaring issues, just admit it. That procedure in the OP pic is nigh impossible to figure out on your own unless you have extensive knowledge of the tools to start with, and even then it's error-prone, all in all, unintuitive as shit. That's not even such an uncommon task for somebody to do, so it should be achievable easier, plain and simple.

Doesn't make the OS shit, but it's not nice either.

yes but on linux you can read the code to confirm it is truly disabling the camera. on Windows you have to have blind faith that the Disable button truly disables it.

# echo "blacklist uvcvideo" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

linux: freedom to do things that nobody ever does

assuming that switch actually works, which is highly doubtful, a default windows installation allows the standard local user to flip hardware on and off, which is fucking retarded, and basically negates any reason you might have for disabling the webcam in the first place. As a windows user I am sure you don't understand why

meanwhile I don't even have the kernel modules installed which would run the webcam