PC build thread. I'm about to build my first, so I included peripherals

PC build thread. I'm about to build my first, so I included peripherals.

Other urls found in this thread:

kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows 8.1
thebottlenecker.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

700usd doesnt even get a i5 and r9 390? wew

Don't be a total faggot and buy w8. You can get legit keys from kenguin or leddit for $20. Now you can afford a rx470/80.

without all the peripherals it's only $460 dipshit

Wait for what? Also, what keys?

A "key" is the activation code or whatever. I can't be arsed to find the leddit link but here:
kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows 8.1
Might be cheaper on leddit, idk.

Anyway the 380x is nice but dated at this point. 470 performs so much better for not much more than you are paying now.

Cool, I'll look into that. Thanks!

If you don't plan to up it to 32gb of RAM, I would recommend buying 2x4gb. It's better to have your RAM split into different lanes.
Also, buying Windows 8 is disgusting.
Drop Windows 8 and buy a RX 480 or R9 290.

Consider buying an intel pentium G3258. Similiar price and their single thread performance is insane for the price. Lastly they overclock up to a stable 4.6 very easily, and this is with a shitty air cooler.

don't do this

how do you not buy an OS

Why not? His GPU is what the bottleneck is and the saved money go towards a better one.

Would I have to worry about bottlenecking with an i3 and rx 480. Also I saw a r9 390x for $260, I was thinking that over a 480.

kms pico
daz loader
mstoolkit

Google it

Will do. And not to keep bugging you but would I have to worry about bottlenecking with only an i3? Since there is an r9 390x on sale for 260.

>it's better to have your RAM split into different lanes.

Does it even make a real difference?

thebottlenecker.com

You will have half the bandwidth?

>DreamSpark
>Use a work licence
>Write down the OEM key from any laptop on display in a store, use it on your machine. Might have to make a call to MS to activate it however.
>Yarrr!
Also take a look at the second hand market. You can easily get better hardware at the same price.

>thebottlenecker.com
>Memory: HDD 5400RPM, HDD 7200RPM, SSD
And in the rubbish bin it goes...

the i3 is not on there, sorry. I would assume with the 390x, you will encounter a small degree of bn-ing. 390x is a very strong card, essentially a 980. In all honesty, I would recommend an i5 with that card. But at $260, its too good not to buy.
agreed

Sorry mate 4 fake cores is still better than 2

I said *real* difference, as in something that you would be able to notice when using the computer.

Gamers, mainstream users, and office users shouldn't care

Anyone doing serious simulation (CFD, parametric analysis) will heavily benefit from dual/quad-channel configurations

If you want to push speed, density and frequency should be at the top of your list.

r8 Need advice on a cheap keyboard to get

Hello, you seem to have mistaken this board for the consumer advice board. Unfortunately, Sup Forums is actually about technology rather than purchase advice. Luckily, the folks over at are more than willing to help!

If your only major processing intensive task is gamimg you might want to get an i3-6100 when over clocked which you can do by flashing an update to that bios you can oc non k CPUs and it performs very well. You probably already know that though just my suggestion.

why don't you fuck off

I like these threads

Already got the 6600k for $150 from a friend so a bit late for that.

What do these stars mean? O.o

Then go like them on where they belong

Anything with the desired keys will feel exactly the same. I used Cherry MX Reds but that's just me. There is pretty much no reason to spend load of money on a keyboard unless you really want the extra features.
I got the non-RGB Corsair K70 on sale when they updated the design (technically it was classed as legacy or something like that) for like £70, which is still probably too much for a keyboard but hey. It's served me pretty well since, the build quality is solid and the key backlighting is pretty nice if you are going to be using it in a low light enviroment.
If you're looking to get something cheap look for stuff that isn't branded as gaming (might be hard depending on which keys you are wanting), they tend to put less useless features in (mine can register something like 7 differant keypresses at the same time, which is pretty much useless).

$900 budget

Am I doing it right?

>GTX970
No, just no.

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT 150$??? THEY USUALLY GO FOR 250 HERE FUCK BEING EUROPEEEEAN REEEEEE

My mobo broke, why the fuck are lga2011 x79's so expensive. Shit

no you aren't
get a non k if not overclocking or if you are a z170 mobo
1x8 is better ram so it doesnt take 2 slots for future upgrades
get a 1060 why 970?
try to get western digital blue or a toshiba they fail less than seagate

Drop the 970 for a 1060 or 480.
Get a Z170 mobo to OC your CPU.
Be prepared to reinstall Windows once you get an SSD because transferring it is a bigger pain in the ass.

Okay, So real talk here. I'm going to school for Digital Forensics/Cyber Security, I already have a desktop. I need something that will be good for a person in this field. Touchscreen I'm hoping, alot of memory. Any recommendations or anything you think I should look into? I need a laptop for bringing class to class and working on labs so itll also need a rj45 and serial.

>Serial
Take a look at the HP ProBook and Fujitsu Lifebook lines. Those are pretty much the only laptops that still come with a serial connector, or at least they are here in the Netherlands. Keep in mind the majority of these come preconfigured 4GB of RAM, but you can upgrade this yourself with ease.

I was thinking of a Thinkpad for upgrading? Is Fujitsu really a reliable company tho?? I just tthink of cheap disposable cameras when I hear that name