.tiff Revolution: Big Game Edition

>what
tiff image format

>how can I help?
mail your camera manufacturer to have tiff support.
ask your distro to use it as default image format.
complain at internet companies for not having tiff graphics on their site.
inform your congeressman of lack of tiff format on goverment information.

And tell people that you are using tiff because it is the best!

We can do this Sup Forumsentlemen! Never give up the hope!

at a certain point you really have to say that Sup Forums is only into computers so they can hold onto obscure, obsolete 90s standards and forever be a contrarian

>PDF
>PNG

tell us why these are "harmful" with your autistic basement reason so we can laugh at you. "we" referring to the employed

Redpill me on .tiff OP.

Professors at my school always told me to use this format for prints and it didn't bother me converting the pictures to .tiff so I kept using it.

Pic not related, just a cool gif.

give me moots email. ill mail him to support tiff in Sup Forums.

Isn't .tiff the same as .png but with a little more bloat?

Thank you tiff-san, for making it easy to softmod PSPs.

>tiff
>obsolete

Nigga, tiff is used by literally everyone in the graphic design industry.
It has lower usage than jpeg but tiff is definitely the second most used image format there.

.tiff is really cool because you can for example create picture that is cropped while containing the actual full picture!

tiff can save transparency, paths, layers and color formats all while being completely lossless.
jpeg can do a few things of that but not everything and it's lossy, png can barely do anything of that and can't be used for printing.

tiff is the best of both worlds but like someone else said, tiff files are really big so they aren't practical for your average Joe.

arent tiff files fucking huge?

>.tiff
That's what we used for scans like in 2001

You mean FLIF, right?

i wish you die

i want u ded

No. It's magical image format deviced back in 80's. in days when HDD's were 10MB.

No, you can choose if you want compression or not and different methods of compressions (zip, lzw, etc).
Plus, you can save layers & paths.

>.tiff

Yeah no, I'd rather not use an imageformat that calls home.

I only really ever used .tiff because large networked scanners and fax gateways seemed to use it when I worked in a large office. Dunno if that's still the case, that was about ten years ago.

And which superset/superset of the available, incompatible *.tiff formats do you mean? Remember: Nobody has an implementation that covers all features and many vendors have some not so nice extras. Might as well request MrSID support.

Oh no not this meme again.

I used it back in the 80s on my NeXT computer

Not sure why would you do this now considering theres .jpg/png for images and psd for layers and other shit

>tiff
Go jump off a tall building you fucking faggot.

source?

Yet they are larger than jpgs. Don't lie to fellow anons!

>meme

It's not magical.
It's only popular because some storage formats of it are faster to stream.

>.tiff support on cameras
>what is RAW

Ricoh devices still use it by default for scanning and fax forwarding but with the exception of one engineering house everyone has me set them up to do PDFs instead.

DO IT