Speccy thread?

speccy thread?

feel free to post guts, builds, etc.

blaze it

is there any plausible reason to upgrade to 32gb of ram?

bump

yes.

good old girl

Hopefully I can get a 1 GB SSD for a good price this holiday season. I'm so tired of hearing my HDDs. I'm going to put them in a external bay. I need a new video card too. My 560 Ti started shitting on me and I had to pull this 5450 out of storage.

Are those three DIFFERENT monitors?

Recent built desktop.

Yeah, i need to sort out getting four of the same, it's annoying but they don't look that bad.

plebs

With that card, I would get two or three 1440p monitors

Yeah i'm gonna get 1440p next, just finished upgrading my computer so monitors are next.

>60hz

>Windows 10

Was the 1TB mSATA worth it?

>botnet 10

NORMIES LEAVE MY Sup Forums

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stay mad frog

Let me know when Linux gains actual support and doesn't fall apart if one thing fails.

No amount of "support" is ever enough for you. The more groups, companies, and people jump on board the further you move the goalposts.

All on Air, not Water

No matter what I do I just can't get 4.8ghz on the cpu. Gpu wise I can get over 1200mhz (and can reach 1500mhz on the memory) but thats a lot of extra stress for marginal gains.

Note to self: fix vram heatsinks.

Keep thinking that man. linux will forever be for servers and people with to much time. It was never meant to be an easy OS for people its always going to be a server OS first.

First time using this program, it's pretty cool!

Do you also use an abacus? Or possibly ride a horse to work?

Considering every part of it but the mobo has been a hand me down from a more well-off friend, I think it's pretty okay.

Nice 'n' cool, even in the heat of summer.

>not a z97 motherboard
lad

Stupid question but what program is that.

feel free is the keyword

>just reseated heatsink (NH-D14)
>used old thermal paste
>idling at 38°C (ambient is roughly 25°C)
i think i need to redo this

Speccy by Piriform™

hi

>PrtScn

Your PC it's not powerful enough to take screenshot I guess

HOUSEFIRE

havent used that piece of shit in months, wont touch it for longer than a minute

Why does everybody use windows 10? Windows 8.1 and 7 do not have the telemetry and tracking, so why did you "upgrade"? I'm ashamed of you, Sup Forums, sacrificing your privacy for DX12 support when Vulkan will come from the heavens to save us all

>90nm
JUST

Guys is this the latest Windows 10 thread?

Thats our secret, Sup Forums - we are always windows 10.

I have a 6950X in my girlfriend's butthole, are you even trying?

generations becoming number and number - is that the right term, more numb? just a pattern of numbers. sound like an oldfage but Im just a gen behind millenials

ayy waddup?

That statistic is inherently biased because you're looking at Steam, which is mostly tech-illiterate gaymers.

Also
>970

nice toaster

You have a 64-bit processor, have you considered installing a 64-bit operating system?

Plus being july's numbers the likes of the 1060 and 480 haven't been on the market long enough to really make a difference to the survey. The next time the survey is taken is when things should dramatically change.

yeah laptop broke getting new pc in 5 days from now just saw the date been fuckin 1 month using this shit 1 wasted no school month ffs

its just temporary i dont really care

It's still represents a movement within a segment of the psyche where having something to hide is suspicious and sharing, reacting is an ambivalous exchange within a controlled self-reinforcing field steered and monitored. Even if it's steam, it's a sample of society. Seniors wouldn't show incredibly different results.

Did i do good?

Maybe your graphics card is just a housefire

Air is not an effective enough conductor for a gpu to radiate enough heat for cause a cpu to idle that far above ambient - especially with a D14

I only had firefox and a few folders open.

Need advice for replacing the GTX560. Later next year I'm aiming to do a new build with a 1080ti ( or whenever it comes out) however in the meantime I just want something temporary and cheap that will allow me to play newly released games like Doom and No Man's Sky.

Most people are tech illiterate. Believe it or not, PeeCee gaymers are typically more tech literate than the average person.

I need a new GPU

You know Windows 10 is kinda important for games, right?

I'm not even Sup Forums really, I just play vidya.

upgraded a few months ago from a Phenom ii 965BE that was giving me stutters in Dark Souls 3, now with the Skylake i3 I get no stutters. Also my PC boots to desktop WAY faster now.

>79c
>84c

It's all anime.

but im getting a 6700k, 1070 and new mobo next week

same here, but I'm a poorfag and rarely buy the latest AAA games, but I feel like my 7850 has crossed the line this year, I'm either getting a 1060 or a 480. I don't plan on going above 1080p so 4gb VRAM is fine by me.

>getting 6700k and 1070 and new mobo
>already have a haswell i7 and a 970

Do you enjoy throwing money away?

How's my rig?

You can play Oblivion, 8/10 build.

maybe he's a fallout 4 fag, can't run that game at a stable 75+ fps minimum with ddr3 dual channel ram.

1. It's going to be the only relevant OS in the future, as usual.
2. Data privacy died when the internet was born, because evil corporations and fascist intelligence and surveillance agencies can jack into your ISP and analyze your data packets, regardless of how autistic your PC is.
3. DX12 will be one hell of a lot more important than Vulkan and everybody knows it.
4. It was free.

>evil corporations and fascist intelligence and surveillance agencies can jack into your ISP and analyze your data packets, regardless of how autistic your PC is.

See, that's fine, because it isn't taking MY cpu cycles, bandwidth, or IO.

Win10 crosses that sacred line, and i will NEVER use it.

Your 32GB of DDR3 RAM will be useless with that

It's illegal under EU law, anyway.

Didn't Windows always have that backdoor at the kernel level? I was led to believe the CIA or whoever can look into anyone's PC anytime they want.

>spending $800 to get a slight FPS boost in ONE poorly optimized game

Even if Fallout 4 was anywhere near as good as New Vegas this would be a completely fucking retarded waste of money, 95% of all other games would perform the same with the specs he already has.

>implying i dont already have ram to put in it

gah, need to remember to fix ram times after bios update

I'll do it in the morning

That was never not the case. The difference is they have to put a conceited effort and have a reason to target you specifically. At that point the backdoor is irrelevant, they'll send a fucking SWAT team on your ass alternatively.

Could you post pic of this? Made me curious

>8GB RAM more coming next week

Right, because US government institutions are known for sticking to the rules

>1GB SSD
You mean SD Card right?

Solid 5/7

32-bit SP3 is the best OS ever!

Because you asked for it

i should be good for a few more years now

>gtx 1080 with 60hz
why

ever heard of streaming, my friendo

Getting a 1070 as soon as a game needs more than a gtx 660 to run smooth.

wow ur cpu temp how

i have my 6600k at 4.5Ghz and the max idle temp is 28C in this summer heat

>blaze it