Whats the most successful software project that you've contributed to?

Whats the most successful software project that you've contributed to?

All the ones I'm paid to.

Flashgot

I never actually finished any of my software projects.

mpv

Adobe Photoshop

I've patched a couple of JIRA issues in Apache Solr.

A forked version of a CLI clock, but no one gives a fuck to it or any of my projects.

The Linux kernel.

Some commits on libgit2sharp. I want to start contributing again but I don't have time.

perfect

either ranger or Sup Forums-x not really sure which is more successful. my contributions to ranger are definitely still there after a few years but I'm not sure if my contributions to Sup Forums-x still are.

WIDNows 7 NT KERNEL

Chrome.
I went on a rant after losing an hour's work due to backspace for back. The contribution of my user input seems to have done something.

I created a rendering library for Minecraft many years ago, but nobody seemed to use it.

So you are the fucker which they removed that feature for.

Translations for GIMP and Firefox in 2007-2008. Not gonna say which languages for obvious reasons; only that they're not used in first-world countries.

I once filed a bug report for youtube-dl soooo

I once filed an issue on github for the Arc theme
The problem was actually on my machine, but github now says it is a repository I contribute to
I don't even use that theme anymore but github doesn't allow me to take that off of my profile

skype and spotify.

>feature
i lose my fucking 4chin posts all the time because firefox has this "feature". fuck you

ps. how the fuck do i turn it off

lel, either software from work (probably software from work) or OpenRCT2

Honestly you should keep that sort of stuff on your profile even if you could remove it. It may be somewhat misleading but it will look good if your github account is attached to projects even just by raising issues/discussion.

This is of course assuming your github is attached to your resume or linkedin or whatnot

This is bait

>"feature"

FUCK OFF. SELECT A FUCKING AND IT WON'T SEND YOU BACK, YOU DUMBASS

DON'T FUCKING FORCE PEOPLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR SPASTIC ASS

TEXT BOX

None of the accounts I have online are linked to my real world identity

>OpenRCT2
My negro

it fucking deselects the reply box automatically while i'm holding backspace to rewrite my message, you dumb shit

Doesn't happen on my machine.

nice post, very useful

The Ubantoo operating system : @ )

I notice you don't have a problem forcing people to comply with backspace for back or to work around it, though.
How does it feel to be on the other side, needing an extension to enable it, while the rest of us can get rid of our extensions to disable it?

Oh, it must not exist. Thanks for clearing that up!

Who are in the majority and who are in the minority, user? Surely not you.

Pretty sure Windows users outnumber Unix shell ones.

>holding backspace

Why would you do this instead of Shift+the arrow keys and then pressing delete? Holding backspace is much slower, you know. Or you could straight up press CTRL+A and delete everything.

What was this bit about windows? Every modern software, across every platform navigates a page back when you press the backspace key. Why should the browser be an exception?

I use Windows myself, user. I don't want the behaviour of my back button to be as inconsistent as Android.

backspace key*

>pressing backspace X times instead of holding it
fuck off, retard

>using backspace for back when it is clearly already bound to going back a fucking space
why not just use ctrl [ faggot

>it goes back on my other browsers!
Nobody cares.

because pressing backspace is faster and that is what it is supposed to be used for

My socket.io client for iOS/macOS was picked up by the socket.io project and now it's the official client for the Apples

>it fucking deselects the reply box automatically while i'm holding backspace to rewrite my message, you dumb shit

Are you using a shitty browser? This seriously has never happened to me.

he's using firefox m8

>This seriously has never happened to me.
And that somehow means I'm making it up?

Fuck, CTRL+SHIFT+the arrow keys, can't believe I fucked that one up.

What?

Fuck you too, user. I did not say "browsers". I said software. Backspace taking you back a page is an universal thing that everybody who is into technology has grown used to.

That would be a dumb design decision, why would one implement such a "feature"?

backspace has been around since before browsers came around. it has always been used to remove text. shut the fuck up, your argument is shit and you're wrong.

It's a bug either in FF or 4chanX. I've tried reinstalling both but it's still there.

Property register for the Postal Service
Based documentum.

>I said software
Name them. I'll then name software that uses backspace to mean, "delete the previous character." We'll see who can name more.

Yes, I am perfectly aware that my argument is shit. I'm ESL, but I'm not gonna let that get in the way.

Anyway. backspace SHOULD delete TEXT when a TEXTBOX is selected. With this, I agree. However, when text is NOT SELECTED, it should go back a page. No switching textboxes when there's no longer any text to delete.

Blame the clumsy devs for fucking up something so basic.

You'd be able to name more, but let me expand.

It shouldn't ALWAYS go back a page, that depends on the context.

I'm gonna repeat myself again.

if there is no text selected, backspace should take you back, or perform another option other than deleting, depending on the software.

>No switching textboxes when there's no longer any text to delete.
i never said that's what it does.
it's random and can happen at any time even when i'm not pressing backspace, it just deselects the textbox.

also why the fuck are you blaming devs when it doesnt happen for anyone else?

>if there is no text selected, backspace should take you back
Install an extension to make it do so if you want it so much.

>it just deselects the textbox

That sounds like a bug if anything. Really... I can't believe I wasted my time.

Damn, it's almost 1 in the morning here in Israel, I gotta go to sleep.

>just install an extension!

No. I should not add an extension to enable something so basic. Any accidents like are purely due to clumsiness.

Bye.

>That sounds like a bug if anything
no fucking shit since it doesnt happen for anyone else

>No. I should not add an extension to enable something so basic
and we shouldnt have to install one to prevent a retarded "feature" from going back to the previous webpage.

you know the side buttons on your mouse does this, right?

again, backspace already has a function, the browser should not give it a different function that interfere with the original function.

I fixed a comma in a README file.

>Any accidents like are purely due to clumsiness.
so? for the same reason that ctrl-alt-del is difficult to press, it should not be easy to go back a page because your keyboard focus was accidentally in the wrong place

>No. I should not add an extension to enable something so basic
Then don't, and live without it.

Buddy, you need to use mouse gestures. Using backspace to go back a page is just fucking retarded.

OpenBSD

Sadpanda.

I downloaded Asian bathing suit pictures from aliexpress using wget.
Pic related, it was me at the time.

Selenium

ShareX

Depends on how you measure success, and what counts as a contribution.

t. I designed the logo

Anime?

filename

lens.github.io and TinyMCE

tetzle and mpv

someone starred a python png parser I did on shithub

SAP products.

Literally LMAOing at freecucks in this thread.

9front lmao

Clover

Windows 10

Sup Forums-x

Firefox.

You know how you can now see the image of the chosen file in the file chooser in the GNU version of Firefox? You're welcome.

The only thing that could be done since GTK+ devs are a bunch of cunts that don't believe in actual preview images and Firefox won't fucking use Qt, but at least it's better than the situation we used to have where you get fucking nothing.

doesn't happen for me in firefox either

>You know
No
>The only thing that could be done
You can setup chrome to simply use the kde file picker even in a gnome environment. A much simpler solution.

ppsspp

Back then, we didn't even have Chrome, kid.

Holy fuck.

TOR

Then maybe you should have added bring your own file picker functionality to firefox instead of fucking around.

im to shy to contribute to projects or to have public repos of my own stuff.
way too afraid of someone calling my work, code or me shit and having that out there on the internet for everyone to see.

I contributed a minor patch to OpenBSD during the 5.2 release cycle, 4 years ago.