Can someone please help me out

Can someone please help me out

I've always had my computer downstairs, but I really want to move it upstairs for more privacy.
Now the thing is, my house is old as fuck and doesnt have grounded outlets. I was considering a more expensive powerline adapter because there aren't any ethernet cables running upstairs, but i heard ungrounded outlets result in bad connectivity.

What's my best bet on getting a connection good enough for online gaming upstairs?

Move out of your parents house.

Wi-fi

Drill a hole and run an ethernet cable.
>my house is old as fuck and doesnt have grounded outlets
I assume you live somewhere in Euroland?

Assuming co-ax for cable TV is present in both rooms, MoCA.

what kind of metrosexual are you that you dont know the difference between a rotary hammer, and a drill?

ethernet plugs work fine, i get around 5ms latency

It doesn't matter if they are grounded or not those adapters aren't even three prong.

What do you mean?
There aren't any ethernet cables running upstairs

Not allowed to drill unfortunatly, and yes

seriously, move out of your parents house

and get a laptop that is strong enough to make your main machine, either a thinkpad or a dell latitude/precision

>Not allowed

Stop being a beta faggot and just do it.

wish I could,
I have to wait at least 2 years to move out, since I'm going abroad for 6 months next year. Due to studies I cant move out right now, so I really need to make do with what I got

im just talking shit on the internet man

i know your feeling all too well, i can't move out for a long time either.

i am serious about the thinkpad or dell thing though, invest in a quality laptop that you can service yourself, and use as a true daily driver.
i had no idea what it would be like until I switched, I'm no longer bound by anything.

just think about how quick your current issue would be resolved if you just got up and walked upstairs with a laptop

OP wants to game, desktops are infinitely better at gaming then laptops.

>powerline
These things are absolute shit, even if they advertise 500mbit/s or more, they rarely go over 30-40, especially if you already have shitty wiring in your home

proper 5ghz AC wifi can give you 100mbit/s or more even through one concrete ceiling

if this is no solution and you're not "allowed" to drill then
a) move out
b) get one of those super-flat ethernet cables in white that you can just run along the wall

>they rarely go over 30-40, especially if you already have shitty wiring in your home
also don't listen to revies that say they are "good" because 95% of them are written by tech illiterate idiots who are too stupid to run their own ethernet or set up their own wifi who are happy that they got the internet working AT ALL

There are drills that serve purpose as low impact rotary hammers. Ultimately, it's all in the drill family. Ergo, user, other a on is right.

My room is exactly above the router, would just a wireless adapter be enough for decent connection for gaming?

my t430 handles emulators and retro arch well, in addition to super tux kart

you can also play old games through wine
I will now describe the only game-related applications you should have on your machine

>VBA-M
>Mupen64
>PCSX2
>Retroarch
>Dolphin
>Jagged Alliance v1.13 with Arulco Revisited Mod played through WINE
>360 controller

and that is it, that is my exact setup, nobody else in the entire world should have anything besides that

my bullshit aside, gaming is possible on a laptop, you just have to be selective. yes, you can't play your triple a title, that is absolutely true - do you really need it though?
as I get older I find it harder and harder to sit down and play games, of course, not everyone is me, but just about everyone else in life will share this sentiment at some point

why don't you see 50 year olds playing vidya?

>would just a wireless adapter be enough for decent connection for gaming?
Yes

a decent ping to your ISP is much more important than the 0.05ms you get by using Ethernet instead of wifi

>There are drills that serve purpose as low impact rotary hammers. Ultimately, it's all in the drill family. Ergo, user, other a on is right.
There are, and they look like drills, but that isnt. For fucks sakes it says BOSCH HAMMER on the side. When will you metrosexuals learn to read?