Why do graphics card manufacturers insist on having 3 DisplayPort output interfaces when most of the high end and...

Why do graphics card manufacturers insist on having 3 DisplayPort output interfaces when most of the high end and medium class monitors don't even use DisplayPort? I mean, what other purpose does multiple interfaces on a graphics card have other than support for multiple monitors. Since most monitors use HDMI, then why the fuck do GPU manufacturers insist on having only ONE HDMI interface but have then 3 extra DisplayPort interfaces?

Shut the fuck up, DP is the standard both in the high end class monitors and in your mom's bedroom when me and my boys roast her.

Lol from the list of high end monitors, I could count the DPshitters with my fingers on one hand. This is the case of "wannabe future techheads" designing shit with no regards to the consumer. They just want to wank on their supermegahyper advanced technology USE OUR TECH NAO

what is the point of triple monitor? Why not just get a larger monitor? Because it's cheaper? oh...ok.

>prefers hdmi over DP
kill yourself

Every respectable brand uses DP for their monitors

three 1080s in portrait beat a 4k memeter any day my friend

>HDMI

I ordered a new 24' 150€ monitor, it has DisplayPort.
DisplayPort is the future, HDMI is the Composite of the future, DisplayPort is RGB.

/thread

>Buying anything but a-sync capable monitor ins 2002+14
AHAHAHA

No cards have VGA passthrough on DVI anymore so it's nice to have DP -> VGA

This is the one thing I like about DP.

Obviously, because you care about VGA and not things like a-sync, must be great living in 2004.

What year do you think this is retard? Almost every monitor these days comes with a DP connector. Especially the medium to high-end ones. ESPECIALLY the high-end ones you fucking dip shit.

What kind of piece of shit generic off-brand OEM PoS display doesn't support DP in the year of the lord MMXVI?

What high end monitors that matter use HDMI only? I'm genuinely curious. DP wins out pretty much every way possible.

this

I don't own a single display that doesn't support DP

Even my literally 6-year old dell ultrasharp supports it

Word.

> (OP)
>What high end monitors that matter use HDMI only? I'm genuinely curious. DP wins out pretty much every way possible.

This

Lol, you clearly don't know how many people worldwide still use VGA output monitors.

If they can't afford a new monitor, they can't afford one of these graphics cards. It's really a moot point.

Oh boy, so many kiddos out of touch with the latest in technology.

what if lets say you wasted all your money on a good pc but you bought some budget monitor, i can tell you as a guy who did that. some people dont want ULTRA MEGA SUPER HD, as a guy who transitioned from a laptop im still quite happy with my monitor i got for like 60-70 bucks

That's my fucking point. Triple DP interface caters to the very least minor population of gamers, not the most consumer population or near future consumer population.

Sorry no one cares about your toy.

If you get a $400 graphics card, you should be able to squeeze $200 for a HD monitor.

No one cares about poor scrubs with outdated HDMI ports, mate.

what if you are on a budget m8?

Then you won't be buying a $700 VR set nor will you have multiple monitors, so one HDMI is enough.

Then what's the fuckin point of buying a new graphics card if you have a monitor that won't work with it?

HDMI doesn't even support freesync/gsync or 144hz fullhd.
What's the point?

I only have DVI/VGA on all my monitors, which makes all the new GPUs basically only suitable for one monitor

DP adapters are cheap and you only have to buy them once. Cry me a river you little bitch.

How do you manage with your coal-fired automobile when all fueling stations use petrol?

Adapters are like 8 bucks! Stop your whiney bitching and do a little research next time you buy a high end gfx card. It's not hard.

i dont know man maybe not everyone plans to use 425262626 monitors or 144hz fullhd,

DP is great for 3 monitors, or >1080p, or >60Hz, or all of this combined.

Kill DVI already. Do 2 HDMI (for poorfags) + 3 DP.

People, who buy a triple monitor setup do.

If you are poor you should stay away from the high tech and stick with used parts from ebay.

Then why the fuck do you need an enthusiast card?

DVI actually supports everything you mentioned. HDMI doesn't.

you are retarded arent you?

>most of the high end and medium class monitors don't even use DisplayPort?

that shit ain't high end if it doesn't have DP retard

because maybe i want to future proof my build and then after some time buy a high tier monitor

>pot calling the kettle black

HDMI stopped being relevant around 2 years ago.
You either buy a new setup or just admit that you are a poor scrub.

i am poor scrub, and i am happy with my 60hz monitor

Maybe you should future proof your monitor first.

why is the monitor the most important part, if i buy a 500 dollar monitor and try to play it on my AMD Athlon 64 i wont get much of an improvement will i?

DVI can't do more than 2560 × 1600 × 60 Hz.
HDMI can, and DVI is pretty much a subset of HDMI.
In most cards 3 monitors setups are not supported if you don't use at least one DP.

The only thing DVI can still do better is carry analog signals.

>DVI is pretty much a subset of HDMI.
Uhhhh

Future proofing doesn't exist for graphics cards, or computers at all really. Buying a $200-$300 card now and then buying a new one in three years will be a better value than buying a $600 card and keeping it twice as long.

The only thing you should spend more upfront on is your PSU, case, and CPU cooler. CPUs can last quite a while but your motherboard will be outdated faster than the CPU, so unless you have a specific task that requires it there's no reason to get anything but an average i5.

i think the only monitor i have left without dp is a wacom cintiq 12
and my monitors are cheap ass samsungs from like 2013 and they both have dp

also what's this shit about high end monitors not having dp, do you even know how to get 4k at 60hz let alone 120 or 144?
dp is the answer now get out with your ancient dvi crap

Then stop worrying about people with flagship graphics card and 3 monitor setups.

>DVI can't do more than 2560 × 1600 × 60 Hz.
Nigga, I have an Asus running fullhd@144hz with gsync through DVI right now.
It has an HDMI port too, but HDMI doesn't support the 144hz, nor the sync.
Actually I have yet too see an HDMI full feature support for gaming monitors.

got a big ass fullHD monitor 6 years ago
and its gonna last me another 6 years, maybe with a PSU cap replacement along the way.

there is absolutely no reason buying a new monitor unless your literally breaks or you want some gadgety 3D or curved bullshit

Because my multi monitor setup >>>>>>>>>>> your physical multi monitor setup.

DP is the future you HDMI cuck

Enjoy your lazy eye, Pajeet.

Because a Personal Computer is useless without a good monitor. A monitor isn't something you frequently replace.

It's like having a sports car with wagon wheels. Sure it works, but is it really a good idea?

That's besides the point that a DP-enabled monitor doesn't cost $500. Sure, a top of the line one with bells and whistles, but not a standard FHD.

A new monitor also will benefit you by reducing electrical costs. Old monitors (and TVs) are so incredibly inefficient compared to modern panels.

Basically, just because something still works, doesn't mean you should still use it. Give it a proper burial for it's service record.

> poorhd
> muh proprietary gsync
Yes, and that's lower than 2560 × 1600.

I need 3440x1440, and no DVI can't into it.

Just admit you're using a TV for a monitor, that's why you care about hdmi so much.

I want this.

> 3440x1440
> TV

> that's why you care about hdmi so much
But I don't care about it, I want 3 DisplayPort. Just leave two HDMI for the poorfags, kill the huge DVI, and have more space for exhaust.

You have some reading comprehension issues. Are you using VGA?

I'll enjoy fucking your waifu faggot

I cant get my pc setup work with DP. Feels bad man. I like DVI more because it is more JUSTWERKS.

Here is my waifu. Enjoy it, please.

Gladly

>what is the point of triple monitor? Why not just get a larger monitor? Because it's cheaper? oh...ok.
It's amazing for productivity

My 4K monitor probably has as much real estate as three of your shitty monitors

DVI-I > DisplayPort > DVI-D > HDMI > VGA

People still don't have DP monitors? All 3 I use have DP and I got the first one 5+ years ago.

displayport is ok. hdmi is utter trash though, all monitors using it suck

Beat it in a least pixels & most aliasing competition maybe.

>what are professional VGA monitors
Also many cheap prebuilts and atom shitboxes now have DP too

>tfw my monitors only have vga or dvi
i only buy new when something breaks. and only one of them has dvi

>there are legitimately people in this thread who believe HDMI is the best

>High End Monitor
>Doesn't have displayport

lol wut

>most of the high end and medium class monitors don't even use DisplayPort?

OP somehow invented a shitposting machine from the past that shitposts in the future.

could be because 3 hdmi ports means 3 royalty fees. DP masterrace wins again.

Uhh... I use professional UHD displays. If anything, these high end monitors won't support HDMI but always have multiple DP inputs.

I'm for DP over HDMI all day, any day. HDMI just recently started to support 4K but its still not as wide spread and may implementations just use internal DP to HDMI conversion anyway. Lets get rid of the middle man.

Personal preference is for all DP or miniDP and NO hdmi/dvi.

hdmi is fine for HTPC but I still wish the industry would just settle for one standard.

>use DP at 4K
>every time I turn off the monitor it disappears
>SLI gets fucked up
>games no longer remember which monitor to display on
>SLI focus display and primary display somehow end up on different monitors

>switch to HDMI 2.0
>it no longer disappears when turned off
>0 issues

>when most of the high end and medium class monitors don't even use DisplayPort?
What? Pretty much all mid/high end need displayport as only the latest HDMI revision allows for 4K at 60hz, also a lot of laptops are coming with mDP/Thunderbolt as you can push more than just video output from them, daisy chain them and all sorts.

I got a 1920x1080 dell monitor that has displayport for $20
step up sempai

literally who
anyone who uses something with ONLY VGA input doesn't need a new gpu

Let me guess: You're on Windows?

>24'
Where can I buy a monitor that big?

Yes. Most Linux distros don't work yet on GTX 1080 out of the box (black screen while booting).

It's probably (hopefully?) possible to get one with a GUI up and running by installing on the iGPU and then installing the proprietary NVIDIA driver, but it's too much of a PITA to go through such an ass-backwards procedure for something so incredibly basic as actually having a video output. So yeah, I'm on Windows.

consult your local stadium or arena.

A TV I use as a screen looks way better via the VGA port than the HDMI one
I have an old projector I use VGA for
Different strokes for different folks

>24
>big
???

“Removing” DP displays when you turn them off is a Windows anti-feature.

You used to be able to disable it, but they removed the registry key in Windows 7.

Yeah, it's fucking retarded. Some monitors can disable it, but if the monitor doesn't support that, you're stuck with this shitty annoyance. Or you switch to a different connection, like I did.

>he bought a cuckulus rift that only uses HDMI and not a Vive that can use either

Vive has a DP port you dumb sack of shit. You don't even have one.

DP is the future standard. It's really high quality and supports really high resolutions.

>calls other kiddos
>cares about shitty VIDYA GAYMEN technology

Productivity, but to be honest I think two monitors are better for that.
When I had one vertical and one horizontal I could read my hentai on the vertical while shitposting on the horizontal.
Now that I have three vertical I cant do that as efficient.
Three monitors looks much better than two though.

>not using your old 1920x1080 monitors with only DVI or VGA support

>implying this board isn't all about looking backwards

>DVI can't do more than 2560 × 1600 × 60 Hz.
DVI-D dual link can, however

HDMI costs a lot more to implement into anything. Display port doesn't have overhead costs of copyright.

If you didn't want your shit so cheap they would all be HDMI

disregard, i'm wrong

maybe that's why my DVI-D dual link chink monitor "can't" overclock past 64Hz

>high end monitors
>not uding DP

fucking kek!!

The user he replied to wrote 24' (feet) instead of 24" (inches)