I've switched to Windows from Linux.
Reasons:
-More compatible
-Better programming tools
-Full driver support
-Tons of apps
-Gaymes
-IMO Linux is overrated
Sup Forums, did I make the right decision?

I'd use Linux if it weren't for two essential things;
>no professional standard software
>no games

95 looks better

You're right but there's nothing to do.

Which "Linux", OP? Surely you're not running the kernel itself.

WHO THE FUCKING HELL CARES?

>no "professional" quality software.
That's exactly why I'm on linux.
Fuck "professional" software.

why not have both?

Antergos

user, I'm really sorry to say but this looks like shit.

That's a weird first choice..but if you're satisfied with it..

seriously, you don't have to ask for Sup Forums's approval for every single thing; use the OS for yourself and decide for yourself if you like it or not.

>seriously, you don't have to ask for Sup Forums's approval for every single thing

damn straight. i hated all the distros Sup Forums recommended. it wasn't until I started using opensuse that I made the switch from windows.

Well that's why you had compatibility issues and driver issues.
You were on fucking arch.

Better programming tools is only true for C# and maybe C++, outside that it's a mess.

Compatibility wise I've generally had better luck with linux, but I like fucking with old stuff I find at thrift shops, and generally the windows support for those is gone, but the linux driver can be gotten working.

>-More compatible
Really depends on what you mean; compatible with what? Old 95-era software I've needed to use for school runs better on Wine/Linux than Windows. In general I think Wine makes Linux de facto "more compatible" since Windows can't run ELF. Not sure if that still holds true with them including Ubuntu binaries in Win10 or whatever is going on now.
>-Better programming tools
Honestly can't fathom how you'd draw this conclusion.
>-Full driver support
Again it depends. In my experience I've had more plug and play support for printers on Linux that Windows.
>-Tons of apps
Since you mention games separately, I feel free saying you are completely wrong that Windows has more applications than Linux.
>-Gaymes
Agreed, which is the only reason I run Windows at all. These days ~50% of my library has Linux support, can't wait til I don't have to dual boot anymore.
>-IMO Linux is overrated
To each their own.

I don't careeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee OP.

Sup Forums is not your persona blog shithead.

Fuck, this board is cancer.

>fuck good software

>here are five reasons windows is better for me than linux
>Sup Forums should i have switched to windows????
>i just bought a size large shirt because i wear size large shirts
>/fa/ did i pick the right size????
seriously fuck off

That's not my first choice, I've tried about 20 distros.

This is the type of shit behind that fancy gui of yours

Sup Forums is a board about computers and technology. This post is about computers and technology. So fuck off and go to a different thread.

on topic shitposting is still shitposting

this is far too true.
I'd say that is the only reason windows is still widely used as it is

>better programming tools
t. Microsoft Correcting the Linux

Dude, Visual Studio IS better.

So enable Linux subsystem on Windows and install Ubuntu from the app store?

that's just a windows-looking linux distro..

Actually visual studio is pretty amazing tool. Then again I actually like C#.

What is vmware

Why did you click this thread if it doesn't interest you... Nevermind posting to let people know one anonymous person doesn't care about this subject.

I am aware.

>no professional software
>muh gaymes
The two are mutually exclusive. If you're concerned about plain bad console ports and shitty indie games that are all the same on a rig that you spent over $1000 to build, you don't use or care about "professional software".

it's definetly not for running an operating system for everyday use.

Dank hour

>But the Linux driver can be gotten working

How horrifying.

In my experience the Linux kernel already comes with support for most hardware that's been around for a year or so. You don't have to install the drivers manually like you do with Windows. A lot of work has been put into that kernel, and you gotta appreciate what it's capable of even if you don't use a Linux distro.

who need games when you can watch superior TV

Who needs tv when you can watch Netflix on Linu-- oh wait you can't because you need Microsoft Silverlight to stream from that shitty site and Linux only has a crude imitation of it that isn't even supported on i386 architecture anymore.

Reasons to use Linux
-It can run windows in a VM at full speed or even better then native

getting tired of you shills ruining the bored

>ruining the board bcuz he's using windows
absolute bigotry

music production is also trash on Linux

>-More compatible
Yeah, right. Wine supports all versions of the Windows API, Windows 7, 8, and 10 don't.

>-Better programming tools
Apart from Visual $tudio, Windows doesn't really have much to offer to programmers.

>-Gaymes

Lmao this post is absolutely bullshit

Sure you did, if that's the OS that fits you the best.

>Better programming tools
Only for C# which is basically a windows-only thing anyway.
Their Visual C++ can go eat a dick. Can't even do refactoring.

4/10 made me reply

>Linux only has a crude imitation of it that isn't even supported on i386 architecture anymore
Pipelight? I'm pretty sure it works fine on 32 bit.

I use Pipelight just fucking fine to watch Netflix and it took like 5 minutes to set up by following a list of instructions.

If you're gonna be paid to shitpost at least attempted to make your English look correct, OP. Don't you have a designated shitting street to go to?

I live in Turkey, we have no shitting streets. I'm not paid a cent, I'm just against people who think using Linux makes you a power user.

No, it's correct. Gaming on PC is so fucking garbage because developers focus more on console gaming. They do that because it's so much more lucrative. Parents are much more willing to dish out a few hundred dollars for a new gaming console that their kids can all share, rather than a $1000+ custom gaming rig.

>The two are mutually exclusive

That must be the reason why nobody ever made a single penny from developing games for Windows right? You're a very stupid asshole, words are not enough to describe how fucking retarded you are, I pity you.

>let's use an OS to emulate a completely different OS and then depend on software that's exclusive for the second OS instead of just using said OS natively

You remind me of my girlfriend who tried to save my cum in her mouth to then move it to her pussy and get pregnant.

We already had this thread several times this week.

Same goes for other threads.

It's certainly bloat..er.. If you take the time to learn how to use GNU utils, it's just as good or better in some ways.

What made you think Sup Forums is your personal blog?

Sup Forums is dead

I don't have a username, so technically I'm not blogging here.