Why don't I stop distrohopping, Sup Forums?

Why don't I stop distrohopping, Sup Forums?

All distros are pretty much the same now

Same broken software, same broken init, same broken widget toolkits

I agree. What is there to do? I can't use windows either, I don't have a key or whatever.

My plan is eventually to just buy a desktop computer and put OpenBSD on it and fade away. Is that a good plan?

Because you're trying to fill a void in your life by projecting it on your computer, and thinking that finding the 'best' distro will solve all problems, not just the IT ones. Honestly we all do it in one way or another. If it really were only an IT issue you would know and be able to list the problems and then find what you needed and continue working on things more important to you, but that's not how we do things on this board.

Btw have you tried Xubunu? The interface is quite clean and its easy on the ram

You install shit distros that are all the same instead of Gentoo.

Because you haven't used portage yet and you instinctively know there is something better than what you are trying.

Hello. This is true, tbqhmhsfamilam. I know this. However, knowing a thing doesn't change it.

In my experience, the only way for me to stop projecting my life stuff into the search for the best os would be to stop using computers. This is based on my experience of the only way for me not to drink excessively is to not drink at all.

I stay away from Ubuntu and its derivatives because in my mind if I use Ubuntu I might as well just use Debian.

Hello

I tried Gentoo a few years ago. I dont want to use Gentoo because I dont want to set it up. I want everything to work ootb. Gentoo is old and its portage tree is unmaintained. Even the guy who made Gentoo doesnt want to use it any more. Daniel "baskin" Robbins. Works at microsoft, makes Funtoo now in a Windows workstation running a VM in his free time, for fun, for hobby.

And I won't use Debian because it's so terrible the guy who made it killed himself.

I stopped distrohopping when I found slackware.

because you obviously dont do anything important to justify wasting your time reinstalling all of the shit you need and moving the data around

Hello

I did not

I think the big old problem is my plan to stop distrohopping always involves distrohopping. "One last time" "If I only install such and such it will be perfect and I won't need to switch again" etc etc

Hello

Thanks for your response

It doesn't make sense

But once you've tried them all, you can come to a decision. Which distributions did you try thus far? And which ones did you enjoy? What were the reasons that you enjoyed them?

trying to type this up is mostly a list of imaginary stuff.

I'm using Fedora with GNOME and I think I'm just gonna stick it out. This is the first weekend in a while where I didn't reinstall something so that's progress. There's pros and cons to all of them and I don't have the brain situation to objectively choose.

You'll stop once you realize what each distro's purpose is.
Debian for servers
Slackware for living room/ family computer/ old netbook
Gentoo on main Desktop
Arch on laptops or main desktop if you don't want to deal with gentoo.

DM/WM hopping though....

Eh

That'd be nice but I don't agree with any of that. The only way for me to stop hopping is to stop hopping. I don't necessarily disagree, either, but I have one computer only and it's a huge 15 inch 1366 768 screen laptop.

Then go with Arch
You get up to date software that you need for daily use without the stability issues of Fedora and a lot of the customizability of Gentoo in a much easier to use package.
>inb4 archfat
The first thing you do is ignore distro politics and Sup Forums memes when it comes to linux.

used to be like you, don't really know what happened but finally landed on the one.

can't help you though user, gl

Worst list ever.

Use Ubuntu or fedora and move on to bigger issues.

This is a life lesson most of Sup Forums should but will probably never learn.

No.
Ubuntu is a shitty version of debian testing and Fedora is not meant for non-development purposes.
My list is perfect

Hello

Thanks all

I'm going to stick with what I'm using now.

you're a horrible person and an idiot. a kinder gardener has better reasoning skills.

lol :^)
#triggered

Try sabayon, it's babby gentoo