Why is there no good emulators for this?

Why is there no good emulators for this?

It's old and has shitty specs.

Other urls found in this thread:

citra-emu.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wondering the same thing
Bump

Because everyone is working on WiiU Emulation.

But y tho

The GPU is a pain to reverse engineer. The audio stuff is apparently a bitch to keep in sync. Citra is pretty great though. Any code you write and test in it can be reasonably expected to work on hardware.

>asks a question
>answers it in the same post

Why did you even bother?

3DS never gained the Hombrew scene like the DS because lower sales and shitty games. DS is still the superior handheld.

citra-emu.org/

Give it a few years. Or go work on it.

There are emulators but nobody is going to release them until the 3DS is no longer current-gen.

There are but they won't be released until Ninty releases anther handheld because muh piracy laws.

>implying Citra isn't good
Fuck you OP, it's getting there. Appreciate their progress.

The 3DS firmware is extremely hard to hack and I presume game content is encrypted in a way that requires the 3DS hardware somehow.

No. The 3DS didn't gain the homebrew scene because it's almost impossible to make homebrew for it. The one 3DS flash cart on the market will not run unless your 3DS has a version of the 3DS firmware that is at leastr several years old. Nintendo just nipped it in the bud.

The most recent firmwares can run homebrew by using exploits in common games.

because everyone has one?

jews

what if they never release another handheld

encyption was circumvented completely in the last year. You can get the 3DS to encrypt/decrypt things for you fairly painlessly on all but the most recent firmware

>It's old and has shitty specs.
aka these should make it easier, why is there no good emulator for it?

>current generation
>old

wait then how come wiiu emulation is going fairly strong?

prob cuz ur fukkin gay lol

>tfw Vita got hacked just before I went on a road trip
Timing could not have been better

It's current gen but old, Ruby-sempai.

Because the console is dirt cheap and not everyone is a NEET?

Specs don't matter nearly as much as the actual architecture of the console. That's why the PS3 is never going to be able to be emulated.

>That pic
Everyone be warned, that thing will strip you naked in public as part of your initiation. just sayin...

It takes about 10-15 years before emulation becomes a realistic option.

You have to understand that emulation is incredibly wasteful, and requires 7x the processing power to emulate in real time.

>Why is there no good emulators for this?
citra-emu.org/

I use it to develop homebrew and it works perfectly for my needs senpai.

If you want to pirate games, you should've softmodded a 3ds 7 months ago.

got one if you're trying to buy.

>you should've softmodded a 3ds 7 months ago.
But I also want to pirate the 3ds.

HOOOOOOOO!
GOT EM!
Also checked

Nintendo historically makes very weird calls to their hardware. In this case, as mentioned, it's incredibly difficult to understand how the PICA200 works since there's very little documentation on it, unlike more popular hardware. They don't have very much motivation to reveal how it works either since Nintendo is their primary customer. The DS was much easier to emulate because it simply had two normal ARM processors that anyone could find a plethora of documentation for. Nintendo does actively put effort for their designs to be resistant to emulation as well, because if some Chinese company could make a product clone even a year or two after release, the company would lose millions in revenue. This is one of the reason people are speculating on Nintendo using Nvidia chips for their future handhelds, rather than sourcing them from AMD, because nobody other than Nvidia understands how they work.

Citra is making HUGE progress.

In terms of how easy it is to write an emulator, specs don't mean jack shit. It's all about reverse engineering the system.

I just want to add to this that unlike old consoles where emulator creators can use actual documentation as a small hint, nobody dares touch official Nintendo resources for this because it's all legally unsound. So everything in Citra is reverse engineered, and they won't accept any help that comes from Nintendo docs or the SDK. The closest they'll go is examining debug info left in games.This makes it even harder, and much more impressive.

>dirt cheap
>way more expensive than a PSP, except it has only slightly better hardware
lmao

>2.5 hours
>mfw DS lite could easily get 12+ hours, as could the PSP with the upgraded battery.

I haven't charged my fucking DS in 3 years and it still doesn't say it has a low battery.

>0 games
rly nigga

>not wanting to play senran kagura burst

The New 3DS beats the Vita in CPU power and with homebrew you can use that full power on any game. Also how embarassing, the image is so old that it doesn't know that the 3DS has a library.

Because we don't even have good emulators for PS2 or Dreamcast.

Also AMD makes stuff specifically for the China market.

But that's likely a non-reason.

Not trying to be a dick, OP, but you might get the response you're looking for over at /vg/hbg or /r/3dshacks

Both my consoles are already hacked and completely circumvented. The homebrew community is massive. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary knowledge to answer your question

Smash bros

I have never seen a VITA in real life outside a store

I've seen one, it was in the hands of a pakiboo.

>Why is there no good emulators for this?

>It's old and has shitty specs.
You answered youre own question lizard dick

People with vitas don't use them in public except in Japan. 3DS is the fedora autist choice.

it emulates nes and snes, everything else is a long stretch to emulate on such shit hardware

its honestly terrible.

best game is pokemon and sonipro

There's almost never an instance of a system being emulated before it's reached the end of its own lifespan.

Wii is the most obvious exception, and that happened because it's just a Gamecube.

I think the GBA had reasonable emulation by this point.

>it's just a Gamecube
uhh?

The Wii's hardware is effectively the same. There's some slight changes in clock and also the Starlet but very little affects how games execute.

The Wii was seriously an overclocked GC CPU with a bit more RAM and shit. That's why it had no issues playing GC games and was compatible with basically everything that ever came out for the GC.